PDA

View Full Version : Woman open carrys in Brookfield Church, kicked out, arrested

LIL EVO
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Surprised this wasn't up yet.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/98018079.html

Chuch people got scared, call police, police arrest her for transporting a loaded weapon (she had it in a case on her passenger seat) and now the church is putting up signs banning guns.

-stew-
07-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah. Its some fag friendly unitarian church. They preach all this diversity bullshit, but sopme one walks in they don't agree with and they call the fucking cops. Classy.

pOrk
07-08-2010, 10:22 PM
It was loaded in the zip case? Her bad.

Silver350
07-08-2010, 10:43 PM
And it is another person that is on opencarry.org.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?77553-MKE-Gal-needs-help-with-a-lawyer

I don't understand why you would take a gun to church to prove a point but what ever happens is it sounds like the cops arrested her because it was in a firearm case and the police arrested her because it was in a case and not in plain view, however that is what they are saying and the news was saying the fire arm is loaded. I hope that if she is innocent that the charges are dropped.

Knyghtmare
07-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Brookfield cops are fucking tools first of all.

Second of all she should have been smarter about transporting it properly. Its one thing to make a point, but its another to become the point for being a little unresponsible.

Russ Jerome
07-08-2010, 10:52 PM
It may be the law but an "unloaded" weapon is as dangerous as a twin turbo 842 Lingenfelter Vet with an empty tank. Unloaded gun is like defending yourself with a 2# rock, better keep beating the guy till he stops breathing.

Im interseted in the woman with balls enough to not only roll out in public with a sidearm but strait into a church?

Knyghtmare
07-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Im interseted in the woman with balls enough to not only roll out in public with a sidearm but strait into a church?

How old and is she single? :rolf

Russ Jerome
07-09-2010, 12:22 AM
How old and is she single? :rolf

Whats single got to do with it :) Her old man aint messing with her!

TheRX7Project
07-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Whats single got to do with it :) Her old man aint messing with her!

:rolf :rolf

VroomPshhTsi
07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Woman wakes up and thinks to herself, "I want to prove a point that I can open carry if I want."
Congratulations you're arrested and ticketed, have a nice day :loser

Rocket Power
07-09-2010, 09:00 AM
http://www.wisn.com/news/24192272/detail.html

“I hope more people will realize that, as the attorney general says, openly carrying a weapon is legal,” the woman said.

Well if you're going to talk about things being legal, maybe you should not transport your LOADED gun in your car since that NOT legal.
Way to prove your point lady:rolleyes:

Karps TA
07-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Personally I would feel extremely uncomfortable with someone walking into a church with a gun. Especially considering the amount of times some nutjob has shot up a church.

She made her point though. She's a horrible decision maker, and probably not someone that should be carrying a gun.

pOrk
07-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Personally I would feel extremely uncomfortable with someone walking into a church with a gun. Especially considering the amount of times some nutjob has shot up a church.

She made her point though. She's a horrible decision maker, and probably not someone that should be carrying a gun.

Sounds like the comment damn near every wi or illinois resident would make, everyone is so scared of guns around these parts its ridiculous

Karps TA
07-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Not scared of guns at all. Scared of dumb people carrying guns who make poor decisions.

And if she opened fire on the church members people would be asking why was she allowed into the church with it, and why weren't the police called immediately.

-stew-
07-09-2010, 10:00 AM

How many times has some nutjob shot up a church? I bet you can't find ten can't find ten church shootings in the last ten years. And if this happens a lot, why wouldn't you wanna me armed?

Karps TA
07-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Google church shooting once. I see 3 so far this year. CA, TN, and KC had them. There was one in Brookfield a couple years ago. Happens alot more then you think. Church's already tend to have lots of nut jobs in them.

I don't go to church, so they can shoot themselves all they want. What I said is I can understand why the people there would be made uncomfortable about the situation. Especially the way the woman handled it. She was pretty blatant about the whole thing, which would make normal people a little uneasy.

Korndogg
07-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I bet you can't find ten can't find ten

Let me break out a beat while you rhyme.

Silver350
07-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Well technically the one in Brookfield wasnt at a church it was at a hotel.

I have to say there is really no reason to carry a gun into a church. If that person is so afraid then they should stay home.

HP ADDICT
07-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I remember when the doors to churches used to be unlocked even at night...now you gotta carry a loaded handgun to feel safe in one lol. This chick is a tool.

-stew-
07-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Let me break out a beat while you rhyme.

It's tricky to rock a rhyme.

70 cutlass 442
07-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Google church shooting once. I see 3 so far this year. CA, TN, and KC had them. There was one in Brookfield a couple years ago. Happens alot more then you think. Church's already tend to have lots of nut jobs in them.

I don't go to church, so they can shoot themselves all they want. What I said is I can understand why the people there would be made uncomfortable about the situation. Especially the way the woman handled it. She was pretty blatant about the whole thing, which would make normal people a little uneasy.

What if one of those victims of these church shootings was carrying a fire arm and able to defend them selves?

TraceDaddy
07-13-2010, 08:35 AM
She has the right to open carry and the church has a right to say "Not in our house." It's a private institution. No one will be bringing a loaded gun into my home either.

u_say_go
07-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Not scared of guns at all. Scared of dumb people carrying guns who make poor decisions.

And if she opened fire on the church members people would be asking why was she allowed into the church with it, and why weren't the police called immediately.

excellent point!
Most of you who are all for open carry and pro gun this, and pro gun that...I'm sure not one of you open carry. And if you did, you wouldn't do a thing when shit hits the fan. Everyone talks tough, but when you're faced with the reality of actually pulling the trigger on someone, you couldn't do it.
Stupid broad should be locked up for carrying a gun into church, dumb bitch

pOrk
07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Lol, come into my house wielding a gun and I have no problem shooting your ass dead, go ahead and try it and we will give that theory of yours a test.

u_say_go
07-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Lol, come into my house wielding a gun and I have no problem shooting your ass dead, go ahead and try it and we will give that theory of yours a test.
ever shoot someone before?

Karps TA
07-13-2010, 09:19 AM
People like to believe they will be Clint Eastwood when the shit goes down. That they'll be calm, cool and collective. But the reality of the situation is that isn't true. Look at police shoot outs, and how many bullets they fire without hitting anything. And they have training. Not just shooting bottles on a fence or cardboard cutouts or cause you kick ass at FPS on the Xbox.

The problem I have with open carry laws is escalation of events that could be maybe dealt with differently. Not every situation where someone pulls a gun, is there shots fired. But if another person pulls a gun trying to be a hero, well now there's a good chance for bullets to be flying around. And that's when innocent people get hurt.

I just don't trust the average person enough to know when to take that shot. I see more people running away and firing blindly unfortunately and making bad situations even worse.

Again I'm not anti-guns, I'm anti-people.

Bart H
07-13-2010, 09:21 AM

I am with pork, wouldn't think twice to protect my family.

Plus all the years of playing FPS games has taken it's toll.:rolf

u_say_go
07-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I am with pork, wouldn't think twice to protect my family.

Plus all the years of playing FPS games has taken it's toll.:rolf
I know who you are....and from what I've heard (from doug trapp), yeah, you probably would be one of the few who would bust a cap in someone. :rolf

GHOSST
07-13-2010, 11:02 AM

Thats classified.

Bart H
07-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I know who you are....and from what I've heard (from doug trapp), yeah, you probably would be one of the few who would bust a cap in someone. :rolf

Yes the stories from Bart past.

Silver350
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
excellent point!
Most of you who are all for open carry and pro gun this, and pro gun that...I'm sure not one of you open carry. And if you did, you wouldn't do a thing when shit hits the fan. Everyone talks tough, but when you're faced with the reality of actually pulling the trigger on someone, you couldn't do it.
Stupid broad should be locked up for carrying a gun into church, dumb bitch

Reason why I dont open carry is that I dont want to deal with the police if someone calls them for MWG. Although many times I have thought about it at night when I take my dog for a walk. Not because I am afraid of the area or the people in the area Its more for some of the animals that I have seen. I have seen Deer and a coyote in my area and the coyote probably look at my dog as an apitizer.

If someone breaks in my apartment chances are I wont shoot unless I absoutly have to. Reason why I wont shoot is because I dont want to miss and hit my dog or my neighbor. I am just going to A. try to get out of my apartment or B. sit in my room praying to god that they dont come into my room and force me to defend myself.

I dont fault the woman for open carrying. It is her right to do so but why didnt she make sure that her gun was not loaded before she drove off. That was the only thing I think was stupid on her part.

Old Dog
07-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I had a shooting instructor that emphasized that a gun is nothing more than a tool; the definition being “A tool is a device that can be used to produce or achieve something”. If you accept this definition, you know that tools serve a specific purpose. You wouldn’t take an impact wrench to church just because you have the right to do it, would you? So why take a gun to church, especially in Brookfield. If you are going into a crap area of Milwaukee to collect rent, strap on a gun. At least you have a legitimate reason for carrying one.
I don’t see people like this as doing gun owners a favor by proving they can carry a gun anywhere they want. I am pro-gun, but anti-idiot.

fivonut
07-14-2010, 12:18 AM

I've had a man's heart in my cross hairs before. Some idiot felt venison was more important than my life and decided to spray lead at it not caring that I was also in his path. Although I did not take his life, I didn't feel a bit of hesitation at the prospect of doing so. Have you ever heard the zing of bullet as it flies past your head??

People like to believe they will be Clint Eastwood when the shit goes down. That they'll be calm, cool and collective. But the reality of the situation is that isn't true. Look at police shoot outs, and how many bullets they fire without hitting anything. And they have training. Not just shooting bottles on a fence or cardboard cutouts or cause you kick ass at FPS on the Xbox.

The problem I have with open carry laws is escalation of events that could be maybe dealt with differently. Not every situation where someone pulls a gun, is there shots fired. But if another person pulls a gun trying to be a hero, well now there's a good chance for bullets to be flying around. And that's when innocent people get hurt.

I just don't trust the average person enough to know when to take that shot. I see more people running away and firing blindly unfortunately and making bad situations even worse.

Again I'm not anti-guns, I'm anti-people.

At least know what you're talking about before you condemn it. First, there are no open carry laws. It's because there are no laws that it is assumed it is legal to do. It is assumed to be legal because our states constitution guarantees us the right to bear arms for (among other things) self defense. There ARE laws on the books that prohibit concealed carry. So, if one chooses to excersize their right to self protection, their only choice in this state is to openly carry. It's not for you to decide under what circumstances they excercise that right, and if you don't like it I suggest you start writing to your representatives to get a concealed carry bill passed. Specifically, one that would require the kind of training that would teach a civilian when and where the time is right to excercise deadly force.

If you wish to play roulette with your life then so be it. But, if a person pulls a gun on me I can only assume they intend on using it. Drawing a weapon in an attempt to intimidate your attacker is foolish. If I draw in return you can bet your ass I won't be hesitating to pull the trigger. Anything less and you're playing foolish games with your life and that is the point of the right to bear arms in self protection. Anything less and that weapon better remain holstered.

So, in the event that a criminal ever pulls a gun on you, you can either be prepared to defend your right to life or you can play roulette and hope that you win this time because the police don't do anything but clean up after the mess.

fivonut
07-14-2010, 12:42 AM
I had a shooting instructor that emphasized that a gun is nothing more than a tool; the definition being “A tool is a device that can be used to produce or achieve something”. If you accept this definition, you know that tools serve a specific purpose. You wouldn’t take an impact wrench to church just because you have the right to do it, would you? So why take a gun to church, especially in Brookfield. If you are going into a crap area of Milwaukee to collect rent, strap on a gun. At least you have a legitimate reason for carrying one.
I don’t see people like this as doing gun owners a favor by proving they can carry a gun anywhere they want. I am pro-gun, but anti-idiot.

Interesting, you start off great and end with the wrong conclusion. Everything you come into contact with throughout your day is a tool. It's what us human beings are best known for. Our ability to make and use tools. A car is a tool for transportation, a pen is a tool for communication, a phone is also a tool for communication, a credit card is a tool for commerce.

Do you carry your wallet into church? Why? You're not going to church to pay bills.

Do you carry your cell phone into church? Why? Are you intending on using it to communicate? Well, maybe you carry it on the off chance you need to use it to communicate.

And what if, on the off chance, you need to protect your life. What tool would you use in church then? Your phone to call the police? They only clean up messes, by the time they get there the show's over (keep in mind they are not even legally obligated to get there at all). Are you going to cower in a corner while your friends and fellow sheep are gunned down in cold blood? Would you use a tool to defend their right to live? But, what tool?

Those of you who think she was foolish to open carry are all alike. Full of worst case scenarios. If your life does not mean enough to defend with deadly force then excercise your right to be a helpless victim. DO NOT, tell me and others like me when and where we can and cannot excersice our RIGHT to defend ours and the lives of those we love.

Now, feel free to tell me I'm full of worst case scenarios too. The difference between all of you and myself is that in my worst case I'm prepared, in your worst case, you're lambs to the slaughter.

pOrk
07-14-2010, 05:06 AM
interesting, you start off great and end with the wrong conclusion. Everything you come into contact with throughout your day is a tool. It's what us human beings are best known for. Our ability to make and use tools. A car is a tool for transportation, a pen is a tool for communication, a phone is also a tool for communication, a credit card is a tool for commerce.

Do you carry your wallet into church? Why? You're not going to church to pay bills.

Do you carry your cell phone into church? Why? Are you intending on using it to communicate? Well, maybe you carry it on the off chance you need to use it to communicate.

And what if, on the off chance, you need to protect your life. What tool would you use in church then? Your phone to call the police? They only clean up messes, by the time they get there the show's over (keep in mind they are not even legally obligated to get there at all). Are you going to cower in a corner while your friends and fellow sheep are gunned down in cold blood? Would you use a tool to defend their right to live? But, what tool?

Those of you who think she was foolish to open carry are all alike. Full of worst case scenarios. If your life does not mean enough to defend with deadly force then excercise your right to be a helpless victim. Do not, tell me and others like me when and where we can and cannot excersice our right to defend ours and the lives of those we love.

Now, feel free to tell me i'm full of worst case scenarios too. The difference between all of you and myself is that in my worst case i'm prepared, in your worst case, you're lambs to the slaughter.

a+

emptypockets
07-14-2010, 05:43 AM
As stated above there is no point to carry a firearm if you are not ready to use it, if you cant stomache pulling the trigger, then sell all your firearms to me because you dont need them. I can tell that this guy Fivonut has a strong passion for our firearms rights as I do and I would do anything in my power to protect that right. Including do my part to help this woman out as long as when the whole story comes, she was indeed not guilty of breaking any real laws. From what I can tell, there is still alot of confusion regarding the firearm actually being loaded when she was stopped. Once that is cleared up officially i will take my stance on this. If the firearm was loaded, the officers are still guilty of an illegal search and seizure from what I can see as they had no reason other then hearsay to pull this woman over. But regardless of that, if the gun was loaded, it was being transported illegally and she did deserve to be arrested. This case will come down to black and white, especially in this state. I await to see what charges are filed against her as from what I can tell, none have been yet. (let me know if im missing somthing)

A question was asked earlier if someone has ever shot someone, my answer to this is yes. I spent the last 24 years working for uncle sam and have been involved in just about every little conflict we have had since. Iraq/iran, somalia, haiti, kosovo, and afghanistan are a few of the places that ive encountered the need to return fire, you can bet your ass I wont hesitate to do it on my native soil. The wisconsin supporters for open carry are always organizing open carry events. With BCM's support, we should do the same. Id like to get to know you guys anyways!

Rocket Power
07-14-2010, 12:51 PM
If the firearm was loaded, the officers are still guilty of an illegal search and seizure from what I can see as they had no reason other then hearsay to pull this woman over.
Illegal Search? It was on the seat of her car, in plain view.

Hearsay? Wouldn't that mean they couldn't respond to ANY call for service, because every time someone calls the PD it would be the same amount of hearsay?

Like it or not open carry is going to attract attention, alot of it negative. If you choose to do it that is just reality. Live with it or don't do it.

emptypockets
07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Illegal Search? It was on the seat of her car, in plain view.

Hearsay? Wouldn't that mean they couldn't respond to ANY call for service, because every time someone calls the PD it would be the same amount of hearsay?

Like it or not open carry is going to attract attention, alot of it negative. If you choose to do it that is just reality. Live with it or don't do it.

Illegal search, although the jury is still out on weather the firearm was loaded, it was from what I can tell cased. A firearm case laying on a seat is not a crime in itself and does not warrant a search of the vehicle. It would be different if it was just sitting out in plain sight with a round in the chamber.

As far as hearsay is concerned, the church goers that contacted the police reported a woman carrying a firearm out in the open. The firearm was visible and being carried within her legal rights. The police had absolutly no reason to pull her over based on that complaint alone. She did not threaten anyone and did not brandish the weapon in a threatening manor.

Just hoping that the gun wasnt truly loaded, because if it was, its just going to add more fuel to the fire. Ignorant and stupid people that open carry do nothing but hurt the rest of us.

Like i said, im awaiting charges being filed before I take a side on this one. :thumbsup

tommyt5078
07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Interesting, you start off great and end with the wrong conclusion. Everything you come into contact with throughout your day is a tool. It's what us human beings are best known for. Our ability to make and use tools. A car is a tool for transportation, a pen is a tool for communication, a phone is also a tool for communication, a credit card is a tool for commerce.

Those of you who think she was foolish to open carry are all alike. Full of worst case scenarios. If your life does not mean enough to defend with deadly force then excercise your right to be a helpless victim. DO NOT, tell me and others like me when and where we can and cannot excersice our RIGHT to defend ours and the lives of those we love.

Now, feel free to tell me I'm full of worst case scenarios too. The difference between all of you and myself is that in my worst case I'm prepared, in your worst case, you're lambs to the slaughter.

Ok red one, is you also came to the wrong conclusion, red two I don't have to say it but you are full of worst case.

Anyway why is a gun your tool of choice? Some poeple can defend themself with hands and not guns, but anyway this lady is a TOOL :rolf

fivonut
07-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Ok red one, is you also came to the wrong conclusion, red two I don't have to say it but you are full of worst case.

Anyway why is a gun your tool of choice? Some poeple can defend themself with hands and not guns, but anyway this lady is a TOOL :rolf

Riiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttt because YOUR hands can stop bullets.:punch:

Taetsch Z-24
07-14-2010, 07:27 PM

Why, so If someone crazy does walk in, you can, ahhh

SHOOT BACK?

Old Dog
07-15-2010, 04:26 PM
FIVONUT
I wasn’t drawing a conclusion, rather stating my opinion regarding this incident. While both of us are pro-gun, we have different views when it comes to justifying the need to carry a gun. Rather than worry about the “worst case scenario”, I try to look at the reality of how we are likely to meet our demise. I have attached excerpts from a recent government study to support my way of thinking. The CDC published this list of “Leading causes of death in the US”. The top 4 causes of death are health related. In fact, 12 of the top 15 causes of death are health related. Cause #5 on the list is accidental death, such as car accidents, falls, etc. Cause #11 is suicide. That’s interesting; you are more likely to kill yourself than to be killed by someone else, which is #15 on the list.
With 12 of the top 15 causes of death being health related, I feel that a person’s lifestyle, diet, nutrition, habits, etc. will likely contribute to their longevity more so than carrying a gun. Just my opinion and a few facts to support it.
The 15 leading causes of death in 2007 were:
1 Diseases of heart (heart disease)
2 Malignant neoplasms (cancer)
3 Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke)
4 Chronic lower respiratory diseases
5 Accidents (unintentional injuries)
6 Alzheimer’s disease
7 Diabetes mellitus (diabetes)
8 Influenza and pneumonia
9 Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease)
10 Septicemia
11 Intentional self-harm (suicide)
12 Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
13 Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease (hypertension)
14 Parkinson’s disease
15 Assault (homicide)

fivonut
07-15-2010, 05:36 PM
FIVONUT
I wasn’t drawing a conclusion, rather stating my opinion regarding this incident. While both of us are pro-gun, we have different views when it comes to justifying the need to carry a gun. Rather than worry about the “worst case scenario”, I try to look at the reality of how we are likely to meet our demise. I have attached excerpts from a recent government study to support my way of thinking. The CDC published this list of “Leading causes of death in the US”. The top 4 causes of death are health related. In fact, 12 of the top 15 causes of death are health related. Cause #5 on the list is accidental death, such as car accidents, falls, etc. Cause #11 is suicide. That’s interesting; you are more likely to kill yourself than to be killed by someone else, which is #15 on the list.
With 12 of the top 15 causes of death being health related, I feel that a person’s lifestyle, diet, nutrition, habits, etc. will likely contribute to their longevity more so than carrying a gun. Just my opinion and a few facts to support it.
The 15 leading causes of death in 2007 were:
1 Diseases of heart (heart disease)
2 Malignant neoplasms (cancer)
3 Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke)
4 Chronic lower respiratory diseases
5 Accidents (unintentional injuries)
6 Alzheimer’s disease
7 Diabetes mellitus (diabetes)
8 Influenza and pneumonia
9 Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease)
10 Septicemia
11 Intentional self-harm (suicide)
12 Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
13 Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease (hypertension)
14 Parkinson’s disease
15 Assault (homicide)

I prefer to take a proactive approach. There's methods to protect yourself from health risks, methods to protect yourself from accidents, and methods to prevent suicide. You wouldn't hesitate to use any of those methods of protection, why are you so against the use of a method to protect yourself from #15.

No method is 100% effective, not all diets, excersise, and drugs are guaranteed to prevent health risks, seatbelts and airbags aren't guaranteed to prevent death in the event of an accident, safety glasses don't prevent all eye injuries, harneses and ropes don't prevent all falls. Psychologists and close friends don't prevent all suicides. Guns won't prevent all assaults, but they will prevent more assaults than no guns. Study after study shows that as states have adopted "shall issue" carry laws their crime rates have dropped.

I take a prescription daily to help with my hypertension, if Wisconsin wasn't so anti-gun, I'd carry daily to help with my personal safety.

Taetsch Z-24
07-16-2010, 09:30 AM
I view it as any other tool.

Reference the fire extinguisher, something that you not only want around, but want to keep "loaded" around.

I will not prevent a fire; it may not even stop a fire,

But I rather have one, and Fight the fire in hopes of stopping a fire, then find myself in a fire and not have it.

But yes, as it would seem we are all on the same page here.

LIL EVO
07-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Open carried in a busy family packed woodmans in oak creek yesterday afternoon. No issues.

fivonut
07-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Open carried in a busy family packed woodmans in oak creek yesterday afternoon. No issues.

I heard babies died in Africa because you carried a gun!!!

Taetsch Z-24
07-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Also the news that my SUV caused all the ice caps on Mars to go away!

70 cutlass 442
07-18-2010, 07:27 PM
I view it as any other tool.

Reference the fire extinguisher, something that you not only want around, but want to keep "loaded" around.

I will not prevent a fire; it may not even stop a fire,

But I rather have one, and Fight the fire in hopes of stopping a fire, then find myself in a fire and not have it.

But yes, as it would seem we are all on the same page here.

This is the shittiest analogy i think I have ever heard. Im in favor of CCW, or OC, but whens the last time a fire extinguisher killed someone on accident? have you ever heard of someone being killed by a stray fire extinguisher discharge? or how about it accidentally going off while cleaning it?

0TransAm0
07-18-2010, 07:39 PM

we had a guy carrying a nice 9mm in PNS the other day. store director made him leave. or at least put it in his car. i didn't see a problem with it. but i guess he did...

05caddyext
07-18-2010, 07:45 PM
I don't believe anyone should be allowed to own a gun. I also don't believe that the constituion gives us the right to do so. I know I will take a lot of heat for this statement, but it's how I honestly feel about the subject. However with that being said, I know that it is a "right" that could never be taken away. That would cause armageddon, which is my "proof" that people shouldn't be allowed to own guns. People that "legally" own them would probably kill to protect that right, which is rediculous. You claim you need a gun for protection, when it is almost a certainty that 99.9% of us will never be attacked. And if you were, and the criminal didn't have guns either, there wouldn't be as many attacks.

emptypockets
07-18-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't believe anyone should be allowed to own a gun. I also don't believe that the constituion gives us the right to do so. I know I will take a lot of heat for this statement, but it's how I honestly feel about the subject. However with that being said, I know that it is a "right" that could never be taken away. That would cause armageddon, which is my "proof" that people shouldn't be allowed to own guns. People that "legally" own them would probably kill to protect that right, which is rediculous. You claim you need a gun for protection, when it is almost a certainty that 99.9% of us will never be attacked. And if you were, and the criminal didn't have guns either, there wouldn't be as many attacks.

You should just move to canada and live with the rest of the floppy headed liberals. :thumbsup

fivonut
07-18-2010, 07:54 PM
This is the shittiest analogy i think I have ever heard. Im in favor of CCW, or OC, but whens the last time a fire extinguisher killed someone on accident? have you ever heard of someone being killed by a stray fire extinguisher discharge? or how about it accidentally going off while cleaning it?

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_national_story_skin/504604%3Fformat=html

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-71262975/faulty-fire-extinguisher-kills.html

http://www.tpromo2.com/ssmag/fire/exting.htm

fivonut
07-18-2010, 07:58 PM

You need to explain this further because both the US constitution and the State of Wisconsin constitution guarantee us that right.

70 cutlass 442
07-18-2010, 08:04 PM
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_national_story_skin/504604%3Fformat=html

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-71262975/faulty-fire-extinguisher-kills.html

http://www.tpromo2.com/ssmag/fire/exting.htm

that is interesting. Im surprised someone actually tried to use a soda extinguisher like the old guy did in the last article. But lets look at reality, for every one "death by fire extinguisher" article that you find, how many are there about accidental deaths related to firearms? If there is going to be an analogy made, at least try to keep it realistic.

fivonut
07-18-2010, 08:15 PM
that is interesting. Im surprised someone actually tried to use a soda extinguisher like the old guy did in the last article. But lets look at reality, for every one "death by fire extinguisher" article that you find, how many are there about accidental deaths related to firearms? If there is going to be an analogy made, at least try to keep it realistic.

Let's go deaper than that. The articles I found were of deaths caused by improper use or storage. So, let's compare apples to apples. How many death due to improper use or storage of firearms or fire extinguishers can we find.

Anybody who dies cleaning a gun is doing it wrong. The first step to properly cleaning any gun is to make sure it is unloaded and the chamber is empty. If done properly it's impossible to kill yourself or someone else while cleaning a gun.

Any child who kills themselves or a friend while handling thei parents guns have parents who improperly stored a firearm. It' a violation of federal law to store a loaded firearm where any child under 18 can get to it. Further more, all firearms should be stored a safe distance from ammunition. If these steps are followed it's impossible for any child to accidentally kill themselves or anyone else accidentally with a firearm.

Like any other accident, all accidental firearms deaths are due to misuse. The answer is not to get rid of guns, the answer is to educate users about safe operation.

His analogy of a fire extinguisher was dead on. You keep one nearby for when you need it. If stored or handled improperly it can cause death. Same thing with a firearm. You keep one nearby for when you need one. If stored or handled improperly it will cause death.

70 cutlass 442
07-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Let's go deaper than that. The articles I found were of deaths caused by improper use or storage. So, let's compare apples to apples. How many death due to improper use or storage of firearms or fire extinguishers can we find.

Anybody who dies cleaning a gun is doing it wrong. The first step to properly cleaning any gun is to make sure it is unloaded and the chamber is empty. If done properly it's impossible to kill yourself or someone else while cleaning a gun.

Any child who kills themselves or a friend while handling thei parents guns have parents who improperly stored a firearm. It' a violation of federal law to store a loaded firearm where any child under 18 can get to it. Further more, all firearms should be stored a safe distance from ammunition. If these steps are followed it's impossible for any child to accidentally kill themselves or anyone else accidentally with a firearm.

Like any other accident, all accidental firearms deaths are due to misuse. The answer is not to get rid of guns, the answer is to educate users about safe operation.

His analogy of a fire extinguisher was dead on. You keep one nearby for when you need it. If stored or handled improperly it can cause death. Same thing with a firearm. You keep one nearby for when you need one. If stored or handled improperly it will cause death.

that extinguisher is not traveling at 1100 FPS or more, nor will it travel 100's or 1000's of feet where it could potentially strike an innocent bystander across the street. only one of your stories puritans to improper storage or handling. the first one was an unsecured one that broke the valve off, which just like any other compressed air cylinder, will take off like a rocket.... the second one was a failure do to corrosion, which means that it should have been decommissioned years earlier... and the third one was simply a case of the user not knowing any better about the harmful vapors it would produce. I agree with you on your argument that a firearm can and should be viewed as a tool, but the chances of handling a firearm in a harmful manner is much more likely then a fire extinguisher.

fivonut
07-18-2010, 09:11 PM
that extinguisher is not traveling at 1100 FPS or more, nor will it travel 100's or 1000's of feet where it could potentially strike an innocent bystander across the street. only one of your stories puritans to improper storage or handling. the first one was an unsecured one that broke the valve off, which just like any other compressed air cylinder, will take off like a rocket.... the second one was a failure do to corrosion, which means that it should have been decommissioned years earlier... and the third one was simply a case of the user not knowing any better about the harmful vapors it would produce. I agree with you on your argument that a firearm can and should be viewed as a tool, but the chances of handling a firearm in a harmful manner is much more likely then a fire extinguisher.

and yet we allow firemen into our grade schools to teach children about fire safety which includes proper use of fire extinguishers, but we don't allow anyone into our grade schools to teach children firearm safety and proper use of a firearm.

Like I said, education is the answer not prohibition.

BTW, guns don't travel 1100 FPS or more either. Bullets do. How fast does the chemical in an extinguisher travel???

05caddyext
07-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I equate this to the other thread about gay marriage. I don't have a problem with people owning guns, at least not on principle. However I do have a problem with you walking around on the street with a gun. I am sorry but you don't need a gun to feel safe, if you do then you have a huge problem. Sure if you are walking around in the inner city at 3 am, then you might have a right to feel unsafe, but in the middle of the day in brookfield or wherever else? Yeah, you are much more unsafe driving down the freeway or even on bluemound. But just like everything else that is already legal, it would be impossible to make it illegal. So we may as well arrest stupid people who feel the need to walk around in the streets with guns. And no im not a democrat.

fivonut
07-18-2010, 10:26 PM
I equate this to the other thread about gay marriage. I don't have a problem with people owning guns, at least not on principle. However I do have a problem with you walking around on the street with a gun. I am sorry but you don't need a gun to feel safe, if you do then you have a huge problem. Sure if you are walking around in the inner city at 3 am, then you might have a right to feel unsafe, but in the middle of the day in brookfield or wherever else? Yeah, you are much more unsafe driving down the freeway or even on bluemound. But just like everything else that is already legal, it would be impossible to make it illegal. So we may as well arrest stupid people who feel the need to walk around in the streets with guns. And no im not a democrat.

Let see if I follow your "logic". If I'm walking around the inner city at 3am, and in the event I find myself in a situation that demands I protect my life through the use of deadly force, it's ok. But, if I'm taking a stroll down the sidewalk of utopia and I find myself in a situation that demands I protect my life through the use of deadly force, it's NOT ok.

What exactly is it about guns that make your asshole pucker so tightly?

BTW, you CANNOT be arrested for openly carrying a firearm in public. There's no law against it, therefore it's impossible to be arrested for it.

Old Dog
07-18-2010, 11:25 PM
When it comes to open or concealed carry, I'm sitting on the fence on this one. While I have seen statistics that show that crime can be reduced, I've got to believe that the accident rate would increase in proportion to the number of people handling guns. I have personal experience on a hunting trip where one of our guys dropped a pistol as he was taking off his jacket. That gun scared the crap out of us as it bounced around on the floor. Another guy in our town accidentally shot his mother as he was unloading his handgun to clean it. These are the type of things that make me wonder how the benefit compares to risk or liability.

fivonut
07-18-2010, 11:54 PM
When it comes to open or concealed carry, I'm sitting on the fence on this one. While I have seen statistics that show that crime can be reduced, I've got to believe that the accident rate would increase in proportion to the number of people handling guns. I have personal experience on a hunting trip where one of our guys dropped a pistol as he was taking off his jacket. That gun scared the crap out of us as it bounced around on the floor. Another guy in our town accidentally shot his mother as he was unloading his handgun to clean it. These are the type of things that make me wonder how the benefit compares to risk or liability.

I have 16 firearms in my home. 90% of my friends have 3 or more firearms in their homes. NOT ONE has EVER experienced an accidental discharge or accidentally injured or killed another person.

None of the examples you list involve a firearm securely stored in a holster on someones hip.

05caddyext
07-19-2010, 08:25 AM
The odds of you ever needing to defend yourself in Utopia are my point. And nothing makes my asshole pucker about guns. I have never owned a gun but have several friends who have, and have gone shooting on numerous occasions. And you are correct, there is no law against open carry in public, however every single business owner has the right to say they don't allow it. Churches are not public property in my opinion, someone owns them. Maybe they don't pay taxes on them, and sure you can go in and out as you please, but you can't go everywhere in the church.

I am basically proving a point to myself that people are crazy about this stuff. I am posting here strictly for my entertainment value. Example, the post about moving to Canada, that just make laugh, nothing more. I just picture some 300lb fatass walking around the streets with his little .44 and thinking hes billy badass because hes got a gun on him.

In the end just remember my original question. What do you really need a gun for? If you say its for your protection that's just a joke to me.

fivonut
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
The odds of you ever needing to defend yourself in Utopia are my point. And nothing makes my asshole pucker about guns. I have never owned a gun but have several friends who have, and have gone shooting on numerous occasions. And you are correct, there is no law against open carry in public, however every single business owner has the right to say they don't allow it. Churches are not public property in my opinion, someone owns them. Maybe they don't pay taxes on them, and sure you can go in and out as you please, but you can't go everywhere in the church.

I am basically proving a point to myself that people are crazy about this stuff. I am posting here strictly for my entertainment value. Example, the post about moving to Canada, that just make laugh, nothing more. I just picture some 300lb fatass walking around the streets with his little .44 and thinking hes billy badass because hes got a gun on him.

In the end just remember my original question. What do you really need a gun for? If you say its for your protection that's just a joke to me.

I will change my mind on carrying when you prove to me that the odds of needing one are an impossibility.

"I'd rather have one and not need it, then need one and not have it."

DRK
07-19-2010, 12:28 PM
. Church's already tend to have lots of nut jobs in them.

God please save us from your followers!

What I think is funny is all the people who open carry and think they'll have time to use it in self defense. Do you people think those criminals can't see your gun on your hip and they're going to wait for you to un-holster that beast. Anyone who open carries and specifically in crowded public places is a attention whore not a gun enthusiast or someone worried about protection

fivonut
07-19-2010, 01:30 PM
What I think is funny is all the people who open carry and think they'll have time to use it in self defense. Do you people think those criminals can't see your gun on your hip and they're going to wait for you to un-holster that beast. Anyone who open carries and specifically in crowded public places is a attention whore not a gun enthusiast or someone worried about protection

Do you have a better alternative?

DRK
07-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Do you have a better alternative?

I believe in concealed carry with proper training. I think more often then not in a protection/defense situation you put yourself in harms way advertising being armed. I would much rather face the ticket if I did something stupid and got caught while carrying then advertise my fear to the world.

fivonut
07-19-2010, 02:35 PM
I believe in concealed carry with proper training. I think more often then not in a protection/defense situation you put yourself in harms way advertising being armed. I would much rather face the ticket if I did something stupid and got caught while carrying then advertise my fear to the world.

It's illegal to conceal carry in WI unless you're a licensed security guard or LEO.

DRK
07-19-2010, 04:16 PM
It's illegal to conceal carry in WI unless you're a licensed security guard or LEO.
It's illegal to cause a public disturbance by carrying a visible firearm in public also. Like I said I would rather maybe face a conceal fine and have a actual chance then be a billy badass attention whore who gets shot trying to live out some quick draw McGaw fantasy.

pOrk
07-19-2010, 06:05 PM
It's illegal to cause a public disturbance by carrying a visible firearm in public also. Like I said I would rather maybe face a conceal fine and have a actual chance then be a billy badass attention whore who gets shot trying to live out some quick draw McGaw fantasy.

:rolf

It isn't illegal to open carry, and no one here is trying to be billy badass ( except Irish ).

fivonut
07-19-2010, 06:08 PM

Simply openly carrying a firearm is not grounds for arrest under disorderly conduct per state attorney general J.B. Van Hollen.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/43302252.html

Additionally a federal judge has ruled that detaining a citizen based soley on the fact that they are carrying is a violation of their 4th admendment rights.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m9d9-Federal-judge-rules-police-cannot-detain-people-for-openly-carrying-guns

It's legal to open carry, it's illegal to carry concealed. It's the morons like you who willingly break the law that give the rest of us gun owners a bad name.

Taetsch Z-24
07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I have 16 firearms in my home. 90% of my friends have 3 or more firearms in their homes. NOT ONE has EVER experienced an accidental discharge or accidentally injured or killed another person.

None of the examples you list involve a firearm securely stored in a holster on someones hip.

every one of My Marines (including myself before I picked up rank\got older) carried a M9 (92FS ) loaded, not one accidental discharge, and the average age...ready.....

Fivonut has it right. it comes down to training, and the execution of that training.

Just like the Fireman.

and as far as a extinguisher.... if someone were to drop it, the regulator could beak off the case (and if my welding teacher was correct, a broken regulator on a c02 tank has more thrust then a solid booster rocket on the shuttle), potentially causing severe bodily harm or death. should be have to register them too because of a POSSIBILITY?

DRK
07-19-2010, 08:15 PM
It's the morons like you who willingly break the law that give the rest of us gun owners a bad name.

I do not nor do I need to carry a sidearm because I don't live in fear like you. I don't even own a pistol right now. I was simply stating my views on the subject and again you have shown your not mature enough to come up with a decent response without attacking someone, how are you to be trusted with a sidearm?

Taetsch Z-24
07-19-2010, 08:41 PM
So every day when I threw in 15 rounds in my mag of my M9 I was living in fear?

Just the opposite, the sidearm gave me confidence to do my job.

A pistol is the "great equalizer" it puts a small man on even playing ground with a gangbanger who A; is most likely a Felon, and B; more then likely is armed himself (illegally, but i guess he cares about that, being a felon and all)

AND THE BIGGEST POINT....

Much like how all are exercising there FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT here and now, caring concealed, open or just walking around with it is exercising our Second Amendment Right.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

INFRINGE
1 : to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another <infringe a patent>
2 obsolete : defeat, frustrateintransitive verb : encroach —used with on or upon <infringe on our rights>
synonyms see trespass

One could argue that some (most) gun laws Violate this RIGHT...

fivonut
07-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I do not nor do I need to carry a sidearm because I don't live in fear like you. I don't even own a pistol right now. I was simply stating my views on the subject and again you have shown your not mature enough to come up with a decent response without attacking someone, how are you to be trusted with a sidearm?

Said the pot to the kettle.

Anyone who open carries and specifically in crowded public places is a attention whore not a gun enthusiast or someone worried about protection

Like I said I would rather maybe face a conceal fine and have a actual chance then be a billy badass attention whore who gets shot trying to live out some quick draw McGaw fantasy.

Post after post I've done nothing but state the facts. While you chime in with ignorance and fantasy scenarios. There's been nothing "decent" or intelligent about any of your arguments about this situation. Tell me again who lacks maturity. If you'd rather intentionally break the law and carry a concealed weapon then you are a moron and are the exact cannon fodder media is looking to make a bad example of and the exact type of person who is detrimental to what most of us gun owners ultimately want to achieve. Which is "shall-issue" concealed carry. I fully support training courses as most people I come into contact with have no clue when and where it's appropriate to use deadly force. One idiot even told me if concealed carry was passed he could shoot anyone he wanted because he wouldn't know if that person is armed or not and they would be a threat to him.

The fact of the matter is that you don't know me or what I stand for. You're just pissed off because I wouldn't take your Paypal.

I don't open carry, but as I get closer and closer to realizing a firearms business, I will. I support concealed carry over open carry because I don't like the idea of displaying my firearms or the negative attention it garnishes from ignorant "dirty harry" wanna be cops. Until WI legislators pull their heads out of their asses, I fully support every individual who wishes to exercise their RIGHT to self protection through openly carrying a firearm and I will continue to defend that right to all the ignorant sheeple who think that carrying a firearm is the end of the world.

The open carriers are the ones who are ultimately going to force the legislatures hand and give new life to the CCW movement.

Now that I give it more thought, don't change your mind. Please keep preaching what you preach. Without the knee jerk reactions of you and people like you, open carry isn't going to get the attention it needs to force a revisitation of concealed carry.

Old Dog
07-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I wanted to see what type of comments I got regarding my post before filling in a few more details. In the examples I cited, both of the people that had mishaps with their handguns were in law enforcement. My friend that dropped his gun is an Ohio state trooper. The other guy that shot his mother while cleaning a loaded handgun was a New Berlin police officer. Both of these incidents occurred a number of years ago. I agree with those that say training is the key to safety, but it’s obviously no guarantee.

DRK
07-19-2010, 09:51 PM
You're just pissed off because I wouldn't take your Paypal.

:loser OMFG.. My first post in this thread had nothing to do with you and yet you follow me around with that foolish shit like some high school girl that got stood up and can't let it go. Those knock off caster camber plates which you still probably have and are all salty about where for a friend, I could have cared less. Get over it, like your gut does your jeans.

I don't carry a sidearm concealed or otherwise, not because I feel it should or shouldn't legal. it's because I don't feel I need too.
I believe that you are a douche nozzle if you open carry a sidearm in crowded public areas.
I also believe ccw should be legal everywhere in the US as the constitution intended.
People have and will continue to be arrested in wisconsin for causing public disturbances with a firearm legally carrying or not and I think this woman was proof of that. No she didn't get a ticket for open carry but people called her in which brought the police who then needed to justify their presence and they did. Yes she broke the law and got a ticket but if she hadn't felt the need to bring a gun into a church to begin with, where she knew people would freakout, the police would have never had a reason to be there in the first place.

fivonut
07-19-2010, 10:38 PM
:loser OMFG.. My first post in this thread had nothing to do with you and yet you follow me around with that foolish shit like some high school girl that got stood up and can't let it go. Those knock off caster camber plates which you still probably have and are all salty about where for a friend, I could have cared less. Get over it, like your gut does your jeans.

That's rich. Who's following who where?? Who's posted in who's threads like a little bitch? Oh, and the plates are long gone. I got my asking price, BTW.

If I recall, I offered an olive branch and you were the bitch about it, so who's the highschool girl here?? :punch:

Anyway, back on topic...

I don't carry a sidearm concealed or otherwise, not because I feel it should or shouldn't legal. it's because I don't feel I need too.
I believe that you are a douche nozzle if you open carry a sidearm in crowded public areas.
I also believe ccw should be legal everywhere in the US as the constitution intended.
People have and will continue to be arrested in wisconsin for causing public disturbances with a firearm legally carrying or not and I think this woman was proof of that. No she didn't get a ticket for open carry but people called her in which brought the police who then needed to justify their presence and they did. Yes she broke the law and got a ticket but if she hadn't felt the need to bring a gun into a church to begin with, where she knew people would freakout, the police would have never had a reason to be there in the first place.

What was it you said about being mature enough to come up with a decent response?

Your just spouting ignorance AGAIN. The woman has NOT been charged with any crime as of the 16th. Her weapon was taken by the officers who stopped her and she was illegally detained. The only ones breaking any law in this instance were the officers who stopped her.

In what court is ignorance of the populous a valid argument for denial of ones rights??

There's a quote that gets passed around quite often, "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. "

DRK
07-20-2010, 10:48 AM
There's a quote that gets passed around quite often, "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. "

I have no fear of weapons, I own a few rifles and a shotgun. I just don't live in fear of the world enough to feel the need to carry one, especially in crowded public areas, where I know it will draw unwanted attention.

Again you need to get over that other shit, it's obviously not helping you any.

emptypockets
07-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Update... No Charges being filed!

Greetings in Freedom:
A few weeks ago Jackson County District Attorney Gerald Fox issued a now well publicized memo regarding his decision not to enforce/prosecute many of Wisconsin's carry restrictions. We sent an email regarding that memo on July 2nd. An excerpt from that email is included at the END of this email.

This week another Wisconsin DA has made a notable decision NOT to file charges against a Wisconsin open-carrier who was arrested after open-carrying to church. In the DA's comments which can be read in the following article:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/98865554.html

Waukesha County DA Brad Schimel acknowledges Wisconsin's 1998 constitutional amendment (Article 1 Section 25) clearly specifies residents rights with regard to keeping and bearing firearms. Mr. Schimel's comments:
--
"For one, he said, Sutterfield had no bad intent. She had worn the gun to church services peacefully and was never asked to remove it or leave. She told investigators that a salesperson where she had purchased the 9mm handgun had explained to her that it only needed to be in a case when she was driving.

Further, Schimel wrote, the statute in question, which is a non-criminal infraction that carries a maximum forfeiture of $100, was passed before the Wisconsin Constitution was amended to clearly specify residents' rights to keep guns for various purposes. He said he did not think the facts of Sutterfield's case made it the right one to prosecute in an effort to set the limits of gun restrictions."
--
This is an example of a positive decision by a Wisconsin County DA not to prosecute an otherwise law-abiding carrier for a relatively minor infraction of having a loaded gun in a case in the vehicle. Given that DA's are elected officials and are certainly susceptible to political pressure, please take this opportunity to send an email or letter to Mr. Schimel and thank him for recognizing the constitutional rights of law-abiding Wisconsin residents under the WISCONSIN constitution and choosing not to prosecute this individual.
Waukesha County District Attorney
515 W. Moreland Blvd, Room CG72
Waukesha, WI 53188
262-548-7076
email: WaukeshacountyDA@da.wi.gov

Its important that we let elected District Attorneys know that they have strong political support for these decisions which honor the constitutional rights of law-abiding Wisconsin gun owners/carriers. This is also a good time to write a letter to YOUR county DA, share with that individual these to items (the Jackson County DA memo and the Waukesha County DA decision) and ask that they too would use their discretion and not prosecute otherwise law-abiding individuals for violating Wisconsin statutes that are likely unconstitutional based on both the Wisconsin Constitution (article 1 section 25) and the 2nd Amendment of the Federal Constitution which recently was incorporated and applied to the states which affirms the right to keep and bear arms a FUNDAMENTAL right.

Carry on!

Nik Clark
Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
www.wisconsincarry.org

JULY 2nd email to Wisconsin Carry Members:

Jackson County District Attorney Gerald R. Fox has declared that, in light of the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling this week that the Second Amendment clearly applies to the states, he will no longer prosecute people for carrying concealed weapons, or certain other gun related offenses.

Here is a link to the Jackson County District Attorneys office where you can read the memo. The memo is in the second link:

http://www.co.jackson.wi.us/html/district%20attorney/district_attorney.html

http://www.co.jackson.wi.us/html/district%20attorney/Documents/McDonald%20vs.%20City%20of%20Chicago.pdf

Here are some links to media coverage with various interesting quotes from area police chiefs, a spokesman for Attorney General JB Van Hollen and others. There is some very good information in the articles:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/97680129.html

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_45ea1668-85ef-11df-8084-001cc4c002e0.html

fivonut
07-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Update... No Charges being filed!

Greetings in Freedom:
A few weeks ago Jackson County District Attorney Gerald Fox issued a now well publicized memo regarding his decision not to enforce/prosecute many of Wisconsin's carry restrictions. We sent an email regarding that memo on July 2nd. An excerpt from that email is included at the END of this email.

This week another Wisconsin DA has made a notable decision NOT to file charges against a Wisconsin open-carrier who was arrested after open-carrying to church. In the DA's comments which can be read in the following article:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/98865554.html

Waukesha County DA Brad Schimel acknowledges Wisconsin's 1998 constitutional amendment (Article 1 Section 25) clearly specifies residents rights with regard to keeping and bearing firearms. Mr. Schimel's comments:
--
"For one, he said, Sutterfield had no bad intent. She had worn the gun to church services peacefully and was never asked to remove it or leave. She told investigators that a salesperson where she had purchased the 9mm handgun had explained to her that it only needed to be in a case when she was driving.

Further, Schimel wrote, the statute in question, which is a non-criminal infraction that carries a maximum forfeiture of $100, was passed before the Wisconsin Constitution was amended to clearly specify residents' rights to keep guns for various purposes. He said he did not think the facts of Sutterfield's case made it the right one to prosecute in an effort to set the limits of gun restrictions."
--
This is an example of a positive decision by a Wisconsin County DA not to prosecute an otherwise law-abiding carrier for a relatively minor infraction of having a loaded gun in a case in the vehicle. Given that DA's are elected officials and are certainly susceptible to political pressure, please take this opportunity to send an email or letter to Mr. Schimel and thank him for recognizing the constitutional rights of law-abiding Wisconsin residents under the WISCONSIN constitution and choosing not to prosecute this individual.
Waukesha County District Attorney
515 W. Moreland Blvd, Room CG72
Waukesha, WI 53188
262-548-7076
email: WaukeshacountyDA@da.wi.gov

Its important that we let elected District Attorneys know that they have strong political support for these decisions which honor the constitutional rights of law-abiding Wisconsin gun owners/carriers. This is also a good time to write a letter to YOUR county DA, share with that individual these to items (the Jackson County DA memo and the Waukesha County DA decision) and ask that they too would use their discretion and not prosecute otherwise law-abiding individuals for violating Wisconsin statutes that are likely unconstitutional based on both the Wisconsin Constitution (article 1 section 25) and the 2nd Amendment of the Federal Constitution which recently was incorporated and applied to the states which affirms the right to keep and bear arms a FUNDAMENTAL right.

Carry on!

Nik Clark
Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
www.wisconsincarry.org (http://www.wisconsincarry.org)

JULY 2nd email to Wisconsin Carry Members:

Jackson County District Attorney Gerald R. Fox has declared that, in light of the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling this week that the Second Amendment clearly applies to the states, he will no longer prosecute people for carrying concealed weapons, or certain other gun related offenses.

Here is a link to the Jackson County District Attorneys office where you can read the memo. The memo is in the second link:

http://www.co.jackson.wi.us/html/district%20attorney/district_attorney.html

http://www.co.jackson.wi.us/html/district%20attorney/Documents/McDonald%20vs.%20City%20of%20Chicago.pdf

Here are some links to media coverage with various interesting quotes from area police chiefs, a spokesman for Attorney General JB Van Hollen and others. There is some very good information in the articles:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/97680129.html

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_45ea1668-85ef-11df-8084-001cc4c002e0.html

:wooo:banana1::banana:headbang:thumbsup

Taetsch Z-24
07-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Ftw