PDA

View Full Version : The Insurance company Screws Me over again.

PonyKiller87
07-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Ok so my truck is in the body shop getting repaired from the accident(there is a post about it already) The body shop is doing a great job so far. They determined that the radiator support needed to be replaced, which ment they had to remove the A/C condensor. Well some genious at GM decided to put steel nuts on the ends of aluminum A/C lines. Needless to say they are corroded together. They can't get them apart with out breaking them so they said I will need a new condensor and both lines, which they agreed to sell me at list for about $200. And I say sell me because the Insurance company says its not accident related and they wont cover it.

Heres my point. The A/C worked great prior to the accident, no problems what so ever. The the lines are going to be broken due to the accident repairs, therefor I would consider them part of the repair. They say no, Im gonna fight it :argue but looks like Im going to get screwed again :nutkick

Anyone have any ideas how to get them to cover it?

Yooformula
07-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Did you have th shop speak to them or did you do it? Most likely they are more responsive to the shops than to the owners. What insurance company do you have?

PonyKiller87
07-01-2004, 04:32 PM
The guy from the body shop called them while I was there. The adjuster guy from the insurance company said no, which the bodyshop guy expected. He then handed me the phone and I talked to him at which time he proceeded to be a complete ass. Like I said the guys at the bodyshop are doing a great job, but the insurance company is being so damn cheep its not funny. Oh yeah its Badger Mutual Ins. Someone else told me that they took a pretty big hit in hail damage claims and now they are kinda hard to deal with. Oh well, I contacted the Lawyer from the sticky and Im going to see if they can help me out. I would rather pay a lawyer than the insurance company just as long as it gets my truck fixed.

JC70SS
07-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Contacting attorney = waste of money. As I stated before they have the BEST lawyers out there and yours will not beat theirs.