PDA

View Full Version : Water, water, everywhere

STANMAN
07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
I work on 81st and Bradley basically. I leave work at 5:30 today, going down Bradley and the crossroad with Tower is flooded, I mean up to my waist. How do I know this? Because I pushed 2 cars out of it! Monsoon rain, I see a Grand Prix already konked out in the middle of the water. I go around, and back onto Bradley. Instead of heading home I go back towards Tower and take off my boots, my phone, my wallet, put my hazzards on, and start to get out of my car. By now another car was dead in the pool, a Saturn. BMW goes right around my car, new one to, and dies right in the middle. It's up to this guys window!!! I did get the Saturn pushed out, as well as the Grand Prix, but the BMW guy wouldn't take his foot of the brake or take it out of park, so instead he chooses to get out to help. Imagine what happened next. Poor car, I think it was a 3 series, very new, but not an "M". Sad. The guy didn't even thank me for attempting to help. The GA and Saturn owner were totally appreciative. Money can't buy class.

Also there was a guy that was walking, he was already soaked, but when I called him over to give me a hand, the guy looked at me like I was crazy. Society for the fail.

Z28Envy
07-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Was the BMW guy still on his cellphone when he got out?:rolf

PB86MCSS
07-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Sounds like a typical BWM owner, "sorry to those on here with them who are offended" :) . Nice of you to help others out, glad I don't have to go anywhere in this crap and that our house is positioned where water shouldn't be an issue in the basement (better go double check).

STANMAN
07-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Was the BMW guy still on his cellphone when he got out?:rolf

No, but he did have a nice suit on, and of course had to open the back door to get his suitcase. I was like :stare, as water was then everywhere in the interior. I am certain that car would be totalled, all because of some guys arrogance. Sad.

Coops Brother
07-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Maybe he drove it in there on purpose.... couldn't afford the payments? Thinking out loud...again.

Neal Steffek
07-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Maybe he drove it in there on purpose.... couldn't afford the payments? Thinking out loud...again.

I thought the exact same thing. This has to be the easyest car insurance scam around.

hrsp
07-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I thought the exact same thing. This has to be the easyest car insurance scam around.

im sure many people are thinking the same thing...lol

Rocket Power
07-22-2010, 09:44 PM
How many Billions of gallons of Poo are they going to dump in the lake today?

moels
07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
My brother owns American signal Corp. ( 8600 W. Bradley I think ) and sent this photo this evening via his Iphone. Thought it was relevent to this thread and kinda neat looking. :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs210.snc4/38858_447426722213_507497213_6219149_3237546_n.jpg

Karps TA
07-22-2010, 10:33 PM
im sure many people are thinking the same thing...lol

Shit I'm thinking I should take the TA out for a drive right now! I'd get it flooded and totalled before I left my driveway. :rolf

Gregor
07-22-2010, 10:36 PM
I wonder how the grading for the I-94 project is going to hold up?

03CVLX
07-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, I am working. It has been non stop since 530 PM or so. We have 260 emergency calls for service since 330 PM. :wow Highest number I have ever seen.

lordairgtar
07-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Was watching the news and there is a Corvette under the water too.

Myles
07-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Was watching the news and there is a Corvette under the water too.

No loss there.

Al
07-23-2010, 12:41 AM
I probably saw 300 cars stalled in water today. For some odd reason, BMW and Benz were the most common makes. I also noticed lots of the new Chevy Impalas. It seems like it only takes 8 inches of water to kill one of those.

The sigting of the day was a section of Blue Mound where all the large trucks were blasting through a puddle about a foot deep. showoffs!

The most I put my Olds through was a foot of water. I even pulled the air silencer hose off of the air box so it would not suck air off the ground.

Because I was not very concerned about my ride, I made a few speed runs on puddles. At about It gets a bit hairy around 30 mph in a 6 inch puddle.

It took me about 4 hours to get from downtown to Cedarburg due to flooding, construction, and bad drivers. All major north-south routes were shut down at some location and the rest were closed at some point for construction. If you were east of the river and near UWM, you were pretty much stranded.

EvolvedRegal
07-23-2010, 07:16 AM
My wife works at Community Memorial in the falls. Some Aurora asshat said she couldn't leave so she spent the night there.

My front and back yard look like retention ponds. Good thing is there is not a single drop of water in my basement. 2 sump pumps do wonders.

TraceDaddy
07-23-2010, 08:22 AM
My favorite strom quote from yesterday. "We saw the traffic light sink into the street but didn't think much of it."

What?

Silver86
07-23-2010, 10:46 AM
My favorite strom quote from yesterday. "We saw the traffic light sink into the street but didn't think much of it."

What?

:rolf