PDA

View Full Version : wtb wrx sti 04-07

KRAUSED
07-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Like the title says Subaru Wrx Sti 04-07 mods is fine .Its going to be a daily driver/autocross fun toy. Pm or post up what got....thanks mike

can send pics and info to nasty87@att.net

Z28Envy
07-07-2010, 06:48 PM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46813

SSLEVO
07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
What is it with people wanting sti's, when the superior car is clearly the evo, lol

GTSLOW
07-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Not trying to knock beagz but dam 17.5k for one with 90k. I dunno is that a good price? Shit I got my goat for 16k w/ 30k on the clock, granted the STI can run in the snow I dunno.....

Flicktitty
07-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Not trying to knock beagz but dam 17.5k for one with 90k. I dunno is that a good price? Shit I got my goat for 16k w/ 30k on the clock, granted the STI can run in the snow I dunno.....

it's a LITTLE higher then others in the area, but he has some very good mods that pretty much everyone would do.

0TransAm0
07-07-2010, 07:27 PM
it's a LITTLE higher then others in the area, but he has some very good mods that pretty much everyone would do.

but it says in his ad that the car will be sold WithOUT the mods....

Crawlin
07-07-2010, 07:31 PM
got to rule out the craigslist idiots....

if he put it for $15,000, he'd be getting all sorts of kids with NO MONEY asking to buy it for 12k. Just a waste of time.

Flicktitty
07-07-2010, 07:37 PM
but it says in his ad that the car will be sold WithOUT the mods....
didn't see that part

got to rule out the craigslist idiots....

if he put it for $15,000, he'd be getting all sorts of kids with NO MONEY asking to buy it for 12k. Just a waste of time.

that too.

jbiscuit
07-07-2010, 07:55 PM
NASIOC.com for a well maintained, good Subie. Tons of them over there. Otherwise craigslist but you run the risk of buying a beat local car. Seems like a lot of the STis in the greater Milwaukee area and thrashed. Beat paint, past due for common Subaru maintenance, high miles etc

Russ Jerome
07-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Are there any "internal" motor differences from wrx to sti? For the markup on the STI you would think building a wrx is logical given the aftermarket flood of parts for the Subie.

Im looking at 2006 Saab (Subaru) 9-2x Aero's (05's are 2.0, 06 are 2.5) and low milage one owner (unbeaten to death) Saab are way cheaper and use the STI steering rack and better interior (dont look all boy racer as well).
http://www.theautochannel.com/cybercast/2006nyautoshow/images/saab/saab_92x.jpg
Not many oput there but Wilde just sold one...missed it by a day and other just into Fibville.

Flicktitty
07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
yeah Saab 9-2X's are awesome. alway's been a fan, i wasen't aware they had a 2.0 and a 2.5? i thought all the turbo (aero's) were the 2.5L's?

GTSLOW
07-07-2010, 09:15 PM
That saab wagon is hot!!

srt4eh
07-07-2010, 09:15 PM
in 2007....the compression on the sti is .2 lower....lol...thats about all i know. I believe the engines are the same for the most part....the turbo, etc are what changes.

KRAUSED
07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
also locking diffs,trans is a lil more beefy for abuse from what i have read also in the sti.The saab is hot for sure hmmm.

KRAUSED
07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
NASIOC.com for a well maintained, good Subie. Tons of them over there. Otherwise craigslist but you run the risk of buying a beat local car. Seems like a lot of the STis in the greater Milwaukee area and thrashed. Beat paint, past due for common Subaru maintenance, high miles etc

thanks for the link..

Beagle
07-07-2010, 11:20 PM

Nobody cares about your GTO. All you do is hate on me or my car. But I'll let it go since if I had a GTO id be pissed all the time to. The car had highway miles on it when I bought it and i put on 40 a day for work. I dont care if it has 500k on it. The car is 17.5k obo. Do some searching before you open your trap Im yet to see an STI listed for under 16k unless its an 04 for reasons like they have no radios floor mats etc. Id appreciate it if you would never mention my sti again thanks :thumbsup

floaters
07-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Nobody cares about your GTO. All you do is hate on me or my car. But I'll let it go since if I had a GTO id be pissed all the time to. The car had highway miles on it when I bought it and i put on 40 a day for work. I dont care if it has 500k on it. The car is 17.5k obo. Do some searching before you open your trap Im yet to see an STI listed for under 16k unless its an 04 for reasons like they have no radios floor mats etc. Id appreciate it if you would never mention my sti again thanks :thumbsup
:rolf
LOL yea fvck nan!

Russ Jerome
07-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Tranmission! I neglected to ad the STI has a decent 6speed, the WRX has the 5 speed. The 5 does fail but most agree it's side stepped clutch's during or before the actual failure happens. Rumors of Balsa wood gearsets in the 5mt are unfounded Im told :) The majority of the Saabs are autos (another underarted trans from what I read) with more 5mt's in the 2005's.

pre-2005: 2.0 saabi/wrx
post-2006: 2.5 saab/wrx
Technicaly all STIs should be 2.0 to meet rally spec's worldwide limiting to 2.0 ltr but I dont realy read about them..im poor.

The Saab Aero original owners would apear to be mid 30's and up, ripping off downpipes and bleeding reference lines to turbo's not high on there list on the way to the tanning booth. I gaurantee if I went to the Subie dealer and bought a brand new 2006 WRX my ass would'nt have made it 2 blocks before I went to see if it would roll all four tires from a stop ;) Saab is like a gay guys sports cars, most apear extremely clean and low milage.

GTSLOW
07-08-2010, 03:20 AM

I wont even get started.... :rolf

Rocket Power
07-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Saab is like a gay guys sports cars,
:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

jbiscuit
07-08-2010, 09:35 AM
The Saabarus are super cool cars. Especially the wagons! I always thought one of those lowered with Rays wheels or Advans would be hot. The STi and WRX are different cars actually even though they share the same basic chassis. The STi gets Brembos also (not mentioned here yet) which are stellar brakes on that car. You can actually swap the hubs/brakes etc directly to the WRX however but if you are going to buy a WRX and put all STi parts on it why not pay a couple grand more and just buy the STi. Thats always been my thought anyways. The 2002 WRX's were the ones with the glass transmissions. My 03 never had a hint of problem but I also had Redline fluids in it at all times. The rear diff is different on the Sti also. Same with the trans like Russ mentioned. The STi 6-speed is actually a really tough transmission. Plenty of cars in the 10s on the stock trans and rear diff.

HP ADDICT
07-10-2010, 10:14 PM
There are quite a lot of differences between the WRX and the STi. I loved mine but the ricer appeal got old very quick! Make sure you test drive one. If I were to buy another turbo subaru it would be the Legacy GT with a 6 speed!