PDA

View Full Version : when cops run your plate...and other cop questions...

hrsp
07-26-2010, 12:01 AM
First off, please dont make this thread a war about auto insurance!!!!

1)ok so when a cop gets behind you and runs your plate does it come up on there computer if your car is insured or not?

2)if you get pulled over with no insurance do they let you drive away or do they tow it?

3) if pulled over for minor traffic violation when can an officer search you and your car?

4) if your car gets towed for whatever reason are the police allowed to search the vehicle when its inpounded?

5)if you get a script from your doctor or dentist and you dont use all of what they gave you, how long can you legally have it in your possession? and if you do have a valid script but they aren't in the proper container can you get in trouble? if so how much?

Thanks in advance!!! (and no i didnt get pulled over with no insurance and have my car searched where they found pills in the car....hahahahaha

TheRX7Project
07-26-2010, 04:55 AM
1) No
2) I am pretty sure you get to drive away, you just get a $500 fine
3) When there is "probable cause" or you give them permission
4) Is a very good question...
5) This would depend on if the drug is scheduled or not- a narcotic is allowed to be in your possession for up to 6 months after it was written. As for in the proper bottle, you would have to be a retard to be carrying drugs on your person in the wrong bottle, and you would probably be hit with a possession charge and have said drugs confiscated.

03Seville
07-26-2010, 05:04 AM
4) From what I've heard, they can search it as long as it's in their impound. (someone plz correct me if Im wrong.)

outlawgibbs
07-26-2010, 07:04 AM
2) Its $200 for the first offense(atleast if your on a bike, it may be more for a car but I dont see how)
4) They can only search your car if you give them permission or they arrest you.

03Seville
07-26-2010, 08:11 AM
2)
4) They can only search your car if you give them permission or they arrest you.

Thats in the scenario that you are pulled over but I thought that if the car was in their impound lot, since they are respponsible for the vehicle they have the right to search it.

GTSLOW
07-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Sounds like someone's got a nice stack of tickets?

Driving without insurance and possesion of a controlled substance?

:goof

Cryptic
07-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Sounds like someone's got a nice stack of tickets?

Driving without insurance and possession of a controlled substance?

x2

BR3W CITY
07-26-2010, 09:46 AM
3) if pulled over for minor traffic violation when can an officer search you and your car?

5)if you get a script from your doctor or dentist and you dont use all of what they gave you, how long can you legally have it in your possession? and if you do have a valid script but they aren't in the proper container can you get in trouble? if so how much?

For #3, I believe they can search the cabin of the vehicle without permissions, but must obtain permission to search the glovebox and trunk. Im not 100% sure where the line is drawn

For #5, if you have it in the wrong container, you could probably obtain a copy of the rx from your doc and get it cleared in court. If its WAY after the rx date, you probably have more explaining to do for the court.

hrsp
07-26-2010, 10:25 AM
another question...

if the police officer pulls you offer because ( there have been alot of reports of stolen cars in the area) can he ask you to step out of the car and search you and your passenger?

and if the driver of the vehicle is legal can they still request the passengers id's? and do they have to present them to the officer?

flyin_blue_egg
07-26-2010, 10:30 AM
^^^a officer has the right to request ID from ANYONE in a car that he/she pulls over. And said persons must produce ID, no questions asked. That's how a lot of guys that have warrants get caught.

Smokey1226
07-26-2010, 11:17 AM
^^^a officer has the right to request ID from ANYONE in a car that he/she pulls over. And said persons must produce ID, no questions asked. That's how a lot of guys that have warrants get caught.
x2 that happened to a car that got pulled over in our parking lot. lol pwned

tommyt5078
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM

1)ok so when a cop gets behind you and runs your plate does it come up on there computer if your car is insured or not?

If for some reason number five happened to you or someone you know, you better hope that number one above was the reason for a pull over, because you cant be pulled over for this, if not and the pull over was legal and number five happened someone is going to jail!!!!!

Mr Twigbert
07-26-2010, 12:50 PM
I will post on this when I get home. Some responses are just plain wrong. Too much typing to do from phone.

On another note, I am at training to be a Breath Examiner Specalist and part of training is to get legally drunk. So I am getting served free Brandy as I type this and getting paid. =)

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Fantastic

70 cutlass 442
07-26-2010, 01:34 PM
3) If i recall, (Twig, please correct me if i am wrong) Probable cause does not automatically give the officer permission to search your car... probable cause is what is needed to obtain a warrant. WI is one of several states that can do "phone warrants" where the officer obtains probable cause, then calls to a judge and the judge approves it over the phone. If something is in plain view, then all bets are off obviously... and I thought there was something that allowed them to search within reach of the drivers area.... not sure on that part though.

As far as searching a person it is different, an officer can search a person at any point for the officers own safety... refer to Terri Vs. Ohio 1969 for more info on that.... hence a terri stop.

Silver350
07-26-2010, 02:53 PM
I will post on this when I get home. Some responses are just plain wrong. Too much typing to do from phone.

On another note, I am at training to be a Breath Examiner Specalist and part of training is to get legally drunk. So I am getting served free Brandy as I type this and getting paid. =)

Great then he is going to come home and start drunk posting.

xxsn0blindxx
07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
You can refer to Mr. Twigbert's post here (http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?p=648140#post648140) for information regarding the legality of a vehicle search. I believe somwhere else in that thread he said that your passenger does not have to provide ID unless they are doing something illegal.

hrsp
07-26-2010, 03:25 PM

I would appreciate that!! (i ask cuz everyone says something different!)

AND NO NONE OF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME...thanks for the concern though!

GTSLOW
07-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I would appreciate that!! (i ask cuz everyone says something different!)

AND NO NONE OF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME...thanks for the concern though!

Hey it's BCM we're not here to judge anyone :goof :goof

hrsp
07-26-2010, 07:32 PM
OMG if i didnt jinx myself!!!!

Got pulled over today on hwy 41 for NO SEATBELT! lol

pjturkey
07-26-2010, 11:32 PM
another question...

if the police officer pulls you offer because ( there have been alot of reports of stolen cars in the area) can he ask you to step out of the car and search you and your passenger?

and if the driver of the vehicle is legal can they still request the passengers id's? and do they have to present them to the officer?

Pulling you over because "there have been stolen cars in the area" sounds like the cop made up a gay excuse (as usual). Hell, my friend ran out just in time to see his car driving off (getting stolen) and it took them 45 minutes to just show up at the house.....that was pretty lame.

A good, slimey lawyer could probably figure out a way to fight the "Pappa Charlie" of the stop.

Mr Twigbert
07-27-2010, 07:07 AM

No..

But I have seen it where it list's it when you run a person's name.. I think this is put into place when someone is required to have SR22 insurance..

2)if you get pulled over with no insurance do they let you drive away or do they tow it?

I'm not sure.... Yet.... When the state law passed the City of Milwaukee did not have a city ordinance in place yet.. We can how ever arrest someone, take me to jail for the night and write up a STATE charge and send it down to the DA's office but that cop would get laughed out of the office..

So time will tell when the city comes out w/ an ordinance.. However, I suspect it will just be a fine.. But that is just the City of Milwaukee.. I suppose each and every city can make up their own city ordinance.. So you might be good here but get your chit towed in Germantown..

Can search a car when:
1) Contsent
2) Inventory search (department policy that we have to search a car when towing it.. Unless locked.. Then we just document that)..
3) Incident to arrest.. Can only search a car when there is reason to suspect there is evidence or an object of the crime as a result of the arrest.. (Example: Arrest for a warrant.. Can NOT search the car for narcotics.. The arrest was for a warrant and there is NO reason to suspect there is anything else in the car.. Example #2: Armed robbery just occurres.. Subject is arrested.. CAN search the car because one can suspect the weapon is in the car) Understand?

Can search you:
1) Consent
2) Incident to arrest

Can conduct a 'Pat down':
1) Consent
2) Officer can articulate that he had reason to fear for his safety or that person might have a weapon (easy to articulate in Milwaukee.. LOTS of people have been arrested for a gun violation on just about every street)..

4) if your car gets towed for whatever reason are the police allowed to search the vehicle when its inpounded?

Yes.. Department policy says we MUST conduct an inventory search for expensive items and place them on inventory..

This is gray area..

I don't know of any law that says you have to use your script with in a certain time..

I don't know of any law that says you can't put your script in a different containter (I know I have used plastic bags when don't want to take the whole bottle).. But you do have some explaining to do if stopped.. I suppose you could even get arrested but the charges later dropped when you can prove they were from your script..

Thanks in advance!!! (and no i didnt get pulled over with no insurance and have my car searched where they found pills in the car....hahahahaha

another question...

Yes, can ask you to get out of the car..

No, can't search you..

But, if articualted he/she may conduct a pat down for weapons..

If the passenger is in violation (no seatbelt, open container) then the officer can demand it and the person has to..

If no violation the passenger does not have to present any identification..

animal
07-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey it's BCM we're not here to judge anyone :goof :goof

The hell we're not :devil :alcoholic

HY35F2T
07-27-2010, 07:14 AM
SO say im with a buddy and he gets pulled over and im wearing my seat belt no beer or joint in my hands.Officer ask for my id i dont have too?

lit666
07-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Seems to me that to many people on this board are trying to be hard asses.. whats the problem with giving the officer your ID.. So what if he asks for your ID. Why are you tying to be a hard ass and say no? Sounds to me that people are just trying to be douches and trying to provoke the police. If thats the case I hope you don't make a sudden move after being a douche and get shot because you thought you were a tuff guy.

TheRX7Project
07-27-2010, 07:48 AM
^ I agree. Unless you feel like something is "wrong" (i.e. the cop pulls his cock out and tells you it's a breathalyzer) why is it so damn hard to just cooperate? I've gotten out of my share of tickets simply by not being an asshole.

Rocket Power
07-27-2010, 08:39 AM
seems to me that to many people on this board are trying to be hard asses.. Whats the problem with giving the officer your id.. So what if he asks for your id. Why are you tying to be a hard ass and say no? Sounds to me that people are just trying to be douches and trying to provoke the police. If thats the case i hope you don't make a sudden move after being a douche and get shot because you thought you were a tuff guy.
qft

70 cutlass 442
07-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Seems to me that to many people on this board are trying to be hard asses.. whats the problem with giving the officer your ID.. So what if he asks for your ID. Why are you tying to be a hard ass and say no? Sounds to me that people are just trying to be douches and trying to provoke the police. If thats the case I hope you don't make a sudden move after being a douche and get shot because you thought you were a tuff guy.

x 3 Play by the rules and you have nothing to worry about, if a cop wants to search my car, I have always let them ( with the exception of one time) If I am a passenger in a car that gets stopped, I pull my ID out to hand to the officer without even being asked for it... speeds up the process and eliminates that 16 year old mentality of "I know my rights" which most of the time the rights you think you know are dead wrong.

2000navyz
07-27-2010, 11:21 AM
shit, ive been pulled over so many times i have the routine down. shut the car off,keys on t-top, id out, insurance card out. be polite and honest as possible (usually). the keys on top of the car started after i had a gun pulled on my by an off duty lt. in waukesha...thats a whole nother story.

tommyt5078
07-27-2010, 11:49 AM

Once the officer ask for your id he's is being the hard ass, not you, seeing you didn't do anything wrong you don't have to it's the law. Not trying to be tuff, just doing what would be expected, if I did something wrong and was asked for id and you don't give it, then your being an ass, everyone sees thing different, and I wouldn't give my id unless I did something wrong, the laws go both ways.

Once your rights have been violated you might see things different, mine were and I see thing in a different light.

lit666
07-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Once the officer ask for your id he's is being the hard ass, not you, seeing you didn't do anything wrong you don't have to it's the law. Not trying to be tuff, just doing what would be expected, if I did something wrong and was asked for id and you don't give it, then your being an ass, everyone sees thing different, and I wouldn't give my id unless I did something wrong, the laws go both ways.

Once your rights have been violated you might see things different, mine were and I see thing in a different light.

Then you're being an idiot, plain and simple and thats how I see it. If an officer asks for ID it's because he wants to make sure you are who you say you are. It's why they put photos on them. Hence why they are called IDENTIFICATION CARDS or a form of IDENTIFICATION. Officers also use them to make sure that you aren't wanted for any major crime.

Hence I would hate for your child to be playing outside and have a pedofile that has some arrest warrants come up to him or her and make a playtoy out of them.. You know the pedofile that refused to give his ID because he was the passenger of a vehicle that was pulled over for a minor violation.

Ricky Bobby
07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
when i was younger i got pulled over was being polite and gave my id and all that jazz, they then ask to search my car for whatever reason i dont remeber, all i do recall is that they trashed the inside of my car pulled everything out and threw it around the car, also same with trunk. So you can get the ID and being polite stuff but no ones searching my car again unless i commited some crime and warrants u to search my shit. Also after asking the cops what i did to have them searching my car they both said u looked like some punks i arrested last week :fire

granted this is back in 99 but still pisses someone off :durr

most cops i encounter now though bein older are cool and laid back

xxsn0blindxx
07-27-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm somewhere in the middle on this one. If you aren't legally obligated to let a police officer search your car or see your ID then the officer shouldn't ask. You're kind of obligated to say yes for fear of looking suspicious, so you give up your right to privacy to make things go smoothly. On the other hand if you aren't doing anything wrong or haven't done anything wrong then you have no reason to not consent other than the principal of your privacy and rights, which is not a matter that should be taken lightly.

When I was in high school I was pulled over in my own neighborhood for driving a "suspicious vehicle". I let the cop search me and my car because I had nothing to hide. They asked to follow me back home which I consented to and when we got there he pulled out a bag from my car that had some brake hose and some fittings leftover from a ghetto brake line repair and told my parents that they could be used for smoking pot and that there was a green leafy substance in the bag. The substance was literally a few blades of grass. He also said that it was buried under the seats implying I was hiding something. So in the end because I consented to an unnecessary search I was treated like a criminal.

hrsp
07-27-2010, 07:35 PM

my questions have nothing to do with being a "hard ass"...just some things that i was talking about with a bunch of guys and like i said everyone had different answers so i brought it here to get more answers and i remembered we have some police officers on the board who are very helpful.

as far as your comment about being shot for making a sudden move because you thought you were a tuff guy is FUCKING IGNORANT...and shows that your trying to be a douche with that comment...:rolleyes:

70 cutlass 442
07-27-2010, 08:35 PM

you are a moron... officers are just doing their job. LIT said it best.

my questions have nothing to do with being a "hard ass"...just some things that i was talking about with a bunch of guys and like i said everyone had different answers so i brought it here to get more answers and i remembered we have some police officers on the board who are very helpful.

as far as your comment about being shot for making a sudden move because you thought you were a tuff guy is FUCKING IGNORANT...and shows that your trying to be a douche with that comment...:rolleyes:

Ignorant or not, its the truth. Get some rookie cop thats on edge and make a fast move.... justified or not, it could get you shot... it has happened in the past.... And the way you worded the initial question made it sound like you were curious for a particular reason... most people ask those questions after a traffic stop didnt go their way or something along that line... so maybe a few of us jumped to conclusion, but id defiantly seemed like you asked for a particular reason.

kirks5oh
07-27-2010, 09:25 PM
1) no reason to have narcotic pain medication that is over 6 months from the prescribed date-----EVER

2) no reason to have narcotic pain medication that is not prescribed to you----EVER

3) no reason to have narcotic pain medication in an unmarked bottle----EVER

pretty cut-and-dry rules listed above.

hrsp
07-28-2010, 12:15 AM
you are a moron... officers are just doing their job. LIT said it best.

Ignorant or not, its the truth. Get some rookie cop thats on edge and make a fast move.... justified or not, it could get you shot... it has happened in the past.... And the way you worded the initial question made it sound like you were curious for a particular reason... most people ask those questions after a traffic stop didnt go their way or something along that line... so maybe a few of us jumped to conclusion, but id defiantly seemed like you asked for a particular reason.

Would it matter if i was asking for any reason? That has nothing to do with the fact i had some questions that i posted for people to answer. Not for people to assume i asked them because any of the questions pertain to my life. I could care less what people who dont know me think.... the people that i have met from the board and have done business with would tell you im an alright guy in person...

Anyhow... Thanks again to those who helped!

70 cutlass 442
07-28-2010, 03:45 PM
/\/\ Sorry, I just figured the normal person doesn't come up with these questions over tea and crumpets with the guys.

TheRX7Project
07-28-2010, 04:31 PM
3) no reason to have narcotic pain medication in an unmarked bottle----EVER
Actually this is not necessarily true. Not to mention that just because it's a narcotic does not make it a pain medication, for instance I have a script for Ambien and I wouldn't take the whole bottle with me places. Not to mention what about grandma who has to keep her pills straight so she has one of those daily pill dispenser things.

I guess I can see where you might not have your pills in a prescription bottle- but you better be able to produce some kind of proof that they are in fact your pills and you are supposed to have them.

srt4eh
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm on like 3 different drugs right now and I'm definitely not going to carry all 3 bottles with me so I take a small pill carrier with me with exactly the doses I need for the day. Anyways...with the id thing - if you haven't done anything wrong then why not just show them the id and save yourself any possible issue.

Also - if a police officer asks to search your vehicle and you say no....what happens? I have nothing to hide but don't want my stuff trashed

03Seville
07-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Attitude greatly depends on the situation, when I got pulled over in West Allis a couple months ago I was nothing but polite and cooperative with him because I was speeding and deserved to be pulled over.

But then again the entire time I lived in the Dells I was pulled over constantly for random idiotic things so eventually I stopped letting them search my car,(I never had anything illegal) and still to this day when ever I go to the Dells I get pulled over by one of the officers that knows me.

Im sorry but if Im pulled over for a deserving reason I will let the cop do as he please to show my innocence but if Im getting pulled over because my air freshener is an obstruction of view or for any of the other dumb reasons than they can kiss my ass...

kirks5oh
07-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Actually this is not necessarily true. Not to mention that just because it's a narcotic does not make it a pain medication, for instance I have a script for Ambien and I wouldn't take the whole bottle with me places. Not to mention what about grandma who has to keep her pills straight so she has one of those daily pill dispenser things.

I guess I can see where you might not have your pills in a prescription bottle- but you better be able to produce some kind of proof that they are in fact your pills and you are supposed to have them.

my statement stands buddy. narcotic pain medication should not be stored in an unlabeled container---ever. you can store all other pills in a weekly pill divider (blood pressure meds, diabetic meds, sleeping pills--which is what ambien is--it is not a narcotic by the way, etc). narcotic pain medications include, but are not limited to:

darvocet (propoxyphene), lortab (vicodin, anexsia, hydrocodone), tylenol #3, percocet (oxycodone), dilaudid, oxycontin, demerol, morphine, methadone, and several others. those should remain in a labeled bottle--period.

ambien is a sleep aid. it is not a narcotic

xxsn0blindxx
07-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Is it illegal to store prescribed narcotics in a container other than the one given by the pharmacy? If not, then you shouldn't be hassled for it. You should however be prepared to prove that it was prescribed. Of course if it is illegal (I doubt it) then like anything else, don't break the law.

I very much respect law enforcement officers and appreciate what they do, however people shouldn't have to give up their personal freedoms and privacy over things that aren't law, even if they are as asinine as keeping pills in the prescription bottle and showing ID when it isn't necessary. If you don't legally have to do something then why should it matter if you don't?

Slow Joe
07-28-2010, 11:58 PM
But then again the entire time I lived in the Dells I was pulled over constantly for random idiotic things so eventually I stopped letting them search my car,(I never had anything illegal) and still to this day when ever I go to the Dells I get pulled over by one of the officers that knows me.

I hate dells cops... First time I was ever pulled over it was by a dells cop... I made "an illegal u turn", which actually was a 3 point turn off the main drag on a side road. And I did a correct 3 point turn.

Cop took my DL, told me that I wasn't me.
Searched my car (with my consent, I had nothing to hide), told me that I was running with a stolen car since I had clothes in it (we were on vacation), a broken cell phone (which I dropped earlier that day) and I wasn't who I said I was plus it wasn't registered to me (it was registered to my dad since I was 16).
Told me they were going to arrest me, and I'd sit in jail overnight.
Went as far as pulling out their cuffs.
Then they called my Dad, and it all was straightened out.

Officer Blood, you're a dousche.

03Seville
07-29-2010, 12:47 AM
I hate dells cops... First time I was ever pulled over it was by a dells cop... I made "an illegal u turn", which actually was a 3 point turn off the main drag on a side road. And I did a correct 3 point turn.

Cop took my DL, told me that I wasn't me.
Searched my car (with my consent, I had nothing to hide), told me that I was running with a stolen car since I had clothes in it (we were on vacation), a broken cell phone (which I dropped earlier that day) and I wasn't who I said I was plus it wasn't registered to me (it was registered to my dad since I was 16).
Told me they were going to arrest me, and I'd sit in jail overnight.
Went as far as pulling out their cuffs.
Then they called my Dad, and it all was straightened out.

Officer Blood, you're a dousche.

Yeah I was there a couple weeks ago and got pulled over for my tint on the Caddy, (which is understandable) the problem was they had 3 cops their to stop me and block me and then they didnt even know the law for window tinting... they told me my side windows were legal and my back window would be too if I were to spray it with a flat spray to reduce glare..(all my windows are 20%) lol

70 cutlass 442
07-29-2010, 02:50 PM
What you guys are forgetting is the Dells see a ton of out of town traffic... there are plenty of people that pass through there that have warrants, drugs, underage alcohol, stolen items ect.... yes it may be a bit excessive... but they are looking to make traffic stops to do an investigation... they get their reasonable suspicion, they stop you, and god forbid they do a thorough investigation which may involve a search after given consent... but look at where they are coming from.

Ricky Bobby
07-29-2010, 03:36 PM
still no reason for them to act like a bunch of tools

03Seville
07-29-2010, 04:21 PM
What you guys are forgetting is the Dells see a ton of out of town traffic... there are plenty of people that pass through there that have warrants, drugs, underage alcohol, stolen items ect.... yes it may be a bit excessive... but they are looking to make traffic stops to do an investigation... they get their reasonable suspicion, they stop you, and god forbid they do a thorough investigation which may involve a search after given consent... but look at where they are coming from.

I see where you're coming from with this but the problem is that the majority of their cops are small town officers who think they're in a huge city...

Ive been mistreated by multiple cops their on separate occasions and do not believe in anyway that every time they though I was a tourist who had drugs or a warrant.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=82068 This story was finally a public showing of how the dells cops truly are.

Please tell me how you defend this one...

70 cutlass 442
07-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I see where you're coming from with this but the problem is that the majority of their cops are small town officers who think they're in a huge city...

Ive been mistreated by multiple cops their on separate occasions and do not believe in anyway that every time they though I was a tourist who had drugs or a warrant.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=82068 This story was finally a public showing of how the dells cops truly are.

Please tell me how you defend this one...

I don't care if you are a service man/women... they pissed outside which is against the law, they simply should have been cited and let be... you are right, the officers were out of line and deserved to be fired. However, from the stories posted above, no one has yet to mention anything that the officer did that would have been out of their scope.

03Seville
07-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't care if you are a service man/women... they pissed outside which is against the law, they simply should have been cited and let be... you are right, the officers were out of line and deserved to be fired. However, from the stories posted above, no one has yet to mention anything that the officer did that would have been out of their scope.

Yes but the problem is that nobody saw them piss... they were in the alley where the ground was wet, who says somebody didnt piss their 10mins prior?

Their was no proof to back the accusation, they were 2 young just out of high school cops (i went to school with them) who thought they were invincible.

But like I said that is only my opinion on the Dells police dept. I have never had any issues with any other officers from anywhere, besides the dells police every other one that I have ever dealt with has been great...

Which is also one of the main reasons I moved back from the Dells.

VroomPshhTsi
07-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Umm, why the hell was a 19 and 20 year old cop out on patrol together?

Am I missing something or shouldn't the 19 year old be paired up with a more experienced officer (same with the 20 year old).

If they truly did let 2 cops that young out on patrol by themselves, I have to seriously question the intelligence of the Dells PD.

03Seville
07-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Umm, why the hell was a 19 and 20 year old cop out on patrol together?

Am I missing something or shouldn't the 19 year old be paired up with a more experienced officer (same with the 20 year old).

If they truly did let 2 cops that young out on patrol by themselves, I have to seriously question the intelligence of the Dells PD.

They were hired on right out of High School as summer cops and they were on patrol together but on foot, they were the cops u still standing on the street corners all day...

Either way though in my opinion, no they shouldnt have had them out their with no real training or supervision...