PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tip/Suggestion

michelle
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
When I was up at the Sprints the other weekend, I met a guy who is going to help out with the new car every so often as needed. He had a technique that I thought was so simple, yet so helpful that I will definitely use on my own car(s).

Always have a paint pen with you. When you torque down a bolt, mark it with a paint pen on top and down one of the sides. That way before a session, you can clearly see if any bolts have come loose as you look around the car (especially suspension). I thought this was an awesome idea, especially on the new DSR since many parts were one-off designs and the car is a lot of R&D.

Do a lot of people do this and I just have been unaware for all these years? It may just be easier on a true racecar where you take off carbon fiber body panels with one hand so you can see everything so clearly.

Either way, definitely something I will use from now on. I hope I can find a good source for pink paint pens. (:

Korndogg
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah I have seen it used for a lot of things

lasttimearound
07-08-2010, 08:29 PM
yeah, its great, torq lok and other variants are out there. its usually a thicker paint so its easier to tell.