PDA

View Full Version : Holy shit! The net on a free fall ride at the Dells failed!

Yooformula
07-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Extreme world free fall drop, a 12yr old hit the ground without the netting stopping her at all. apparently they had the height setup wrong or failed to put it up! According to the video, its happened to several other amusement parks too. What a horrible way to die.

gut wrenching listening to the lady that tried to perform cpr on the little girl.
http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100730-bungee-accident,0,3466511.story

Yooformula
07-31-2010, 09:52 PM
damm reading the comments section is pretty bad. a bunch of witnesses say the operators raised the net THEN lowered it as she went to jump! the guy's sister said she is in serious condition and will most likely end up paralyzed from the neck down IF she lives.

Holeshot
07-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Saw this this morning. Poor lil kid. I hope she doesn't have to suffer as a quadriplegic.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-31-2010, 10:06 PM
just horrible. another reason for me not to try that

That_Guy
07-31-2010, 10:14 PM
What a mess... all you can do is pray for the best outcome.

nismodave
07-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Hence why I would never do any shit like that. These people running thrill rides like that, are teens that couldnt handle the pressure of the lunch rush at the local Taco Bell.

lordairgtar
08-01-2010, 12:13 AM
And it's being foreclosed. Ya think employees just didn't give a shit anymore?

Josepy
08-01-2010, 02:56 AM
who the fuck lets a 12 yr old do this anyway. i wouldnt even do that. why isnt there a big bag blown up under the net. bullshit

flyin_blue_egg
08-01-2010, 12:22 PM
like nismo said...that's why i never do shit like that...to much can go wrong. this could happen or a strap could break etc.

pOrk
08-01-2010, 12:52 PM
This makes me sick, for one why is a 12 year old allowed to do something like this and two why the hell didn't EVERY employee check over the ride to be sure it was set up properly for a 12 year old girl to fall. Unfuckingbelieveable...

jbiscuit
08-02-2010, 07:35 AM
really sad. But a quick look at the Dells overall shows lots of old rides etc. The Dells needs a really thorough updating & safety check overall. Plus all the foreigners that work at the parks don't give 2 sh1ts about your safety on these rides!

Ricky Bobby
08-02-2010, 07:55 AM
really sad. But a quick look at the dells overall shows lots of old rides etc. The dells needs a really thorough updating & safety check overall. Plus all the foreigners that work at the parks don't give 2 sh1ts about your safety on these rides!

qftmft

michelle
08-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Well there's a business I won't go to next month.

I hope the best for that little girl.

Extreme World's Website has a message on it now: http://www.extremeworld.com/

Yooformula
08-02-2010, 08:59 AM
I wonder if anyone had video of it for the cops to use. too many witnesses claim the net was taken down right before she jumped. this is a terrible display of gross negligence.

srt4eh
08-02-2010, 09:26 AM
when you jump from a plane you get a main chute and a reserve chute.....why isn't there a second net or something below the main net just in case?

Yooformula
08-02-2010, 09:55 AM
when you jump from a plane you get a main chute and a reserve chute.....why isn't there a second net or something below the main net just in case?

probably because the manufacturer didnt intend for the operator to intentionally lower the net. this isnt a case of the net failing but of the ride operator removing it.

WhatsADSM
08-02-2010, 10:05 AM
This is *just* a guess of mine and nothing more. But looking at the ride I would assume it works as follows:

1) Net is lowered so that the main tower can be lowered.
2) Main tower is lowered so that the person can get in the tower
3) Tower is raised
4) Net is raised
5) Person jumps.

So my only guess as to what happened, is that the little girl got up there safely and everything was going fine. Net was up all was ready to go, then maybe she got scared or something and the they decided she wouldn't do it and therefor lowered the net so that the tower could come down and the girl could get off. However once the net was lowered there was some miscommunication and they basically let the girl jump off at that point!

Purely speculative but that is the only reasoning I can think of as to how something like that would happen.

In any case it is a really sad sad tragedy. I hope the little girl is okay and can live her life reasonably well. I can only imagine how hard it must be for her and her family. :(

Yooformula
08-02-2010, 10:10 AM
/\ that would make sense.

juicedimpss
08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
prayers to the girl and family.

proves my thoughts about putting my life in the hands of a min. wage employee/carnee on those rides.