PDA

View Full Version : foreclosures

xFullThrottlex
07-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I remember there being a thread awhile back about buying a foreclosure. I searched and I could not find anything! I was wondering what website is best to use when searching for a foreclosure and any advice when purchasing one!

Thanks a million!:thumbsup

fly5150
07-15-2010, 09:43 PM
websites are a waste of money. You can go down to the local city hall and see the list of forclosures posted going for auction. usually you dont want it at auction, cause the starting bid is whats owed, and if you do bid on it, you are responsible for all leins and back taxes. Banks usually buy them back at auction and then list them with a local realitor. Any decent realitor can give you a list of forclosed (bank owned) homes. the process of offers is painfull though sometimes. the last few I did went quick, this current property that I am trying to buy I have been waiting over a month for a response from Fannie Mae.

xFullThrottlex
07-17-2010, 01:20 AM
^thanks for the info!

fly5150
07-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I just bought a house in short sale. Crazyiest house so far. Offered $100,000 less than asking, and the bank just accepted. I close end of august. this is still definatly a buyers market.

outlawgibbs
07-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the info. My girl friend and I are just starting to look for our first house and we are learning as we go so any info would be great.

xFullThrottlex
07-18-2010, 07:50 AM
^i'm in the same boat as you... but I'm looking right now (won't have the funds until next year this time or maybe later then that... unless I come across a kick ass deal)

xFullThrottlex
07-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey guys Is there a way to find Waukesha/Milwaukee foreclosure sales on a website without paying a fee or do I have to drive down to the county courthouse?

outlawgibbs
07-26-2010, 06:59 AM
I believe your stuck going to the court house or Realtor to find that list.

I have had some luck finding a few online and hoping to go check one out this week that I can get a good deal on. It will get me out of the city alittle farther then I wanted but If I can get it for the price I want I wont bitch one bit.

wrath
07-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Waukesha County Courthouse foreclosure auctions:
http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/page.aspx?SetupMetaId=9830&id=14218

It usually shows up as an REO within 6 months.

xFullThrottlex
07-26-2010, 07:24 AM
^thank you guys!

CATNHAT
07-26-2010, 07:58 AM
I am working on finishing a foreclosed house in West Allis, far west side. Appraisal came back at $350K and the bank told me they are hoping to get $200K for it.

Let me know if you want to see it. Also, if you act quickly, you could make selection for the finishes. But you have to act REALLY fast as I ordered cabinets last week friday.

3 Br, 2.5 bath, 2 acre lot.