PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Dream Cruise.

STANMAN
07-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Anyone planning on going? I plan on leaving the 19th, am willing to caravan if anyone else is thinking of heading out. Also have a few places to crash if anyone wants to avoid lodging costs.

Car Guy
07-27-2010, 05:29 PM
I planned on going but might not be able to now, will know for sure in a few days.....

Burgandy85SS
07-27-2010, 06:14 PM
I was talking about it too but not sure antmore. Never been there but heard it was pretty cool.

Car Guy
07-27-2010, 06:29 PM
I was talking about it too but not sure antmore. Never been there but heard it was pretty cool.

Chris we should drive the Trofeo there......:drool:

Burgandy85SS
07-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Chris we should drive the Trofeo there......:drool:

Oh yea i still own that thing. Id take the Monte up there.

Poncho
07-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Have you ever gone to it before, Bob? It's a really nice time, though the roads are quite busy. I went a few years back, and it's easily one of the most memorable weekends in my life, just so picturesque to see all those cars actually on the road and seeing all the racing that goes on.

michelle
07-29-2010, 05:58 PM
the state of wisconsin will be a prettier place

Step 1: Click Here (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/member.php?u=2443)
Step 2: Click on "User Lists"
Step 3: Click on "Add to Ignore List"
Step 4: Pour yourself a shot of something tasty

Win, win.

ricksws7
07-29-2010, 06:27 PM
The dream cruise on woodward ave in michigan is aug. 20-22 if that is what you are going to.Rick

STANMAN
07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
The dream cruise on woodward ave in michigan is aug. 20-22 if that is what you are going to.Rick

Those are the "official" days, but it starts the week before. It's awesome, they actually have a local TV station that plays live footage 24/7 that whole week.

And yes, I have been there quiet a few years, I have relatives that live in the area. One actually works at the Flat Rock plant that builds Mustangs (and Mazda 6's).

ricksws7
07-29-2010, 08:07 PM
They changed the date this year. Ihave gone the past 6 years on Sat. before the nascar race on Sun. The year it is a week later so I will not be there. Nascar race is Sun 15th,cruise Sat. 21. Rick

jbiscuit
07-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Found out a couple guys I know through work will be out there in a Procharged 63 Galaxie. They have been hustling to get the car done for a big car show out there and the Cruise so keep a look out! They are good guys from Burlington so say hi

STANMAN
07-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Found out a couple guys I know through work will be out there in a Procharged 63 Galaxie. They have been hustling to get the car done for a big car show out there and the Cruise so keep a look out! They are good guys from Burlington so say hi

What color? Whenever I see WI plates I try to chat, always good to see neighbors out there:thumbsup

jbiscuit
07-30-2010, 06:21 AM
White, vintage Fenton wheels up front and steelies with slicks on the back. The car is super cool and everything brand new on it! They'll probably be with another car too...a 57 Ford truck

Reverend Cooper
08-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Step 1: Click Here (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/member.php?u=2443)
Step 2: Click on "User Lists"
Step 3: Click on "Add to Ignore List"
Step 4: Pour yourself a shot of something tasty

Win, win.

Tee hee hee:rolf

Car Guy
08-01-2010, 09:06 AM
I am starting a new job August 9th and will not be able to attend this year. Maybe next year if I decide to come back to Milwaukee for the summer.....:D

STANMAN
08-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Planning on picking up some Windy City Stang people along the way, and they are leaving around 11ish, so departure time from WI will be 9ish. Would love to caravan if anyone is interested. Went with Shaun, Jason and Greg last year, some good shenanigans right when we got out of Chi-town with a Lambo. Good times:thumbsup

1320PNY
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Not to mention I got a pass from an officer in Pontiac. Bounced the car off the rev limiter in 1st at least 11 times doing a block long burner and all he said was "Don't do that again!" and walked away. Was a great time!

There is video on my YouTube site: 1320PNY

Can't make it this year.

STANMAN
08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Not to mention I got a pass from an officer in Pontiac. Bounced the car off the rev limiter in 1st at least 11 times doing a block long burner and all he said was "Don't do that again!" and walked away. Was a great time!

There is video on my YouTube site: 1320PNY

Can't make it this year.

Pontiac is where all the "fun" stuff happens. Gotta love cops who can enjoy the car scene for what it is. They only get shitty if someone is really doing something unsafe, otherwise they literally sit back and watch the cruise just like everyone else:thumbsup

Daytonapacecar959
08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Pontiac is where all the "fun" stuff happens. Gotta love cops who can enjoy the car scene for what it is. They only get shitty if someone is really doing something unsafe, otherwise they literally sit back and watch the cruise just like everyone else:thumbsup

Oh ya the loop up in Pontiac is where the action is,and Royal Oak.Cops were always cool about burnouts.The last time i was there 03 or 04( what ever year was the big black out on the east coast)