PDA

View Full Version : Karma...

Lash
07-19-2010, 06:19 PM
It's a bitch.

http://rr.com/news/topic/article/rr/8459870/16466913/EMT_accused_of_ignoring_dying_NYC_woman_is_killed

pOrk
07-19-2010, 06:27 PM
damnnnnn

xxtremeteam
07-19-2010, 06:27 PM
he was a douche bag not going to missed by to many

michelle
07-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Not surprised when I read an article about it earlier. I wonder how nervous the girlfriend/other EMT is now.

That_Guy
07-19-2010, 08:22 PM
I some people are safer in jail then out of it. The streets can be mean. I have a family member who once said," if anything ever happened to a family member if they found the guy I would post his bail because he ain't safe on the outside"

Reverend Cooper
07-19-2010, 09:27 PM
meh oh well

Nix
07-19-2010, 09:32 PM
meh oh well

x2

Yooformula
07-19-2010, 10:01 PM
"was a good guy and a dedicated emergency medical technician," he said. "It's very sad."

dedicated my ass! if according to him there was no emergency, wonder why he called it in before he left for his lunch break. pathetic that he walked away with a woman in need of help.

GTSLOW
07-19-2010, 10:35 PM
damnnnnn

x2

hrsp
07-19-2010, 11:43 PM
"was a good guy and a dedicated emergency medical technician," he said. "it's very sad."

dedicated my ass! If according to him there was no emergency, wonder why he called it in before he left for his lunch break. Pathetic that he walked away with a woman in need of help.

exactly

subliminal1284
07-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Being an EMT I have to set the record straight here. Those EMT's involved with that incident were only working as dispatchers at the time, they had no equipment with them and even if they had equipment with them there is nothing they could of done to stop the seizures besides making sure she did no further harm to herself while the seizure was occurring. All they could do was call 911 which they did do.

Lash
07-21-2010, 09:16 PM
besides making sure she did no further harm to herself while the seizure was occurring.

Which they didn't. Instead they just decided to leave. They didn't even TRY to help.

As for Green and Jackson, fire department officials said they were working as dispatchers out of fire department headquarters. But they had appropriate training to assist in an emergency.

Witnesses said the emergency workers were on break ordering breakfast at the Metro-tech Center Au Bon Pain restaurant where Rennix worked as a cashier. She collapsed in a woman's bathroom and several workers and customers asked the EMT workers for help. Instead, they said they walked out of the store telling them to call 9-1-1.

http://www.ksn.com/content/news/also/story/Pregnant-woman-dies-after-EMTs-refuse-to-help-her/zbmD08CdIk6SYT42yz_UXw.cspx

They weren't even the first ones to call 911 if they even did at all.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/emt_duo_on_break_let_preg_mom_die_mrj8Jv8kjmS0Z3FN O4DmiL

70 cutlass 442
07-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Being an EMT I have to set the record straight here. Those EMT's involved with that incident were only working as dispatchers at the time, they had no equipment with them and even if they had equipment with them there is nothing they could of done to stop the seizures besides making sure she did no further harm to herself while the seizure was occurring. All they could do was call 911 which they did do.

Also being an EMT, I will have to both agree and disagree with you...

You are correct to some degree, the EMTs could not have given Lorazepam to help the stop the seizures... However there was plenty they still could have done. 1, assure that she doesn't strike her head causing head, neck, or back injury. 2. they could have help done basic airway management had she needed it. 3. since she was 6 months pregnant, once the convulsions stopped, they could have rolled her on to her left side relieving pressure off the inferior venae cava. That would help allow blood flow back to the heart, which in turn would have helped perfusion which im sure she was already having difficulty with since one article stated she was having difficulties breathing.... These are all basic steps that could have been done without ANY equipment. Furthermore, if she were to go PNB before other crews arrived, they could have initiated CPR or at minimum chest compressions.

Yooformula
07-21-2010, 10:36 PM
All they could do was call 911 which they did do.

sorry bro but you are wrong. they couldnt do anything but 2 off duty firefighters could?! please read this and tell me how you could possibly defend these 2 pieces of shit!?!

"A pregnant Brooklyn woman suffering a fatal seizure in a coffee shop in the shadow of FDNY Headquarters was ignored by two callous city medics who continued to buy their breakfast, eyewitnesses told The Post.

"The EMTs just said we had to call 911. They got their bagels and left," said a disgusted worker.

Frantic employees at the Au Bon Pain at 1 Metrotech Center approached the FDNY medics at 9 a.m. on Dec. 9, shortly after colleague Eutisha Revee Rennix, 25, began to complain of shortness of breath and intense stomach pains. Workers immediately dialed 911.

"People were calling out saying, 'She's turning blue! She's pregnant!' " said the witness.

But the EMTs appeared unfazed.

"I remember them saying they couldn't do anything because they were on their break," another worker said. "We started screaming and cursing at them."

Rennix fell in a heap and began foaming at the nose and mouth in the back room.

That sent a manager rushing to the front to again ask someone in the Metrotech coffee shop to help.

This time, two good Samaritans in blue FDNY sweaters ran to the back office. One called 911 from his cellphone while the other tried to help keep Rennix still.

Ironically, the EMS emergency dispatch center that fields 911 calls is located in the same building as Au Bon Pain -- just floors above where Rennix collapsed.

And the FDNY headquarters is about 600 feet away within the same Metrotech complex. In fact, the coffee shop is regularly filled with FDNY and EMS personnel and top brass."

they could have ran upstairs or 600ft away to get a medical bag if needed for fuck's sake! there is no excuse for these 2 imo.

subliminal1284
07-22-2010, 12:01 AM
I stand corrected the article I read said they left and called 911, the media is great for mixing up the facts so without being there and knowing the full details I can't judge them.

70 cutlass 442
07-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Regardless, it doesn't take two to call the dispatch center, it doesn't take two to get a bag. One of them could have stayed there and performed basic life support functions if needed until proper equipment arrived... to me, it sounds as if both of the EMTs left the scene, that IMO is abandonment.