PDA

View Full Version : Need some tools

lilws6
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I should get the correct shims for my truck today. And i don't have all the right tools to get this done. my torque wrench doesn't go up to 300 foot lbs i don't have a needle or dial type in. lbs. torque wrench. the socket i used to get the pinion nut off is too big lol i need a 1/2" drive 1 7/16" 12pt socket. and well technically i need a bearing puller/installer for the pinion but hopping i can do with out. any one got an idea where i could pick these up sears doesn't have a 1/2 drive 1 7/16 socket. and i know torque wrenches can be expensive for a good set. any one got a hook up?

BoosTT
08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I should get the correct shims for my truck today. And i don't have all the right tools to get this done. my torque wrench doesn't go up to 300 foot lbs i don't have a needle or dial type in. lbs. torque wrench. the socket i used to get the pinion nut off is too big lol i need a 1/2" drive 1 7/16" 12pt socket. and well technically i need a bearing puller/installer for the pinion but hopping i can do with out. any one got an idea where i could pick these up sears doesn't have a 1/2 drive 1 7/16 socket. and i know torque wrenches can be expensive for a good set. any one got a hook up?

NorthernTool would have the socket. Not sure about the t-wrench though

HITMAN
08-03-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm right near you in Waterford. I'm sending you a PM with my cell #. Call me after 8pm and I'll see what I can hook you up with.

lilws6
08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
i didn't think of northern tool durr

lilws6
08-03-2010, 05:19 PM
well i got more time to work on this since again i got a wrong set of shims we'll see how this goes i'm sick of this already

HITMAN
08-04-2010, 01:53 AM
I checked tonight and the biggest socket I have is a 1 3/8" so if you need something bigger, I can't help you with that. Also checking my torque wrench, it only goes up to 250 ft/lbs. I guess I struck out twice. I do have an inch/lb tq wrench but it is a click style, so I don't know if that helps or not.