PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay for a quality stripped AR lower??

fivonut
08-05-2010, 02:46 PM
As I talk more and more with manufacturers that are willing to make lower receivers for me, it's looking like I will be able to offer my own AR 15 multi cal forged lowers by Jan 2011. I plan to offer two styles of lower receiver. One being a regular mil spec lower Model RT-15, the second being a themed lower receiver which I won't disclose yet (Ihave some legal leg work to do on this one) but think along the lines of the Zombie themed lowers offered through Mega or the Pirate themed lowers offered through Spikes Tactical.

I'm hoping to be able to offer the standard lower for $140-$150. I'm hoping to offer the themed lower for $170-$180. Spike advertises their pirate themed lowers for $250 and I've seen the Zombie lowers sell for $200+ privately.

Any and all input is welcome. These prices will be my MSRP. Obviously I'll take care of BCMers.

xxtremeteam
08-05-2010, 05:05 PM
time to start saving for a themed lower after vaction!!!! these will rock

MurphysLaw88GT
08-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I like how NoDak Spud does their receiver markings on their "Retro" style (and there short run of A2 style lowers)... Lack of all markings and logos minus the info that is required to be on a receiver manufactured and intended for re-sale.

But I must admit that I am boring as hell.

But I would pay 140-150 because I have in the past.

Russ Jerome
08-06-2010, 02:01 AM
I think it would be a nich buisness requiring a finacial investment on your parts to wait and see the outcome. I've bough polymer lowers (mil spec, perfect function, completely RTF) from our own forum for $99 brand new and remember years ago during the last "oh god they are taking our guns" erra paying over $270 (custom blue anodized alum finish) for another lower that worked no better than the less costly lower. Being a cheap(broke) old B-sterd I highly doubt "I" will ever spend big money again.

On the other end of the spectrum I have a couple WSSM mid cals uppers I wish I had the money to buy, barrel is accuracy the lower just pulls the pin, a well placed rock can replace the entire lower receiver. I've owned ARs since before it was cool, happy to see all the enthusiasm in your buisness and others, hope to support you.

fivonut
08-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I think it would be a nich buisness requiring a finacial investment on your parts to wait and see the outcome. I've bough polymer lowers (mil spec, perfect function, completely RTF) from our own forum for $99 brand new and remember years ago during the last "oh god they are taking our guns" erra paying over $270 (custom blue anodized alum finish) for another lower that worked no better than the less costly lower. Being a cheap(broke) old B-sterd I highly doubt "I" will ever spend big money again.

On the other end of the spectrum I have a couple WSSM mid cals uppers I wish I had the money to buy, barrel is accuracy the lower just pulls the pin, a well placed rock can replace the entire lower receiver. I've owned ARs since before it was cool, happy to see all the enthusiasm in your buisness and others, hope to support you.

I probably could talk with some of the lesser known manufacturers and offer an inexpensive lower but I couldn't bring myself to put my name on them. I know there's lowers out there that can be had for well under $100 but the reviews on them are hit and miss.

The company I'm working with also does machine work for Boeing and holds their product to exacting tolerances. I'll also be offering uppers that should match up very well with the lowers.

But, this is just one facet. I will also offer FFL transfers and retail firearm sales.

Rifleman WI
08-07-2010, 11:56 AM
ide go $150 for a good striped lower.. i was looking at RRA and there around $175 some places.

SSDude
08-07-2010, 06:49 PM
The Spikes Tactical (http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_65&products_id=52&zenid=2v6vock463vevmk7l6d77dhdd7) for $99 screams buy me!
Sell quality but as cheap as possible. Guys at shows are always looking for best price on quality. Hell I'd put a couple away for a rainy day if there good quality and priced right.