PDA

View Full Version : why a sign and trade...????

hrsp
07-10-2010, 01:43 AM
why would the heat want to do a sign and trade for bosch and james? so they can get the 6th year on there contract but they had to give up ATON of first round picks to do it...why not just sign as a free agent for 5yr and 95mil? they kinda fucked themselves for the next 5years of drafting a decent player...

can anyone make sense of this?

Karps TA
07-10-2010, 10:39 AM
It's not the Heat wanting it, it's the other team and the player. Player can make more money, old team gets something in return. New team gets the player they want. Price of doing business.

hrsp
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
i know that but if lebron and bosch are so worried about "winning" then could have just signed 5yr deals and there new team would have all of there draft picks...oh well not my team so i dont care fuck the heat!!!lol

Karps TA
07-12-2010, 03:49 PM
But if they win, they are talking late 1st round drafts picks, which in the NBA doesn't mean shit anyways. Pretty much the only picks worth a shit is the lottery picks.

The cap space and ability to sign veterans for cheap who just want a ring, means alot more.

hrsp
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
regardless if they signed 5 or 6 year deals the cap space for this year would have been identical...and i know they "expect" to be very good so there picks would be late but thats your only chance at getting young talent to try and grow with the superstars...plus with the rookie cap they are cheap...

just like every sport though some lottos picks or high picks BUST and some late first or even late round picks become very good...