PDA

View Full Version : * Flooding Pictures Post 'em Up *

awsomeears
07-23-2010, 12:05 AM
I think this was worse then 2 June's ago, I really feel sorry for the people in Shorewood. Just watched a clip of some guy explaining to Fox 6 last week he replaced 2 water heaters and 2 boilers at his expense ( no flood insurance offered )

He now has 2 feet in his basement from today's rain, those new units are Now Trashed :wow:wow:wow:wow

Post up your Flooding Pictures :wooo

What the HELL IS GOING ON !!!

nismodave
07-23-2010, 12:07 AM
What the HELL IS GOING ON !!!

Rain.

awsomeears
07-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Rain.

Purple rain :rolf

Dave I meant with the constant flooding in Milwaukee :durr

84hurst
07-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Purple rain

At least it's not raining men lol

My drunk post of the day done from the safety of my own house lol

WickedSix
07-23-2010, 07:42 AM
This is from our front lawn. Tyler took his truck out to show how deep it was....so much for picking up the new washer and dryer yesterday :rolf

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7074&stc=1&d=1279888853

jbiscuit
07-23-2010, 07:53 AM
I agree something is going on with both our climate and Milwaukee. I think Milwaukee Public Works knows something and aren't telling us. IE main sewer is backed up, undersized overflow drains/pipes etc. This is WAY worse than 2 years ago. 7.5" of rain in 2 hours!!

BR3W CITY
07-23-2010, 08:36 AM
On the front page they show an area of shorewood by Ottos. I drove through that area about 2 hours earlier (it was already under 2ft). Could barely get back into shorewood at around 7pm. A few drips in my basement but I'm up higher on the hill.

Karps TA
07-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Here's a little comparison of what went on in my neighborhood. My P&S camera sucks so sorry for pic quality. First one was taken I think around 7 or so.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs178.snc4/38253_427735801800_647511800_4714222_4116662_n.jpg
This was taken like at 9:30. Thank you lighting for the help.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs198.snc4/38253_427735806800_647511800_4714223_8122700_n.jpg

05caddyext
07-23-2010, 08:38 AM
No sewer system in the world can handle that amount of water in that little of time. You are going to get problems. But yeah... Its a conspiracy. Mayor Barrett has a weather machine and he has a button to close drains, then later he opens them and looks like the hero. :confused

jbiscuit
07-23-2010, 09:06 AM
My point is that this isnt just a fluke anymore. This is the NORM. Crazy rains and flooding. 3 years in a row this has happened. We need sewers and water diversion plans in place that can handle the volume of water we get. I think the Public Works KNOWS the sewers are undersized etc. THATS what I was getting at with my comment earlier in the thread. The City of Milwaukee need to upgrade the sewers again or come up with another way to route the volume of water away. Because this will happen again next summer. ALL homeowners insurance companies need to offer flood insurance also. Mine STILL won't offer it!

WickedSix
07-23-2010, 09:16 AM
They know they are undersized substantially....and the decrease in greenspace has dramatically taxed the little capacity they had.... combined storm and sewage is a horrible layout for a city that gets rain... but public support will always falter when they see the numbers involved with restructuring the entire system...the deep tunnel was a best-fix for the money at the time...now its a laughing point... if you've ever driven through LA u'd have seen the massive amounts of flood canals down there...think gone in 60 seconds when he races away from helicopter.....those channels FILL with water when there are bad storms.... it takes city planning that milwaukee just hasnt had

animal
07-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah I was so pissed, all my grass seed washed away for the third time yesterday. :mad: :fire It's been like 3 full wheelbarrows of dirt and 3 seperate seedings this month and i'm right back where i started.

"You people" in milwaukee have no idea what i'm going through trying to plant grass this month :rolf :goof :durr

j/k

Karps TA
07-23-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm thinking maybe, and this is a wild idea I know, but maybe building on every single square inch of land in a city isn't a good idea? Maybe if cities said no to building projects instead of being greedy, the water would have someplace to go.

Silver03SRT
07-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Its Bush's fault?

PonyKiller87
07-23-2010, 09:23 AM
OMG, coming over the Hone bridge this morning you could see all the $hit that got dumped in the lake. The entire area inside the break wall is dark brown, and at the opening you can see it spilling out into the rest of the dark blue water.... looks like a oil spil, lol.

lilws6
07-23-2010, 09:24 AM
it acually isn't as bad as it was here 2 years ago. two years ago fish were literally swingin in my back yard the lake was soo high. i don't see much in the yard now witch is good.

jbiscuit
07-23-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm thinking maybe, and this is a wild idea I know, but maybe building on every single square inch of land in a city isn't a good idea?

That wouldn't be a problem if we had canals like WickedSix mentioned. LA is nothing but concrete and they DO get rain. Not very often but they have had some big storms. The canals are needed to channel the water away. Our deep tunnel is a joke :rolf

Karps TA
07-23-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm mostly complaining about the suburbs. As for Milwaukee itself, it needs to be flushed down the shitter anyways. lol

WickedSix
07-23-2010, 09:39 AM
OMG, coming over the Hone bridge this morning you could see all the $hit that got dumped in the lake. The entire area inside the break wall is dark brown, and at the opening you can see it spilling out into the rest of the dark blue water.... looks like a oil spil, lol.

great and we are going fishing in that lake....

Karps TA
07-23-2010, 09:41 AM

Sounds like the brown trout will be biting!:rolf

jbiscuit
07-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Sounds like the brown trout will be biting!:rolf

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

WhatsADSM
07-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Helped push out about 6 cars in my neighborhood after eventually finding a way back to my house that Murano could actually get through. My wife wasn't so lucky, she eventually had to park her car and walk back to the house about 2.5 miles.

A few cars that I pushed out had water up just past my waist so 2.5-3' maybe? Lucky for me my basement got a little water stream but nothing serious.

My dog(s) thought it was the coolest thing though.

GTSLOW
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Its Bush's fault?

For sure!

Got Boost
07-23-2010, 09:56 AM
cool lightning

Silver86
07-23-2010, 10:33 AM
living in this small town looks better and better every day... think the only problem that came with the storm yesterday, was my trash cans were filled with water (my fault) and some 16y.o. girl slid into a light pole...

and the rx7 is now mobile... just fyi :devil

Rocket Power
07-23-2010, 10:49 AM
We went to Walmart when we thought it was winding down. The parking lot was just wet, when we got out and I ran to the truck it was just about to my knees on the drivers side. Holy Crap

wikked
07-23-2010, 11:48 AM
it acually isn't as bad as it was here 2 years ago. two years ago fish were literally swingin in my back yard the lake was soo high. i don't see much in the yard now witch is good.

It could be that 2 yrs ago it wasn't as dry as it was this year. We haven't had any decent rain in a LONG time. The lawns are thirsty!

We had a small river in our front ditch, then 5mins later it had all soaked in.

PonyKiller87
07-23-2010, 12:23 PM

Thats why the place were going is out of Kenosha, way far away from the giant $hit tube that milwaukee has going into the lake.

88Nightmare
07-23-2010, 03:11 PM
My afternoon yesterday started in shorewood. I was attempting to get the hell out of town and back to my home in Oak Creek. Everything was flooded over. I couldn't get out of shorewood to the south via Oakland or any other north-south side street. Capitol was closed due to flooding west of oakland. Ended up snaking my way up to silver spring, tried to get on the freeway, and that was closed. Silver spring west of the highway was closed infront of Andrew Chevrolet right near Green Bay Rd because that was flooded.
Ended up making a zigzag pattern through neighborhoods just east of Port Washington Rd, through Whitefish Bay's DPW lot, and got on the freeway off of Hampton, only to find it was closed right underneith Capitol. Took 9th st south to Locust, and got back on, and made it back to the south side. Just south of the Marquette I-change, the skies opened back up again, and everything I just experienced in Shorewood happened in Oak Creek. Fought back some basement flooding for a good 2 hours. Damn near every road in Oak Creek was shut down too. Ridiculous.

lordairgtar
07-23-2010, 06:12 PM
two years ago fish were literally swingin
Gotta watch out for those fish and their wild lifestyles!

Lash
07-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Thats why the place were going is out of Kenosha, way far away from the giant $hit tube that milwaukee has going into the lake.

No.... it's just between the South Shore pipe that goes out into the lake and Waukegan's pipe. More shit gets dumped into the south end of the lake than you'd even believe. Just look at all the cities that dump from here to around the bend in Michigan.

Here, this is probably where you go...lol. Go to the arial image (not birdseye). See the little brown spot just over to the south east from the marker. If you zoom in you'll see that they are boats. Now if you go back to the marker you'll notice that it's Kenosha's Waste Water Treatment Facility. The little things that zig zag back and forth and the bottom right of the plant are the final effluent channels. The pipeline runs straight out to the lake from the channels.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=milwaukee&form=HPDTLB#JnE9LnNvdXRocG9ydCtwYXJrJTdlc3N0LjAlN2 VwZy4xJmJiPTQyLjU5MjY3NzEyODExOSU3ZS04Ny43NzU2Nzgy NjIxMTQ1JTdlNDIuNTU1MDA2MjEyNTc3MiU3ZS04Ny44Mzk5Nj U0NDc3ODM1

Lash
07-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Here's another in Kenosha.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=milwaukee&form=HPDTLB#JnE9LlJvb3NldmVsdCtwYXJrJTJjd2klN2Vzc3 QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9NDIuNDA3Njc0ODAwMTgzMSU3ZS04Ny43 ODAxNjg5NTA1NTc3JTdlNDIuMzY5ODkyMzAwMzkzOCU3ZS04Ny 44NDQ0NTYxMzYyMjY3

Silver03SRT
07-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Here is a pic of our campsite at Country Thunder. Needless to say I left.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/Muskiefisher/CountryThunder.jpg

LIL EVO
07-24-2010, 09:17 PM
No.... it's just between the South Shore pipe that goes out into the lake and Waukegan's pipe. More shit gets dumped into the south end of the lake than you'd even believe. Just look at all the cities that dump from here to around the bend in Michigan.

Here, this is probably where you go...lol. Go to the arial image (not birdseye). See the little brown spot just over to the south east from the marker. If you zoom in you'll see that they are boats. Now if you go back to the marker you'll notice that it's Kenosha's Waste Water Treatment Facility. The little things that zig zag back and forth and the bottom right of the plant are the final effluent channels. The pipeline runs straight out to the lake from the channels.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=milwaukee&form=HPDTLB#JnE9LnNvdXRocG9ydCtwYXJrJTdlc3N0LjAlN2 VwZy4xJmJiPTQyLjU5MjY3NzEyODExOSU3ZS04Ny43NzU2Nzgy NjIxMTQ1JTdlNDIuNTU1MDA2MjEyNTc3MiU3ZS04Ny44Mzk5Nj U0NDc3ODM1

So why are there boats at the poop site? Good fishing?

Lash
07-24-2010, 09:59 PM
So why are there boats at the poop site? Good fishing?

Yup.

At the end of the South Shore pipe you can catch 14" perch all day long. It's not uncommon to see 10-12 boats in a 1-2 acre area around the pipe discharge. I see them out there almost every morning.