PDA

View Full Version : Growwwlllll It's a New Beetle

FYGTBUG
07-03-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm getting closer to getting this thing down the track fully............
Anyone wanna race ;)
http://www.directimagehost.com/is.php?i=42046&img=track1.jpg

SloFarmTruck
07-03-2004, 11:33 PM
I should be down there on tuesday 7/6/04 if the weather is nice. Just look for an old farm truck with its dancing shoes on. :banana

I heard that your car is a Turbo VR6 motor. Is this accurate or no? If it's true than thats pretty impressive. I have seen many of those motors go kaboom though, but from what I have heard, you have done your research and took your time to make this car. so good luck to you and maybe I will see you tuesday.

Crawlin
07-05-2004, 06:26 PM
draggin water up to the starting line.... :fire

but atleast it SHOULD go pretty quick

FYGTBUG
07-06-2004, 10:48 AM
draggin water up to the starting line.... :fire

You really dont have much clue about what you are saying do you, when it says z28kid98, is that the car you drive, the fact your just a kid and the year of your birth to prove it..... Maybe when you know what your talking about, better still let me educate you. You'll find as much water brought up to the line from the wheels of my car as you will from any RWD running slicks and skinnies. Maybe with comments built from the obvious knowledge and exprerience you have you should consider trading in the Z for an SI and going to hangout in forums like Club SI where exoerience and knowledge is paramount to your membership and respect.

I think you should be my first BrewCity Muscle race......... Oh wait no it's just a Z, not even worth my time............ :tomato

GRNDNL
07-06-2004, 01:05 PM
I think you should be my first BrewCity Muscle race......... Oh wait no it's just a Z, not even worth my time............ :tomato

You want to borrow my car Chris?....... :shades

Prince Valiant
07-06-2004, 04:30 PM
You really dont have much clue about what you are saying do you, when it says z28kid98, is that the car you drive, the fact your just a kid and the year of your birth to prove it..... Maybe when you know what your talking about, better still let me educate you. You'll find as much water brought up to the line from the wheels of my car as you will from any RWD running slicks and skinnies. Maybe with comments built from the obvious knowledge and exprerience you have you should consider trading in the Z for an SI and going to hangout in forums like Club SI where exoerience and knowledge is paramount to your membership and respect. Well...that's not really true, not that I care much about what individuals do at the track through the bleach box. If you've got the need for a true burnout do what you need to do...more power to you.

But with RWD and the bleach box the car goes through and the front skinnies are in the box for a brief period of time as they pass through the box and then they are out of the box completely during the burnout...and therefore they in the water less, and out draining longer than the FWD...which the rear skinnies are hanging out in the water as you actually do the burnout for however long and then are driven up to the starting line immediately upon leaving the box...so guess where they drain most of their water...or at least more than a RWD with skinies does? As well, most of the water that IS dragged to the line is burned off by the rear's immediately behind them...FWD skinnies don't quite have that going for em though. If you got someone from clubsi that begs differ, so be it.

Cool car, in an admittedly metrosexual kind of way. So what kind of times does that thing run anyways?

Crawlin
07-06-2004, 06:25 PM
You really dont have much clue about what you are saying do you, when it says z28kid98, is that the car you drive, the fact your just a kid and the year of your birth to prove it..... Maybe when you know what your talking about, better still let me educate you. You'll find as much water brought up to the line from the wheels of my car as you will from any RWD running slicks and skinnies. Maybe with comments built from the obvious knowledge and exprerience you have you should consider trading in the Z for an SI and going to hangout in forums like Club SI where exoerience and knowledge is paramount to your membership and respect.

1st - it was just a joke

2nd - you ARE dragging water up to the line since you are rolling through the water(that is unless you are doing a dry burnout up ahead of the waterbox). you want to "think" it's the same as a RWD, but because of the tires rolling forward and the process of actually continuing the burnout forward, that very little water that is left is being evaporated by the heat the slicks. So if you REALLY want to nickle and dime the ****, the FWD cars are STILL dragging more water up to the line. AND just as an FYI, i go AROUND the water box and back up into it. No need to go through it as I am still running a small street radial on the front compared to a M/T E.T. Front or a Moroso DS-2.

Yep, that's it, just a stock z28 and i was born in '98. So at 6 years old i have a Z. You sound like your coming from ClubSI picking on a SCREENNAME? Weak sauce.

But thanks for the consideration. Maybe before YOU spout your mouth, NEWBIE, you should research who you are talking to. I've been apart of this site since the very beginning. I moderated many of the local message boards having to do with performance cars. From this site, to CPONYGO, to Midwest F-Body Association(largest regional F-body club in the nation).

As for the race, no prob. I broke a lifter in the car and so I'm having to replace that when I get time(new job and all at 6 years old sucks). So since you are SO confident, I'm sure you have no problem waiting. All in all it's still a stock Z28 right? Remember, ALL stock, ALL MOTOR

How old are you again? I mean it really doesn't matter age, but the last time I counted actual timeslips, mine were in the 600-700 pass range. Then again, I'm only 6. But I do have video of your bug driving down what looks to be an industrial park without the front clip on and people laughing in the background. Just remember, it's a STOCK Z!!! Be easy on me when we race. When you get that thing to be able to run on the street, let me know and hopefully my 118k mile stock motor with 2 brand new lifters in it will be able to keep up.

JUSTAZ

Crawlin
07-06-2004, 06:32 PM
You want to borrow my car Chris?....... :shades

Hey Keith, I appreciate the offer. I would totally be up for it, but jumping from a 14 sec. stock(i know they went faster stock, but i suck driving) Z28 to a 13.00 GN might be a bit much. I don't know if I could see over the steering wheel either. Got a phone book or something?

I did go to the library and read this though... maybe it'll help...

Syclone0044
07-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Darren and Chris!! You guys both need to cut it out. This is getting out of hand and it's over something SO stupid. Chris, Darren is cool as hell and he has more experience with drag racing than most of us can hope. While you may have 700 timeslips, he probably has started the tree for 50,000 drag races. He can call out how fast a car went just by watching it directly from behind. His drag car choice is unusual, but give him a break. He's every bit as serious about running the same ETs you are.

And Darren, Chris is a cool guy and very easy going; I think he was just joking with his crack about dragging water on the starting line. He's working on making his Camaro one of the faster ones you might see at GLD, and he's serious about it. So respect is due in both directions and if you guys knew what the other was like in person, you'd probably both feel dumb after realizing how well you'd get along. If you're going to start a grudge towards someone; at least wait until there's something to substantiate it..

FYGTBUG
07-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Well I'll apologize for ripping off, but at the time it didn't seem like a joke.....

But I will add I too have been doing this for a while now, I sure as hell aint no newbie to the sport, If you have raced at GLD in the last 2 years, barring the last couple of weeks, you would have seen me, I was the guy with the switch on the startline.
I have since past on the job as I needed to start racing my car now it was getting closer to being finished.
Anyway Chris, sorry again for letting lose, seems were both a little smarter than the other thinks.

We should still race though, just for fun ;)

Speaking of meeting, I'm heading up to starbucks on hwy in about an hour, maybe I will stop by Oscars as I know thats where most of you hang out and intruduce myself personally......

Crawlin
07-06-2004, 07:49 PM
:party: :haveabeer

sometimes those smilies just don't come up when you click them. like i said, just a joke. so all is well. i forgot about the tree starting thing, so i bow to that :)

anyways, don't pay attention to josh, the Z is ALL stock, 100%, save for some 325/50/15 DR's

FYGTBUG
07-06-2004, 08:04 PM
well if it's the one in the picture you posted, and you happen to be the same guy that comes down to GLD with Josh, and I recognise it.....HAHAHA slow my ass.......
Are you the guy with the Digital A/F on the dash above the steering wheel?

Crawlin
07-06-2004, 08:24 PM
haha, uhmmmmmmm no? ;) when did you see it?

it's seriously slow and stock. read my sig even... "SLOW" :)

quickcarl
07-06-2004, 09:25 PM
I'll disconnect the spray and one spark plug wire and the beetle can get some!! :punch:

quickcarl
07-06-2004, 09:48 PM
That bug would be better if the engine was in the back. It would be less rice--kraut---or whatever, and just a notch or two toward cool. :wtf

TuffEnuff
07-06-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm getting closer to getting this thing down the track fully............
Anyone wanna race ;)
http://www.directimagehost.com/is.php?i=42046&img=track1.jpg

Is that thing going backwards?? :rolf

FYGTBUG
07-06-2004, 11:48 PM
haha, uhmmmmmmm no? ;) when did you see it?

it's seriously slow and stock. read my sig even... "SLOW" :)

While I was flicking the switch at the start line........... LOL

Crawlin
07-07-2004, 06:09 PM
While I was flicking the switch at the start line........... LOL

never had it at the track though ;) so maybe it was a different car. will be at the track soon though. HOPEFULLY

quickcarl
07-07-2004, 10:21 PM
You still trippin' off those paodi dots?

quickcarl
07-08-2004, 09:24 PM
I was looking at that car, and it occurred to me that you could have the front knuckles solid or a solid axle, and basically set it up like a forklift truck--to steer in the rear. It already looks backwards, the engine is driving the wrong wheels, and the driver is a glutton for punishment, so the trend might as well continue and just finish building the car backwards too !! :loser

Syclone0044
07-08-2004, 09:28 PM
I was looking at that car, and it occurred to me that you could have the front knuckles solid or a solid axle, and basically set it up like a forklift truck--to steer in the rear. It already looks backwards, the engine is driving the wrong wheels, and the driver is a glutton for punishment, so the trend might as well continue and just finish building the car backwards too !! :loser
Hey how about you post photos of your car and your mug so we can pick you apart? It's only fair. This guy has a car that runs and drives and has been on the track. That's leap years beyond what you've shown. So until you've got something to show for yourself, you're relegated to the Peanut Gallery as far as I'm concerned. Respect is earned, not given. Coming on this board and running your mouth about what your car Could Run and Should Run.. ("With Slicks" and a "Dyno Tune" perhaps) like some Johnny-Come-Lately isn't going to do anything but gain you a bunch of enemies.