PDA

View Full Version : Any lakes still allow wakes?

BoosTT
07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Its effing hot outside. I want to drop my jet ski in the water and cool down. Do any area lakes allow wakes? Most by me are no wake, due to high water.

DirtyMax
07-27-2010, 03:09 PM
If you have a wetsuit, Lake Michigan should be fun and refreshing!

xxtremeteam
07-27-2010, 03:11 PM
when we had jet skis Lake Michigan was the only place we would go probly even ok without a wetsuit

0TransAm0
07-27-2010, 03:17 PM
lake Michigan. water temp is in the 60's

xxtremeteam
07-27-2010, 03:20 PM
dont stay in the water for hours on end

jbiscuit
07-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Turd lake just don't mind the stink

TheRX7Project
07-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Don't drink the stink! LOL

T-Bag
07-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Little muskego had a wake as of sunday and nagawicka

Goat Roper
07-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes, I have been going into Lake Michigan since late April without a wet suit, to do so now you would just cook.

DirtyMax
07-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes, I have been going into Lake Michigan since late April without a wet suit, to do so now you would just cook.

But you're only one level below Chuck Norris and the Old Spice dude... :goof

Goat Roper
07-27-2010, 06:05 PM
"Swan dive...into Milwaukee's waste water"

lordairgtar
07-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Chuck Norris can jet ski without the jet ski. If he did that in Lake Michigan, his just being there would purify the water.

Al
07-27-2010, 09:46 PM
But you're only one level below Chuck Norris and the Old Spice dude... :goof

What about the Dos Equis guy? Or is he just interesting?

SLOWC5
07-28-2010, 06:56 AM
Nag was closed according to the police at 9:00pm saturday night, I was there sunday and he came through the sand bar to all the anchored boats to inform us of the slow no wake. All while we watched the rest of the lake tearing it up...

I know Okauchee supposed to stay slow no wake through the weekend cause of the Tie up. Along with not allowing anyone to launch on saturday for the tie up.

HITMAN
07-28-2010, 11:50 AM
MMSD has dumped in excess of 2.5 BILLION GALLONS of untreated sewage in to Lake Michigan in the last couple of weeks. Wet suit? I wouldn't go in that cess pool of a lake with anything less than full HazMat gear.

Dr.Buick
07-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Big Ceder still has a wake. :banana1:

WhatsADSM
07-28-2010, 02:04 PM
MMSD has dumped in excess of 2.5 BILLION GALLONS of untreated sewage in to Lake Michigan in the last couple of weeks. Wet suit? I wouldn't go in that cess pool of a lake with anything less than full HazMat gear.

True. Just as a small note here I do want to point something out.

The media/public LOVES drama and those numbers are a little misleading. The VAST majority of the "sewage" is rain water. When rain hits the ground it goes into the sewer system. The amount of rain that falls in a storm is orders of magnitude greater than the amount of waste that is flushed down a toilet.

... With that said it is still gross. I sure wouldn't want to be jet skiing around the MMSD overflow pipes. :rolf

1997 Trans-Am
07-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Lake Michigan temps arent too bad. Mid 60's. I swam in it a few times this year in the Cudhay area. Last week was a little gross so we didnt stay in too long.

TheRX7Project
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I really don't get what the big deal is, before we took over the indians used to shit in that lake all the time and they BATHED in it and DRANK from it directly. Our bodies just aren't immune to things like they used to be... all this "hand sanitizer" and "antibacterial soap" and "wash your hands before you eat."

I want my immune system to say "fuck you" to anything it comes across, not run like a pansy when I come in contact with a cold.

BoosTT
07-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I don't want to sniff turds on my boat though

lilws6
07-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Tichigan here by me has had boats and ski's on it all week so far as i know its open!

HITMAN
07-29-2010, 01:19 AM
I really don't get what the big deal is, before we took over the Indians used to shit in that lake all the time and they BATHED in it and DRANK from it directly. Our bodies just aren't immune to things like they used to be... all this "hand sanitizer" and "antibacterial soap" and "wash your hands before you eat."

I want my immune system to say "fuck you" to anything it comes across, not run like a pansy when I come in contact with a cold.

:rolf :rolleyes:

Right. There were how many Indians living around here back then? If you took every Indian from every tribe in the whole country there probably weren't more than a million. And they weren't all using the the Milwaukee county shore as their toilet. Besides that, most of what made into the lake would have done it as run off. It's doubtful anyone ever really shit directly into the lake. Also, back then life expectancy was was probably around 40 years give or take.

You want to go back to the good ol' days, be my guest. Please, by all means, go right on down to the nearest beach and have yourself a nice big glass of yummy lake water. I'm sure your immune system will appreciate it. :durr

T-Bag
07-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Tichigan here by me has had boats and ski's on it all week so far as i know its open!

Forgot about Tichigan...I was supposed to go there Saturday because it was one of the only lakes open

TheRX7Project
07-29-2010, 07:54 AM
:rolf :rolleyes:

Right. There were how many Indians living around here back then? If you took every Indian from every tribe in the whole country there probably weren't more than a million. And they weren't all using the the Milwaukee county shore as their toilet. Besides that, most of what made into the lake would have done it as run off. It's doubtful anyone ever really shit directly into the lake. Also, back then life expectancy was was probably around 40 years give or take.

You want to go back to the good ol' days, be my guest. Please, by all means, go right on down to the nearest beach and have yourself a nice big glass of yummy lake water. I'm sure your immune system will appreciate it. :durr

Thank you for taking my post seriously.

HITMAN
07-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Thank you for taking my post seriously.

Really? How am I supposed to differentiate your post as sarcasm from all of the other truly stupid shit that gets posted here a thousand times a day?

lilws6
07-29-2010, 07:19 PM
yea they been ripping around alot this week!

TheRX7Project
07-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Really? How am I supposed to differentiate your post as sarcasm from all of the other truly stupid shit that gets posted here a thousand times a day?

Fair enough.