PDA

View Full Version : Hey HVAC Guys look here!

xFullThrottlex
07-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a gas fired unit heater for my dad's garage. We currently use a torpedo heater and hope this last year was the last time we're going to use one. I posted this here first ,instead of craigslist, because I know there are a few guys here that do HVAC for a living and was wondering if you had or knew of anyone that had a unit that I'm looking for (maybe at work there's a dented up one you can't sell or install for a customer or something that has been lightly used and maintained:D.) I'm not entirely sure on the BTUs we'd need but we would be heating a two car detached garage. So I'd imagine this would be above 40,000. We are trying to do this on a budget so it doesn't have to have a super high efficiency. Thanks a million.

y2kws6
07-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I went with a 45,000 btu and it was more than enough for my 2 car. How are you planing on feeding it fuel? (Propane, LP, Karosene). I know my spelling suck, deal with it.

Unit from Farm & Fleet was $388 on sale, but cost another $200 - $300 for electric and piping. Installed myself.

Dan

xFullThrottlex
07-13-2010, 06:02 AM
We are on the fence as far as feeding it...Gas would be nice but LP may be the best way

awsomeears
07-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Thing is with LP you need PRESSURE !!!

When its cold out the tanks well get cold and with cold comes pressure drop, I'd run gas out there and call it a day !!!

Where is this garage located ?

By no means am I offering my services just asking a few questions :)

xFullThrottlex
07-15-2010, 09:07 PM
garage is in new berlin... and your right I never even considered that there would be a pressure job.