PDA

View Full Version : feeler: Anyone interested in a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee v8? $2500

Prince Valiant
07-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Just seeing what type interest might be out there for this thing:

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
210,000 miles.

4.7 V8
Full-time 4WD Quadratrac

Body: Pretty good aside from a dent in the rear bumper cover/

Tires: Needs new tires. Figured I'd let a future owner decide what they want. Put 4 Winterforce tires on it at 69 bucks a tire, and you own the next winter drags champion :thumbsup

Brakes: Brakes are making a little noise, feel a little pulsation through the pedal. Again, a future owner can decide what they want for brakes.

Air conditioning: Works but has a leak. Just added refrigerant and will give what cans I have with the sale.

Transmission: Shifts strong and firm. No issues, always received proper fluid changes every 30,000 miles with ATF+4.

Steering: Power steering pump isn't making any noise, but the power steering only works intermittently or with the engine reving around 2500 rpm. A new power steering pump was put in by the dealer in TX, but did not solve the problem...perhaps a blockage in the line?

Sound system: Infinity gold unit, however, their is distortion coming from the tweeters.

Interior is in good shape, aside from the driver seat...dad broke a bracket that could be welded simply enough. Passenger rear automatic rear window doesn't open.

Other than those problems, it is a very good vehicle. Has the tow package and rated for 6500lbs.

If I went through and addressed all the problems, it'd obviously be worth more...but I figure I'd put it out there to see what interest people might have in acquiring one relatively cheap.

pics:

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad349/sweetroscoe/jeep1.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad349/sweetroscoe/jeep2.jpg

Russ Jerome
07-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Its actualy a good looking ride for 2g's, hard to stay focused with the pimp Honda Insight in background screaming my name!

Prince Valiant
07-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Its actualy a good looking ride for 2g's, hard to stay focused with the pimp Honda Insight in background screaming my name!
Insight is also for sale :thumbsup

Though I'm going to wait to sell the jeep first, lol.

Package deal?

GRNDNL
07-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Looking for any trades?............

Prince Valiant
07-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Looking for any trades?............Not terribly interested in trades, but I'd consider them. I'd probably look to sell the traded for item.

What are you thinking?

T-Bag
07-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Great vehicles, I've never owned a jeep before and I love mine, same color and all. The 4.7 has great midrange power and tows my 18' boat pretty well.

Yooformula
07-15-2010, 05:43 PM
hmmmmm. i wish..lol

Russ Jerome
07-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Insight is also for sale :thumbsup

You know I always wanted your Insight....well your car as well..get it pun!

That thig would be a perfect FWD drag car but its gets about as good a milage as my scooter it would suck cutting it up. The old Insight is probably still worth more than my stable of vehicles combined.

Prince Valiant
07-16-2010, 09:07 AM
You know I always wanted your Insight....well your car as well..get it pun!
Hi-OH! :rolf