PDA

View Full Version : Any satellite installers have time for a side job?

deuceWI
07-15-2010, 04:10 PM
To make a long story short, my cousin installed Dish Network for a friend a few years back. He also put a 2nd dish up on friend's grandma's roof so they could put a spare box out at her house.

After the storms that rolled through last night something's not right at grandma's house, can't pick up a signal (maybe the dish moved some?)

Need someone to stop by and take a look on the side. PM me and I'll help make the connection. Cash, beer, or both available as payment.

70 cutlass 442
07-15-2010, 04:20 PM
in the setup, there should be an option where you can monitor the transponder signal strength... its not to hard at all to aim it yourself... can be done with a buddy watching the signal strength and you on the roof slowly adjusting the angels...

British_Ben
07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
in the setup, there should be an option where you can monitor the transponder signal strength... its not to hard at all to aim it yourself... can be done with a buddy watching the signal strength and you on the roof slowly adjusting the angels...

x2

I've done this a couple times. We had satellite at a place I used to work for, for some business TV. The owner didn't want the dish permanently attached to the building so it was on a pallet on the roof. It would move around all the time.