PDA

View Full Version : Review: Dynomax VT

LIL EVO
07-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I rarely, if ever write a review about something, but I am absolutely impressed by this one.

Dynomax VT muffler
http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=vt

There is ZERO buzz, rumble, hum, or headache inducing drone while idling or cruising at any RPM. It sounds and feels like a stock exhaust in the cabin.

The muffler opens wide up at WOT and I have not noticed any loss of performance compared to my old 3" Borla straight thru.

They are around $100 online and there is a mail in rebate for $25 so you get it for $75 which is not bad.

I happened to be on HWY 100 the past couple days and both days WAPD's finest happened to pull right next to me at a stop light, windows down. I took off like normal and no longer have that sinking feeling in my gut about being pulled over.

They drove past without a second glance.

Nix
07-09-2010, 10:44 PM
What kind of car do you have it installed on?

LIL EVO
07-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Built 2.0L 4G63 Eclipse motor, GT35R, big cams

Gregor
07-09-2010, 11:14 PM
that is impressive. Turbos require a flow thru muffler to run at peak performance. But with noise/drone they can make it often be very annoying on the street. Sounds like you have the best at both worlds.

JOHN 86GT
07-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Do they have a warranty? Wondering how long the spring will last.

JOHN 86GT
07-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Limited Lifetime Warranty (limited to qualifying DynoMax® products only)
Tenneco Inc. warrants qualifying DynoMax® products against defects and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such original purchaser owns the vehicle on which they were originally installed.

CobaltSSTuner
07-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I have heard nothing but amazing feedback on these mufflers....