PDA

View Full Version : power window problem, need help please

u_say_go
07-15-2010, 06:40 PM
2002 Ford Explorer, front windows wont operate. Last night, in the rain up north, I went out to roll up the driver's side window and it wouldnt go up. The window would go down, but not up. All other windows worked just fine. I covered the window and parked the truck in a parking structure overnight. Today the two front windows wont go up or down.

Anyone have experience with problems like this and could maybe give me a hand?

Thanks

84hurst
07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Do you hear any noise coming from the motor? If you can hear it spinning or making a grinding noise the motor or regulator prolly needs to be replaced. Could very well be the switch itself if you can't the motor making noise. I would lean more towards a bad switch just because both windows are inop. Almost every junkyard in the area will have a handful of explorers for the picking.

u_say_go
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
I just got done ripping into the problem. I took the switch apart and noticed a burned capacitor/resistor.
I'm located in Washington county....any suggestions on decent boneyards or places that sell used parts?

05caddyext
07-15-2010, 08:22 PM
napa or bumper to bumper will sell that part. those trucks aren't that old yet.

84hurst
07-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Maybe try one of these places?

http://www.yardquest.com/location_Wisconsin_junk_yards.aspx

u_say_go
07-16-2010, 12:41 PM
I am ordering a new master switch but it wont be here till next week. Is there any way I can close that drivers side window? I took the door panel off and tried (carefully) to manually lift the window but it wouldn't budge. There's a plug that goes to the motor, I removed the plug and noticed two prongs- is there a way to jump that motor to get the window to raise?

DRK
07-16-2010, 01:05 PM
There's a plug that goes to the motor, I removed the plug and noticed two prongs- is there a way to jump that motor to get the window to raise?

I've done it on many other older cars IDK anything about newer shit though. Hot wire it to a car battery and reverse polarity on the plug for up and down.

u_say_go
07-16-2010, 01:26 PM
I've done it on many other older cars IDK anything about newer shit though. Hot wire it to a car battery and reverse polarity on the plug for up and down.

that did it.

Russ, if you're reading this....I took your advice from another thread and contacted Eagle Auto, she found the part I needed and was VERY helpful. I told her you sent me.

Thanks guys,
Jason