PDA

View Full Version : Who will win? Silva VS Sonnen

nismodave
08-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Who will win?

brotherbenn83
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I doubt it will happen, but someone's gotta pick the underdog.

Deggy
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I don't follow the ufc too close, but I'd love to see Silva get knocked the fuck out.

T-Bag
08-03-2010, 09:36 PM
This fight is going to be laughable at best. Sonnen is nowhere near in the league of Anderson Silva...infact nobody in the middleweight division comes close.

Silva by TKO 3rd round.

Lash
08-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Silva by submission

Sprayaway Fox
08-06-2010, 11:04 PM
I dont even watch the UFC. Only saw the Pre Game thing on Spike. Silva seems arrogant as hell but seems he calm and confident.

The Sunnen guy keeps saying hes gonna beat Silva like hes tryin to cover up that he knows he wont. (Like a fat kid on a BMX bike taking himself into a backflip)

I say round 2 KO by Silva.

Z28Envy
08-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Silva First round KO!

tommyt5078
08-07-2010, 04:16 PM
First 1:00 min. KO and Anderson wins.................But I wouldn't mind see that other guy win!!!!!

Lash
08-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Spoiler Below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome night of fights. After 4 rounds of getting GNP'd, Anderson sinks in a triangle choke to win it in the 5th round. Funny thing was that silva took WAY more punches than Sonnen, but by the look of Sonnen's face you'd think otherwise.

And Matt Hughes looked as good or better than I've ever seen him.

T-Bag
08-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Words cannot describe how pissed I am. I was worried with that much time left Anderson was going to pull something out of his ass. I think Sonnen tapped too soon...he obviously was in much better position a second after he tapped as he quit tapping instantly.

I thought that belt was finally going to change hands to freshen up the division. Nope...stuck with the same old boring shit.

Lash
08-08-2010, 12:43 AM
he obviously was in much better position a second after he tapped as he quit tapping instantly.

Thats because the ref pushed Andersons leg to free the choke. Go watch it again. ;)

The triangle choke was there the entire night. I don't know what made Anderson wait until the last 2:00 to attempt it. I think it was that he wanted to K.O. Sonnen so badly that he was passing on subs to try to get back to his feet. He was basically letting Chael punch him to attempt getting up.

Also... Sonnen must hit like a woman. He mus have punched Anderson 5,0000 times in the face but yet he was the one that left the cage with a bloody and swolen face.

I'd still rather have Anderson as champ than to listen to that douche bag talk meaningless shit before every fight.

GTSLOW
08-08-2010, 12:55 AM
The GTO will defeat the silvia........ oh wait wrong topic. :stare

T-Bag
08-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Thats because the ref pushed Andersons leg to free the choke. Go watch it again. ;)

The triangle choke was there the entire night. I don't know what made Anderson wait until the last 2:00 to attempt it. I think it was that he wanted to K.O. Sonnen so badly that he was passing on subs to try to get back to his feet. He was basically letting Chael punch him to attempt getting up.

Also... Sonnen must hit like a woman. He mus have punched Anderson 5,0000 times in the face but yet he was the one that left the cage with a bloody and swolen face.

I'd still rather have Anderson as champ than to listen to that douche bag talk meaningless shit before every fight.

I'll have to watch a replay if someone posts a video...but I could of swore I saw him just quit tapping and then the ref came in and broke it up.

You're right about his punches being complete weaksauce minus a few here and there. Anderson was composed and full of energy at the beginning of each round and showed hardly any damage.

I really wish Silva would quit being a shitdick and start learning more English...because I'd rather have Sonnen shitting down the throats of every opponent than listen to half assed portugese translations all the time.

Lash
08-08-2010, 01:26 AM
I think this explains it all....

Silva took Chael lightly and Chael gave it his all..
After watching the other MW fights, Chael knew what not to do and thats let anderson control the pace. Silva knew he wasn't going to lose, he just didnt know how he was going to win

Lash
08-08-2010, 01:34 AM
lol...

We've now seen everything. Sonnen dominated the entire fight, landing a CompuStrike record 289 Total Strikes vs. Silva. 270 of those 289 strikes were on the ground, as just under 21 minutes of the fight was fought on the ground. Silva was hit with just 208 total strikes in his previous 11 UFC fights combined
-www.compustike.com

http://i37.tinypic.com/2naivpg.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2z3ypsj.jpg

VroomPshhTsi
08-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Just saw the end of the fight video (on youtube but hard to find). Possible that the ref stopped it early, the "tap" was only once but looks like Silva's choke was in there good and the only reason it seemed like it was only in there a short time is because Silva stopped once he saw the ref go in to stop the fight. IMO yes he was tapping but it wasn't as obvious as most taps.

Good call by Lash above on the Silva by submission (surprised this wasn't an option in the poll).

Lash
08-08-2010, 03:01 PM
IMO yes he was tapping but it wasn't as obvious as most taps.

He did the same thing against Paulo Filho. It's become his trademark 'I didn't tap' move. :rolleyes:

Lash
08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Good call by Lash above on the Silva by submission (surprised this wasn't an option in the poll).

I figured a good portion of the fight would be on the ground because Sonnen is a wreastling beast. It's just that he has a serious lack of BJJ skills. I was suprised Anderson didn't attempt it earlier though.

Yooformula
08-08-2010, 03:06 PM
He did the same thing against Paulo Filho. It's become his trademark 'I didn't tap' move. :rolleyes:

amen. crappy move imo.