PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody paint?

loud91rs
07-02-2004, 09:04 AM
I need my car painted, 98 dodge avenger, all body work will be done, and i will do the d/a ing and everything if needed. it's just a base coat clear coat, and i can buy the paint myself(crossfire line of martin senior) at napa because i get a discount. the car is indy red, which is bright red. it's just a basic base coat clear coat. we can probably scuff the clear up on the car and seal it, so we won't even have to prime it. what i'm looking for is a guy out of his garage or something. i don't need a top notch paint job but i want it to look ok(no runs, maybe a little dust, etc) i posted on the other forum but i don't think anybody looks at that one so that's why i'm posting it on here. thanks!

Sexy83TA
07-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Well, if your looking for someone to do it in a gurage I can suggest someone for you. This man works outta his shop in Waukesha and he repainted my front end for me 2 months back. Hes painted several cars that I've seen and they seem pretty nice. If you take a close look you can see small imprefections and such, but thats to be expected since he cant control the dust. He wont give it back to you with any runs in it though. But he charges really really well. If you don't get any other suggestions give this guy a call.

His names Dean and his cell # is 262-894-2503. Tell him you got his name from Heather.

loud91rs
07-02-2004, 10:23 AM
sounds like he's exactly what i've been looking for. i'm going to have to give him a call soon, thanks a lot!

Sexy83TA
07-02-2004, 11:00 AM
:) You're very welcome

pOrk
07-06-2004, 04:23 PM
I could spray it for yah, since it seems thats all your looking for. Otherwise Crash could do it too...

loud91rs
07-07-2004, 04:57 PM
well if i were to prep the body, da with 220 grit, and even tape or help tape everythign off, how much would you do it for and how decent of a job? i'll buy the paint. it's red, 98 dodge avenger. thanks.

Lash
07-07-2004, 05:15 PM
hmmm... my dad paints cars (body work too)... not sure if he wants any side work though. I could check for ya. Shouldn't be too bad since your doing the prep work. He'd do it out of his garage in New Berlin.

loud91rs
07-07-2004, 06:22 PM
sounds good, if he could help me out that would be great. ask him how much he would want for it if he did want the side job. thanks.

Lash
07-07-2004, 06:34 PM
no prob. I tried to call him but he wasn't home. I let ya know.

was the car in an accident....what parts had body work done?

loud91rs
07-07-2004, 07:09 PM
well here's the story, i needed a winter beater, and figured an avenger wouldn't be bad so i bought one that got hit in the front. it needed: headlights, hood, radiator, ac condensor, core support, and front bumper. since a stock front bumper is like $300 i bought a decent looking body kit for it, nothing that stands out too much. the hood stock is $400, so i bought a carbon fiber hood(won't be painting it), and the fenders that came with the car are a diff. color, so i figured why not just paint the whole car so it all matches with all the body parts that need to be painted. it needs a little body work on the doors, but that's about it for dents. hopefully everything will be ready to go within the next two weeks. thanks again.

Lash
07-07-2004, 07:13 PM
I was just wondering because he can match paint pretty good.... so if he only paints the pannels that need to be painted it would probably save a god amount of $.

It's up to you :) Just depends on how beater you want your beater to be.

pOrk
07-08-2004, 01:45 AM
If you do just the panels - it will be prolly 400 bucks with paint.

I would spray the whole car for free - but I dont have the time righ tnow so I really shouldn't have offered. When do you want this done by? If you promise to take good care of my gun - I will show you how to use it. Nothing to it, its all in the prep work...

loud91rs
07-08-2004, 07:52 AM
i would be doing it myself but where i work on my car (a storage unit) there isn't enough power out there to handle a compressor, even if i had one big enough to do the job. i'll see what happens, take a better look at the car and see how much body work is needed. it would be a few weeks when i want the job done. thanks everybody, and any other ideas i would love to hear them.