PDA

View Full Version : So i have a bad/ or soon to be bad Transmission bearing

SlowStee
07-06-2004, 11:33 AM
so heres the scoop,

I had a friend at a shop check out that noise i was hearing, and he said he definately thinks its an "output" or "input" bearing in the tranny thats bad, or is going bad......he gave some BS/TOLD YA SO idea of how my steel(stock) driveshaft could have caused this with the 3.73 gears.....so you guys tell me, are the replacement bearings expensive? he said its better to replace them all.........is this a hard job??.....someone help me out.......how much could this cost me.......he also said somethin about just doing a whole transmission rebuild which is over a grand or something, i ignored that part of what he said, because it seemed irrelevant right now :stare

........thanks in advance

Yooformula
07-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Just add some blinker fluid and you should be ok :goof

BAD LS1
07-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Maybe a muffler bearing? those might cause that type of racket :confused

SlowStee
07-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Maybe a muffler bearing? those might cause that type of racket :confused
muffler bearing??? he said its a bearing in the transmission

BAD LS1
07-06-2004, 03:03 PM
muffler bearing??? he said its a bearing in the transmission

HAHAHAH it was a joke like the blinker fluid thing :tomato

Syclone0044
07-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Dude you really need to get ahold of someone who knows WTF they are talking about, this guy sounds like he was on crack (no offense to your friend). I would not replace any parts until you get an intelligent analysis. Stock driveshaft with 3.73s being the source of the problem???? http://www.t6p.com/forums/images/smilies/joint.gif

SlowStee
07-09-2004, 10:15 PM
im not really friends with him at all, just someone i know ya know......:D

SlowStee
07-12-2004, 11:20 PM
still trying to find someone to look at my car if anyone wants to help me out :(

Syclone0044
07-13-2004, 05:08 PM
I wish I could help you out but I don't know much about transmissions. As a last resort you could take it to a shop, I have heard some good things about Kilpatrick's with respect to performance transmissions.