PDA

View Full Version : Autometer gauge

Slow5oh
08-03-2010, 12:44 AM
I bought my STi it came with an aftermarket autometer liquid filled boost gauge. I'm not sure what model it is. A couple days ago I thought the liquid level seemed odd and then noticed my dash was shiny. Turns out it's leaking at the bottom. Has this happened to anyone before? Think autometer would do anything about it? I think i could just seal around it with silicone but not sure. The gauge is pretty new yet.

BOSS LX
08-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Happened to me a few years back with a filled water temp gauge. Most likely you will just have to buy a new gauge.

Slow5oh
08-03-2010, 12:58 AM
guess I have an excuse to pick up the Defi gauges and center pod.

fivonut
08-03-2010, 01:04 AM
The model number is usually printed around the bottom edge of the face. Look for a 4 digit number. Contact Autometer, tell em your gauge started leaking. I had a problem with an electrical fuel pressure gauge that was 5 years old. They told me to send it in and they'd look at it. A couple weeks later I got a brand new gauge back.

Slow5oh
08-03-2010, 01:13 AM
nice that's what I was looking for I'm trying to hold off on the defi gauges as they are pricey so guess I'll give them a call tomorrow

SSLEVO
08-03-2010, 12:48 PM
nice that's what I was looking for I'm trying to hold off on the defi gauges as they are pricey so guess I'll give them a call tomorrow

look into the stri gauges, looks the same and half the price. I had them in my evo and they worked great.

Slow5oh
08-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah I was looking at them last night.

Going with fivO's response I called them up. He said to send it in and even if they have to replace the gauge instead of fix it it would be cheaper then buying a new one. Not sure if I really wanna go that route, he also didn't have any sort of price estimate either.