PDA

View Full Version : Got Repellent...???

Car Guy
08-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I have only been on this earth for 30 years and cannot remember more mosquitos at any one given time.....:stare

awsomeears
08-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Fixing A/C units in the shade while every weed/mini plant around is just unbearable !!!

No joke at least 300 just started flying as soon as I set my tool bag down, FUCK THIS SHIT !!!

theavenger333
08-04-2010, 10:24 PM
hmm, well we did just have a record rainfall.........

Prince Valiant
08-04-2010, 10:44 PM
A few years back I can remember it being real bad...we had rain, after rain, after rain. A lot of heavy rainfalls too.

One could watch the sidelines at friday night football games and watch everyone squirm.

In my backyard, I used the yard repellent...I find it works pretty good. The biggest thing it seems is not just spraying the grass, but the bushes as well.

Yooformula
08-04-2010, 11:41 PM
this shit sucked. I spent over 6 hours cutting the forest once known as my grass and every pass with the mower let loose a tidal wave of pissed off mosquitos.

Cryptic
08-05-2010, 12:39 AM
I learned today that apparently Deep Woods Off doesn't work on bees. I got stung while trimming bushes today. My brother got stung by a hornet 3 times yesterday when he opened the door to his pickup. Bugs are bad that's for sure.

michelle
08-05-2010, 06:20 AM
I look like I have the chicken pox. ):

Ricky Bobby
08-05-2010, 06:51 AM
the stuff they give us at work is really good except for when i sweat and it drips in my mouth tastes like shit :rolf

GTSLOW
08-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I swear they had to of come from that rain we had two weeks ago. It's like hell on earth by my house. It's all good tho, two bottles of this tonight and I'll be happy again......

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/071121/071121610676lg.jpg

This stuff is AMAZING.

Flicktitty
08-05-2010, 08:50 AM
My parent's get there yard Fogged by a company out of Whitewater they have had it done twice this year, and it works AMAZING! i almost forget about bugs till i go anywhere else. the person who does the spraying said this is the worst year for bugs in a long time.

Karps TA
08-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I swear they had to of come from that rain we had two weeks ago. It's like hell on earth by my house. It's all good tho, two bottles of this tonight and I'll be happy again......

This stuff is AMAZING.

I wish more people would use that stuff in my neighborhood. I spray every other week all summer long. And the stuff works, however it's like dandelions, if your neighbors ain't doing shit about it, then it's a losing battle.

jbiscuit
08-05-2010, 09:50 AM
That Cutter stuff does seem to work pretty well. I haven't sprayed my yard in a few weeks now however so walking back there you can see them loft with every step. The grass is completely covered in skeeters

GTSLOW
08-05-2010, 10:03 AM
^ Ya when ever we get heavy rain like that you'll have to spray again. It will kill all of those bastards again. I sprayed half my neighbors yard in early june. I had horrible mosquitos from the swamp across the street. No issues for almost two months. It's always fun spraying too, you'll have a huge swarm chasing your ass all over the yard.

Car Guy
08-05-2010, 10:07 AM
I swear they had to of come from that rain we had two weeks ago.

They are, hatching time is 4-14 days and the large amount of rain was exactly two weeks ago. The rain could not have come at a worse time as this is peak season for mosquitos.....

badass88gt
08-05-2010, 10:13 AM

This stuff is AMAZING.

How do you use it, do you spray the entire yard, shrubs, bushes, etc? My yard is about an acre so I may need a few of those bottles I bet.

chargedformula
08-05-2010, 10:19 AM
i heard on the news the other day that this weekend is supposed to be peak time for mosquitoes, looks like i picked the perfect weekend to go camping.

Prince Valiant
08-05-2010, 10:26 AM
How do you use it, do you spray the entire yard, shrubs, bushes, etc? My yard is about an acre so I may need a few of those bottles I bet.that's what I did...skeeters like to sit down in the grass and out of direct sunlight, as well as undersides of the leaves in bushes in shrubs. Make that spot inhospitable to them (it isn't really to kill them, though it may kill a few, but to keep them from where you are) and your day and nights in the back yard are much easier.

I got one sting from a skeeter while grilling last night...that's it. I sprayed about a week ago. :thumbsup

Larrygto
08-05-2010, 10:36 AM
It seems the bees are extremely active as well, my wife and 3 of my neighbors have been stung in the past few days.

GTSLOW
08-05-2010, 11:34 AM
How do you use it, do you spray the entire yard, shrubs, bushes, etc? My yard is about an acre so I may need a few of those bottles I bet.

Yup and what prince said. I spray everything lol. Trees, bushes, grass, side of the house, the drive way. I went 8 weeks with ZERO mosquitos where as the week before I couldn't walk from one end of my yard to the other without having a flock chasing me.

wikked
08-05-2010, 11:41 AM

This stuff is AMAZING.

^^^^^^

Although being so amazing, it is usually sold out at most places :|

Silver86
08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
past few nights ive had to work on the car with the garage door down (car not running of course) just to keep from getting swarmed.

flyin_blue_egg
08-05-2010, 12:14 PM
how do the other brands of yard sprays work??? seeing as how the stuff everyones talking about is usually sold out??

Karps TA
08-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I've used the Musq B Gone stuff from Menards and it's been just as good.

GTSLOW
08-05-2010, 12:36 PM
^^^^^^

Although being so amazing, it is usually sold out at most places :|

Ha this was the problem last year. I'm sure it's gonna be hard to find this week too. Usually have a good supply here in Madison.

-stew-
08-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Shit, it's bad INSIDE at my work. Fucking ridiculous.

Moparjim
08-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I recently picked up one of those Thermoguard or Thermocell or whatever things recommended on another thread here somewhere. Got mine at Dunham's its like $25 and its a little butane powered device that WORKS it clears them out of a 15-20 foot radius its awesome for working on the car or whatever.

wikked
08-05-2010, 11:53 PM
I recently picked up one of those Thermoguard or Thermocell or whatever things recommended on another thread here somewhere. Got mine at Dunham's its like $25 and its a little butane powered device that WORKS it clears them out of a 15-20 foot radius its awesome for working on the car or whatever.

Thermacell <had to look it up>.
I read that it only works in the direct line that it's facing, and any part of you that's out of it's path is fair game?

jbiscuit
08-06-2010, 07:58 AM
TRIED to golf late yesterday....ridiculous! The Skeeters are worse than ever. You couldn't stand still to hit your ball and we had to quit early it was so bad. Biting through your shorts, shirt etc. I dowsed myself with Deet yet it didn't seem to last more than 10 minutes

Cryptic
08-06-2010, 09:47 AM

This stuff is AMAZING.

Bought some of this stuff yesterday and I must say it was nice to let the dog out this morning and not get mauled by mosquitoes in my own back yard.

good stuff :thumbsup

Moparjim
08-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Thermacell <had to look it up>.
I read that it only works in the direct line that it's facing, and any part of you that's out of it's path is fair game?

Nope it works pretty good. I just set it on the floor facing up, and it clears them out of a good 15-20 foot area maybe. You can literally see them fly away from it once you set it down.

Car Guy
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
TRIED to golf late yesterday....ridiculous! The Skeeters are worse than ever. You couldn't stand still to hit your ball and we had to quit early it was so bad. Biting through your shorts, shirt etc. I dowsed myself with Deet yet it didn't seem to last more than 10 minutes

I have a 1:40pm tee time at The BOG Saturday and hope the 'skeeters' are not this relentless.....:(

Russ Jerome
08-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Bought some of this stuff yesterday and I must say it was nice to let the dog out this morning and not get mauled by mosquitoes in my own back yard.

good stuff :thumbsup

Who had it in stock then? Im out up and down HWY area like Menards, HD and Steins. We have a heavily wooded and moat not far off the property, stuff works great.....when its available!

badass88gt
08-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Not that it helps you but Menards in Wausau had about 8 bottles of it, I bought 2 of them plus one of those Thermacell things to try on the deck.

lilws6
08-08-2010, 07:05 PM
god i'm surprised i got my truck done that one night was horrible. They were so thick underneath the back of the truck i couldn't sit more then 5 sec. so i busted out the fan and blew those fuckers away lol. i've got a fogger down stairs but i don't know where to get the fog any more used to see it at true value. stuff worked great until it rains. probably similar to the above mentioned product. i couldn't even wash my truck with out getting mauled today!!

jakedrew
08-08-2010, 07:41 PM
therma cell works too. They even have it so you can hook it on your belt!.

pOrk
08-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Walmart Menards and Target in Tosa / Falls is sold out of all the mosquito repellent for grass / shrubs

Still looking, if anyone see's it let me know where. I don't want to drive out to Wausau...

flyin_blue_egg
08-08-2010, 09:10 PM
i went to the home depot in muckwanago and they had Ortho Max. My landlord used it on our yard awhile back and it worked great....he just never did it again so it wore off.

i never saw the cutter stuff everyones talking about so i just got this.

badass88gt
08-08-2010, 09:31 PM
I tried the Cutter stuff today, seemed to work decent, also set up the Thermocell out on the deck while we grilled out. It worked well but then after maybe an hour they were back, like it stopped working?

GTSLOW
08-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Ah I was gonna use the cutter stuff tonight but now we may get rain so it's been put off. Mosquito yard spray stuff is like gold now.

GTSLOW
08-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Just get the Mosquito Deleto :rolf

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/1885547116.html

badass88gt
08-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Hey Thermocell guys, how long does a pad last? I had it going for about an hour and it worked awesome but it seemed to lose power after an hour. Is this normal?

Moparjim
08-09-2010, 10:03 AM
They say 4 hours on them, I have used mine for around that before changing them and it seems to work fine that whole time. I haven't timed it very precisely, but yeah.

Moparjim
08-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Make sure it is still lit maybe? I have had mine mysteriously go out a few times, noticed the mosquitos were coming back and checked it and just relit it.