PDA

View Full Version : Whiny little tots.

lordairgtar
07-07-2010, 11:22 PM
At Allenton car show Sunday, it seemed like every tired cranky whiny pissed off kid was there and all were within ear shot of me trying to work in the hot humid weather. Parents, your child is cranky because of the heat and car shows are boring to them. All they know is "Daddy and mommy are walking around a field between cars and I'm tired, thirsty, and hot and I want to go home". These parents just think their little kids will follow along like a monkey on a leash. Their little legs don't keep up well with adults striding through a show ground. If you want to expose little Johnny or little Annie to cars, do it at an evening cruise night where most likely it is cooler and shorter in duration. Not at some "95 degree, no wind, no water at least to drink, car show". You might be able to go the day without liquids or food, but quit being a cheap bastard and buy your kid a bottle of water and a hot dog. Kids are not seeing the cool cars, they feel they are being tortured. If I have to hear another shrieking cranky kid...

Prince Valiant
07-07-2010, 11:23 PM

lordairgtar
07-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't mind kids at all, but I am just concerned for their well being. Sometimes we adults don't realize what a hot day traipsing after dad and mom does to kids.

Flicktitty
07-07-2010, 11:28 PM

Yooformula
07-07-2010, 11:44 PM
maybe the car show organizers should have benches for familes, tents, sprinklers and free food, fuck it they should only host car shows at night when its cooler so those of us that want to expose our kids to car shows dont have to bother those that cant stand the kids or the dogs..lol I kinda agree with you but kinda dont. I bring my kids to shows because they like cars and I want them to get a good appreciation of them early on BUT I do know when its time to go for them.

STANMAN
07-08-2010, 07:09 AM
I was at that show, didn't see you Greg, but I did see some whiney kids as well. Jen brought Bri, but we did a quick walk around, she was plenty hydrated, and she never whined. She said "pretty" a lot:thumbsup

wrath
07-08-2010, 07:23 AM
I think it's ridiculous that the people that have kids always try to make other people conform to what they need, instead of conforming to their environment. Soon, people will be expecting a daycare outside of the beer tents at State Fair.

Bring a backpack with snacks and water... and strap an umbrella on the side of it.

The movie "Idiocracy" comes to mind.

STANMAN
07-08-2010, 07:40 AM
i think it's ridiculous that the people that have kids always try to make other people conform to what they need, instead of conforming to their environment. Soon, people will be expecting a daycare outside of the beer tents at state fair.

Bring a backpack with snacks and water... And strap an umbrella on the side of it.

The movie "idiocracy" comes to mind.

x2

TheRX7Project
07-08-2010, 07:42 AM
i think it's ridiculous that the people that have kids always try to make other people conform to what they need, instead of conforming to their environment. Soon, people will be expecting a daycare outside of the beer tents at state fair.

Bring a backpack with snacks and water... And strap an umbrella on the side of it.

The movie "idiocracy" comes to mind.

x3

Josepy
07-08-2010, 09:22 AM
I was there. My child had a blast and drank her water while we were there. Which was only about an hour.

Silver86
07-08-2010, 10:27 AM
i totally agree

Yooformula
07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
I think it's ridiculous that the people that have kids always try to make other people conform to what they need, instead of conforming to their environment. Soon, people will be expecting a daycare outside of the beer tents at State Fair.

Bring a backpack with snacks and water... and strap an umbrella on the side of it.

The movie "Idiocracy" comes to mind.

if that was directed towards me.....I WAS being sarcastic in my prev post.

CobaltSSTuner
07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm going to start selling bottles of water at car shows to people walking around. I was at a car show and I not only heard kids whining, but I heard grown people whining. They just need to STFU lol....

michelle
07-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Kids are annoying. Everyone should just get a dog. :goof

/endthread

RanJer
07-08-2010, 04:04 PM

/endthread

Didn't you see the other thread? Dogs shouldn't be allowed at car shows either..

wrath
07-08-2010, 05:46 PM

Nope, it's just an observation. You're the kind of person that isn't going to be like that. People with kids often try to get everyone and everything around them to conform to their needs at any cost to anyone but themselves. It's not usually a conscious process.

Reverend Cooper
07-08-2010, 07:50 PM
The cars show's I help organize are always kid and family friendly,It's not that hard to do.

lordairgtar
07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
No, it isn't hard to do. But people need to realize that sometimes kids don't really understand the endless walking around in the hot sun all day...especially when they are about two or three years old. These kids weren't whining because they are bratty, they were hot and uncomfortable.

Voodoo Chick
07-08-2010, 11:53 PM

Yes, well, sarcasm is usually not understood around here.......if you don't spell shit out letter by letter, people think you're serious.....:durr

VroomPshhTsi
07-09-2010, 08:26 AM

/endthread

this

Yooformula
07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Yes, well, sarcasm is usually not understood around here.......if you don't spell shit out letter by letter, people think you're serious.....:durr

yeah but if you read my post you would have read that my suggestions didnt imply actually KILLING a pet or child and my suggestions were so over the top that you would have been dumb to think I was serious....

Korndogg
07-09-2010, 10:41 AM

smilies are there for a reason. use them next time you make a dumbass post

DRK
07-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Until my children have a respect for cars like I do I won't take them to any car events period. My attention will be on the cars not the kids and that's not fair to them or the owners of the cars.

WhatsADSM
07-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Maybe we should get all the kids and all the dogs together in one tent at a car show and let them duke it out for the title of "most complained about things at a car show"!

srt4eh
07-09-2010, 11:29 AM
These parents just think their little kids will follow along like a monkey on a leash.

makes me think of....
http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/07/15/34/53/0007153453845_AV_500X500.jpg

I agree though....even if I'm having a good time...my kids come first and I will do whatever I have to to make sure they are ok. Even if that means leaving :(

Cjburn
07-09-2010, 11:35 AM
What I don't understand is what happened to kids being scared of acting out in public, because they knew there were consequences to their behaviors. A consequence is NOT a time out, especially when I comes to boys. I remember my parents being complimented on their boys behavior and what happened when we didn't behave. I grew up in a world where you were allowed to be a kid when the situation called for it, frogs, fishing, climbing trees, parks, forests and the like. When it came to time to behave, like church, family functions, car rides, restaurants, we didn't dare step out of line. That also means, my parents knew what and what not to expose us too. It meant that they didn't hesitate to get a babysitter when the event meant that children couldn't be expected to suffer through things that would absolutely invite unfavorable outcomes (eg; long days at a out of town wedding). It seems that modern (lack of) thought has taken out personal responsibility out of mainstream society and extended into child rearing too. It's a damned shame...

michelle
07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
yeah but if you read my post you would have read that my suggestions didnt imply actually KILLING a pet or child and my suggestions were so over the top that you would have been dumb to think I was serious....

Remember Yoo, there are certain members on this board that have the brain power of a dead battery. :goof

WickedSix
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
^^ substantially less the average human brain wave is ~10-100 micro volts

michelle
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
^^ substantially less the average human brain wave is ~10-100 micro volts

So it could be taken as a compliment? But maybe that was sarcastic too? Dang it, I don't know what to think now!

WickedSix
07-09-2010, 12:41 PM
just as long as no one trys to get smarter using a car battery

Yooformula
07-09-2010, 01:48 PM
makes me think of....
http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/07/15/34/53/0007153453845_AV_500X500.jpg

makes me think of katt williams...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx3DORtqoe8

lordairgtar
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I actually saw that at Allenton car show Sunday.

TheRX7Project
07-10-2010, 07:30 AM
What I don't understand is what happened to kids being scared of acting out in public, because they knew there were consequences to their behaviors. A consequence is NOT a time out, especially when I comes to boys. I remember my parents being complimented on their boys behavior and what happened when we didn't behave. I grew up in a world where you were allowed to be a kid when the situation called for it, frogs, fishing, climbing trees, parks, forests and the like. When it came to time to behave, like church, family functions, car rides, restaurants, we didn't dare step out of line. That also means, my parents knew what and what not to expose us too. It meant that they didn't hesitate to get a babysitter when the event meant that children couldn't be expected to suffer through things that would absolutely invite unfavorable outcomes (eg; long days at a out of town wedding). It seems that modern (lack of) thought has taken out personal responsibility out of mainstream society and extended into child rearing too. It's a damned shame...

A-fucking-men. ASS WHOOPINGS WORK!