PDA

View Full Version : Purposely getting a ticket?

Prince Valiant
07-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Because of the sheer volume of stupid things people put on the nets, it's hard to say any one thing is actually "the dumbest thing I've ever seen..."

But this video merits strong consideration:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6PPyeK8ulcE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6PPyeK8ulcE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It's a little longer than it needs to be...but here's the gist. Two guys go out with the challenge of who can get a ticket first...with the idea of making it back to the shop by 6:30...that way they can't do anything too stupid so as to possibly end up arrested. A rather novel way of winning results...but stupid none-the-less.

Put it this way...driving by a cop at some 100+++ mph in a loud ass supercharged vette is pretty close to the dumbest thing one can do. But it is worth seeing.

British_Ben
07-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Stupid as it may be... That was pretty fricken' funny.

Yooformula
07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
buwhahahaha. awesome the cop let off the SLR to chase down the vette.

GTSLOW
07-30-2010, 05:03 PM
That was funny shit!

1997 Trans-Am
07-30-2010, 05:51 PM
"Todays your lucky day!" ahaha

I wanna see the rest of it

Cryptic
07-31-2010, 12:31 AM
I say the whole thing was setup

hrsp
07-31-2010, 01:20 AM
if its real i wanna see what the cop says...

srt4eh
07-31-2010, 12:38 PM
haha....if its real I bet the cop was super pissed when he pulled over the vette

Prince Valiant
08-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I do consider the possibility it was a set-up. Not that state or county guys exclusively patrol the hwy's nationwide, but how often do you really see cars marked "Police" patrolling interstates? It happens, but it's not most common thing in the world. Most times it's "State Trooper" or "Sheriff" on the car. Not familiar enough with Jersey to know what their hwy patrol situation is.

But then again, I'm not so sure ANY officer would really risk the possibility of serious repercussions by getting caught participating in a video like this...why risk loosing their job? Plus, how does one otherwise fake being a police officer and then risk getting caught out on the open road? Given that, I'm inclined to believe it's real...

STANMAN
08-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I do consider the possibility it was a set-up. Not that state or county guys exclusively patrol the hwy's nationwide, but how often do you really see cars marked "Police" patrolling interstates? It happens, but it's not most common thing in the world. Most times it's "State Trooper" or "Sheriff" on the car. Not familiar enough with Jersey to know what their hwy patrol situation is.

But then again, I'm not so sure ANY officer would really risk the possibility of serious repercussions by getting caught participating in a video like this...why risk loosing their job? Plus, how does one otherwise fake being a police officer and then risk getting caught out on the open road? Given that, I'm inclined to believe it's real...

Menomonee Falls cops are always clocking on 45. It's rare, but does happen.

0TransAm0
08-01-2010, 07:15 PM
i see marked cars ALL the time on the interstate...

GTSLOW
08-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen a police car on the interstate or freeway. I do lots of highway driving too and it's 70% state patrol and 30% sheriffs. Now enter milwaukee county and it's like 70% milwaukee county and 30% state patrol.

Prince Valiant
08-01-2010, 07:37 PM
i see marked cars ALL the time on the interstate...
well, marked...yes. If they are patrolling it's likely marked "sheriff" or "state trooper"

But police in wisconsin rarely patrol interstate. They'll transport on the interstate.

As bob mentioned, some spots such as menomonee falls, yes, the PD does patrol it with frequency.

0TransAm0
08-01-2010, 08:18 PM
well, marked...yes. If they are patrolling it's likely marked "sheriff" or "state trooper"

But police in wisconsin rarely patrol interstate. They'll transport on the interstate.

As bob mentioned, some spots such as menomonee falls, yes, the PD does patrol it with frequency.

i see a lot of the local police up north like north of greenbay. on my way to the cabin in Florance wi. once you get north of greenbay its usually the local police patrolling there little section of interstate...of course i see the state troopers and sheriffs as well but more often its the locals. hell in Florance there sheriff is cruising around town on a 4wheeler..