PDA

View Full Version : I've gone and done it.

lordairgtar
07-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Went to Holz and put a down payment on a 2010 HHR panel. We shall see if I can get the financing. Now just where did I put that title to the 07 HHR.

TheRX7Project
07-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Is there a difference or just want a new one?

lordairgtar
07-11-2010, 08:00 AM
No diff. Just a lighter blue and now I have a warranty again before things like tires and other expensive things start calling out for attention.

pOrk
07-11-2010, 08:09 AM
How much you want for your old one?

wrath
07-11-2010, 10:16 AM
PM me your email address and I'll send you something so you can see what kind of deal you're getting.

lordairgtar
07-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Pork, the old one is the trade in.

lordairgtar
07-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Well, the loan was approved. Now I have to wait for the car to be brought up from Illinois. i hate the waiting part. They won't let me go get it myself.

lordairgtar
07-16-2010, 12:06 AM
I get my car tomorrow, but it's gonna be red instead of blue. I'm a bit pissed at the dealership. They claim that the other dealer put Nitrogen in the tires and wheel locks so they want an extra $105. I can see the nitrogen because the temp sensors go stupid in extreme cold, but wheel locks? On steel wheels? Get real! Why would a dealer put nitrogen in the tires of a car sitting on the lot. I could see if a buyer ordered it, but this was a car just sitting on their lot.

TheRX7Project
07-16-2010, 02:30 AM
Tell them to get bent, you didn't order either of those.

HITMAN
07-16-2010, 03:21 AM
I get my car tomorrow, but it's gonna be red instead of blue. I'm a bit pissed at the dealership. They claim that the other dealer put Nitrogen in the tires and wheel locks so they want an extra $105. I can see the nitrogen because the temp sensors go stupid in extreme cold, but wheel locks? On steel wheels? Get real! Why would a dealer put nitrogen in the tires of a car sitting on the lot. I could see if a buyer ordered it, but this was a car just sitting on their lot.

More stealership tricks. Tell them if you don't get what you want at the agreed on price, you're gonna walk and they lose a customer for life. You're the one that gets saddled with the payments, you should be getting exactly what you want.

And I don't agree with the premise that you need a new car to avoid repair issues. You already took a big hit by buying your first HHR new in the first place. Why compound that bad choice? If you take the money you'd be spending on car payments and put it away every month, you'd have more than enough to pay for any repairs you're likely to need. New cars are nice, but they depreciate in value so fast, you're better off buying one that's a couple of years old and letting some other sucker take the hit. Just my $.02

Russ Jerome
07-16-2010, 03:35 AM
More stealership tricks.

Honestly dealership people are not that smart, they screwed up on inventory. Im with you tho just say you dont want it....will show up with free useless locks and silly green caps on valve steps anyway :)

HITMAN
07-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Honestly dealership people are not that smart, they screwed up on inventory. Im with you tho just say you dont want it....will show up with free useless locks and silly green caps on valve steps anyway :)

You don't have to be all that smart, you just need a crooked soul. That's how you get into management...

It was surprising the amount of devious shit I learned/picked up on in my 3 long months working at Penus Ford. This particular technique is bait and switch. Sell you one thing and get a down payment and a mental commitment on buying something and then try and bump you into something else that's been sitting around longer and also has a price bump.

Me, I'd take this as a bad omen and use it as an excuse to back out entirely and then avoid suffering through an extreme bout of buyers remorse.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-16-2010, 06:48 AM
^exactly

Karps TA
07-16-2010, 08:16 AM
I would totally be walking away from that deal. #1 it's a different color then what you wanted? Right there it's completely unacceptable. Then that other nonsense. You don't have to pay for that crap. Either they get you the car you want, or tell them to piss off.

You have all the power in the negotiation. You have the ability to walk out the door.

deuceWI
07-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Nitrogen in the tires, really? :rolf

The most I've ever paid for air was maybe a quarter at a gas station. Turns out this stuff called air is full of nitrogen.

As for wheel locks, that sounds like a nice extra for the dealer to toss in for FREE.

When I bought my car, I found exactly the car I wanted, found a dealer / salesman I wanted to deal with, agreed on a price / made my deal, and then chosen dealer figured out how to get my car to me. Extras / bait and switch were not acceptable, but also weren't an issue with the dealer I went with.

wrath
07-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Holz in Watertown charges $45 for the wheel locks installed. They're $29 from the parts desk.

0TransAm0
07-16-2010, 03:51 PM
tell them to get bent.. i take it you "bought" this car sight unseen? i would never spend that kind of money without test driving the actual car im going to buy.

DynoTom
07-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I would totally be walking away from that deal. #1 it's a different color then what you wanted? Right there it's completely unacceptable. Then that other nonsense. You don't have to pay for that crap. Either they get you the car you want, or tell them to piss off.

You have all the power in the negotiation. You have the ability to walk out the door.

Karps has it right on again !!!:headbang:headbang

jbiscuit
07-16-2010, 04:08 PM
YOU ARE BUYING A CAR THAT ISN'T EVEN THE COLOR YOU ASKED FOR/WANTED? :rolf

Neal Steffek
07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Unless I won the lottery, I will NEVER buy a new car ever again. There is 0 upside to it.

lordairgtar
07-16-2010, 05:35 PM
This isn't the exact color I wanted but I chose blue because Lori likes it. I like red too so color isn't a deal breaker for me and Lori was OK with it. The blue one they found had stick and Lori can't drive stick. The two things I was adamant about was the interior color and the fact that it had automatic. I'm kinda diggin' the red. As for Nitrogen and wheel locks, we are going to argue on that point. Nitro I can live with too, it has its bennies, but why would you put locks on a steel wheel? Unless that car has somehow escaped with alloys (which wouldn't be bad because alloys bump the car up in price quite a bit) I'm not understanding the logic in that.

TheRX7Project
07-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Tell them to toss that stuff in for free or you're walkin!

jbiscuit
07-16-2010, 08:02 PM
^ exactly what he said. I wouldn't two cents for something I didn't want or agree to

lordairgtar
07-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Got rid of the wheel locks but left the nitrogen in. I can see it's value. Now about the car, this one is so much better than the one I had. Aside from that new car smell, it has the better sound system with XM, FM, CD, and it calls out the artist playing on the tuner face, Onstar for a year, It's a Flexfuel car as well so I can use E85 if I want. After I found out how low the interest was going to be, I took the car. It's half what the old interest was and I'm getting a refund from Regional and some of it was already credited to the cost from the buying out of the loan by Holz. It has 4 year 46000 mile warranty.

Prince Valiant
07-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Isn't air already 78% nitrogen? I'm not sure what the benefits of nitrogen are claimed to be...what are they?

lordairgtar
07-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Some have found in cold weather, the tire sensors go nuts and don't give accurate results. Pure nitrogen remains stable in temperature extremes.
http://www.getnitrogen.org/why/index.php

88Nightmare
07-17-2010, 02:56 AM
Got rid of the wheel locks but left the nitrogen in. I can see it's value. Now about the car, this one is so much better than the one I had. Aside from that new car smell, it has the better sound system with XM, FM, CD, and it calls out the artist playing on the tuner face, Onstar for a year, It's a Flexfuel car as well so I can use E85 if I want. After I found out how low the interest was going to be, I took the car. It's half what the old interest was and I'm getting a refund from Regional and some of it was already credited to the cost from the buying out of the loan by Holz. It has 4 year 46000 mile warranty.

I thought all new chevy's had 5 year/100k powertrain?
is the 4 year 46k warranty you are referring to a bumper to bumper?

Some have found in cold weather, the tire sensors go nuts and don't give accurate results. Pure nitrogen remains stable in temperature extremes.
http://www.getnitrogen.org/why/index.php

I don't trust just how accurate those sensors are anyway. My driver information center on the tbss gives me a readout of each sensor. My left front keeps going low (reads in at 25psi) however when I stick manual gauges right on the valve stem cap, I get readings of about 33-35psi, which is right where they should be.

GTO Jeff
07-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Forgot to add, red is the best color for an HHR IMO. Blue is second best. So either way you did OK color-wise :)

Turbo-Triumph
07-17-2010, 02:49 PM
congrats on buying something. i got a red car when i wanted black, but to me it just didnt matter as much as the 3+ week wait, and the only blk one i could find not only was used, but threw a CEL on test drive. so i opted for red, and kinda rushed the deal. (dumb) i paid 22k for a 29k sticker, but after researching more, i shoulda been able to get it for 19~21k. o well. live n learn.

Turbo-Triumph
07-17-2010, 02:53 PM
oh, lol, and dodge marketed the car as "fastest car for under 20k", which is a freakin lie. new the base was 22k, i called a few dealers.

lordairgtar
07-17-2010, 08:06 PM
I thought all new chevy's had 5 year/100k powertrain?
is the 4 year 46k warranty you are referring to a bumper to bumper?

I don't trust just how accurate those sensors are anyway. My driver information center on the tbss gives me a readout of each sensor. My left front keeps going low (reads in at 25psi) however when I stick manual gauges right on the valve stem cap, I get readings of about 33-35psi, which is right where they should be.
It's bumper to bumper and I guess any electronic sensor on consumer goods could be suspect. It's not like they are calibrated to exacting standards. I was out on the road today driving all over and the sensors all read the same. Interesting to see down the road, though. The car is getting rave reviews form those who see it and have said the color red just looks better than the blue. Staring at it will fry your retinas!:D:wooo

hrsp
07-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Congrats!! pics?

Yooformula
07-19-2010, 10:37 PM
back on topic. congrats on the new car purchase.

this thread needed some cleaning up so the pissing match over nitrogen can continue in its NEW THREAD (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?p=658210#post658210). nice post Al, next time try choking on vomit before you orally shit on someone in their thread.

88Nightmare
07-20-2010, 05:36 AM
I think I saw the red panel HHR yesterday on 84th and layton. Do you have the smoothie wheels on there?

lordairgtar
07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
No I do not, but I know the one you are talking about.

Russ Jerome
07-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Im in my 4th dealership in SE WI, work with other dealers daily and Im telling you people dont get into sales because they are bored with brain surgery or working with nuclear physics...they do it because McDonalds scaled them back and the position was open. Any up charges we have here is because the sales guy didnt read the invoice or just spaced out what was in stock.

Things I've had to do because sales men screwed up: re geared 32 tandem axle Century trucks because he checked 3.73 instead of 4.10 on a fleet order. Added air ride cab suspension because somehow he deleted an Internation STANDARD option the truck was equiped with.....over 20 truck order! Pre delivery inspection of 120 Freigtliner semi trucks (4hrs each) only to have customer say "hey what the hell is this I orderd all Detroit 60 series trucks not Cummins M series?". You dont go thru college to get into sale, not do you need a criminal record just a willingness to wander around sniffing for a sale. There are smart guys and girls in service, just not the bulk of the heard.

lordairgtar
07-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Well jerome, I bought a little itty bitty truck, not those big rigs bought by the fleet. I could see where that could create a big problem if the order was wrong when buying 20 rigs.

Russ Jerome
07-22-2010, 01:00 AM
If fleet sales totaling millions go that bad, single low percentage sales are far more likely to be pushed thru without concern. Technicaly the 17 million dollar sale should be of great concern, your $1300 over cost is'nt raising a lot of eyebrows when they drop the ball.

srt4eh
07-22-2010, 01:14 PM
oh, lol, and dodge marketed the car as "fastest car for under 20k", which is a freakin lie. new the base was 22k, i called a few dealers.

what car are you speaking of? I know they marketed the Neon SRT-4 as the fastest car under 20k....my sticker shows $19,995 which makes their statement true. :headbang