PDA

View Full Version : Expendables trailer!

Yooformula
07-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Another Sly flick and hopefully just as good as the last 2 he did.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6RU5y2fU6s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6RU5y2fU6s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

CobaltSSTuner
07-07-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm pretty jacked about this movie. Looks like a good one.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
That looks bad ass. Surly going to see it.

Karps TA
07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I hope this is a return to real action movies. I'm so tired of all this CGI crap. I want real explosions and real stuntment.

nismodave
07-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Hell yea. Ill see that!

05caddyext
07-08-2010, 08:42 AM
What do you mean you hope just as good as the 2 he did? He has written and directed just about every movie he's been in.

Yooformula
07-08-2010, 10:51 AM
What do you mean you hope just as good as the 2 he did? He has written and directed just about every movie he's been in.

the last 2 movies he made, he had total artistic control over...Rambo and Rocky Balboa. he did not have complete control over the rest of them(56 movies!). he only directed rocky 2,3,4, paradise alley and staying alive besides rambo, rocky balboa and expendables.

his next one to come out...Rambo V: The Savage Hunt

CobaltSSTuner
07-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I thought the last rambo was pretty good...it looks amazing in blu-ray lol

GTSLOW
07-08-2010, 12:08 PM
This movie looks bad ass! Got some good names in it too!

Goat Roper
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Basically every bad ass from 1980's and 90's action films in one movie, sign me up.

lilws6
07-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Basically every bad ass from 1980's and 90's action films in one movie, sign me up.

thats what i've been thinkin saw a teaser when i went to see the a-team and this is the next on my list :)

emptypockets
07-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Thats a hell of a cast! Definitly wont miss this one!

I'm surprised the governor has time for such things.... Must have needed a payday!

05caddyext
07-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Im not sure where you get your info but here is mine. He wrote the screenplay for nearly all of his big movies. Here is the list.

Writing Credits

* The Expendables (2010)
Screenwriter
* Rambo (2008)
Screenplay
* Rocky Balboa (2006)
screenplay
* Driven (2001)
From Story
* Driven (2001)
screenplay
* Cliffhanger (1993)
screenplay
* Rocky V (1990)
screenplay
* Rocky V (1990)
Screenplay
* Rambo III (1988)
screenplay
* Over the Top (1987)
screenplay
* Cobra (1986)
screenplay
* Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)
Screenplay
* Rocky IV (1985)
screenplay
* Rhinestone (1984)
screenplay
* Rhinestone (1984)
Screenplay
* Staying Alive (1983)
screenplay
* First Blood (1982)
screenplay
* Rocky III (1982)
Screenplay
* Rocky III (1982)
screenplay
* Rocky II (1979)
Screenplay
* Rocky II (1979)
screenplay
* F.I.S.T. (1978)
screenplay
* Paradise Alley (1978)
screenplay
* Rocky (1976)
Screenplay

Yooformula
07-10-2010, 08:54 PM
sigh: he wrote the screenplays but the studios still had control over how the movies would play out. the only movies he actually DIRECTED were the ones I listed above and below.
being the writer doesnt mean it was made his way.

Director:
1. Rambo V: The Savage Hunt (2011) (pre-production)
2. The Expendables (2010)
3. Rambo (2008)
4. Rocky Balboa (2006)
5. Rocky IV (1985)
6. Staying Alive (1983)
7. Rocky III (1982)
8. Rocky II (1979)
9. Paradise Alley (1978)

In an interview I watched with him, in his own words he says that this was the first time he had total artistic control over the movie and made it the way he always wanted them done. Examples he gave were the use of real boxing/punching sounds not sound effects from hitting a piece of meat, the use of actual weapons, sounds and realistic damages caused by them not the hollywood exaggeration of sounds/weapons.

Silver350
08-14-2010, 09:21 AM
I went to see this movie yesterday. I went with a friend to the UltraScreen in Brookfield. I am still on the fence about this movie. I loved all the action scenes. Which is most of the movie but some of the dialog scenes were short lived, and most of it was them ripping on each other. I would rate this over all it would be a solid three star movie. Definatly worth watching but may want to wait till it comes out on Blue Ray.

fivonut
08-14-2010, 09:31 AM
I went to see this movie yesterday. I went with a friend to the UltraScreen in Brookfield. I am still on the fence about this movie. I loved all the action scenes. Which is most of the movie but some of the dialog scenes were short lived, and most of it was them ripping on each other. I would rate this over all it would be a solid three star movie. Definatly worth watching but may want to wait till it comes out on Blue Ray.

^^^^ This. I went with a friend to see it last night and while it has all the necessary action for a great action flick the dialog just didn't seem to flow. Couple things left you hanging. I expected Willis to show towards the end. Anyway, I want an AA12!!!

Karps TA
08-14-2010, 10:10 AM
I enjoyed it. Had pretty much everything I was looking for in it except for 1 glaring exception. Not a single moment of nudity. I was hoping I was going to get to see Charisma Carpenter naked.

Silver350
08-14-2010, 10:13 AM
I was laughing my ass off on the scene with the AA12 when they shot from down the tunnel and you could see everyone being blow back

Ricky Bobby
08-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes i too wanted to see her nekid.

BR3W CITY
08-16-2010, 08:56 AM
ya, for a "guy" movie, i didn't see any titties. The aa12 was great, I was actually hoping to have a little more Terry Cruz in the movie. The biggest downfall with that many stars, is getting everybody enough on screen time.
To me, Dolph was the worst. I think hes just a TERRIBLE actor.
Overall I really liked it tho,.

05caddyext
08-16-2010, 09:25 AM
I guess I don't understand why there were so many non-actor wrestler/mma dudes in the movie. And where is the "Rock." I also read an article that Stallone asked Van Damme to be in the movie but he turned it down. Did anyone else also notice that Schwarzenneger and Willis were not mentioned at all? Stallone is gross now haha his veins are nasty.

badass88gt
08-16-2010, 10:44 AM
IMDB has some interesting info...sounds like he wanted every action star from every movie ever made, lol.

"Jean-Claude Van Damme was offered a role, but he turned it down claiming that there was no substance in the character. Rumor has it that Dolph Lundgren replaced him but actually the part of Scandinavian Gunnar Jensen was written by Sylvester Stallone with Lundgren in mind."

"Wesley Snipes was offered the role of Hale Ceasar but couldn't accept because, due to his tax problems, he wasn't allowed to leave the United States without the court's approval. The role was taken by Forest Whitaker and rewritten for Whitaker, but he was forced to leave the film due to a scheduling conflict. When it was announced that rapper 50 Cent was replacing Whitaker, many fans were disappointed and, after a few days, Stallone decided to cast former NFL player Terry Crews in the part."

"Steven Seagal was asked to play a cameo but turned it down due to negative connections with producer Avi Lerner."

"The role of Mr. Church, the man who hires the Expendables, was very difficult to cast. It was initially offered to Arnold Schwarzenegger, who declined in favor of a smaller cameo due to his political career. The role was then offered to Kurt Russell, who declined as he was not interested in "ensemble acting at the moment." Sylvester Stallone spent several months after principal photography determined to find a big action name for the part. The role was finally taken by Stallone's friend and fellow former "Planet Hollywood" co-owner Bruce Willis, who was busy filming Cop Out (2010) at the time."

"Stallone was courting former Demolition Man (1993) co-star Denis Leary to appear, but his contract with "Rescue Me" (2004) got in the way. Stallone also tried getting John Lurie and Kevin Pollak but both declined the role as well, so it was written out entirely. - Emmanuel. The role was going to be played by Danny Trejo but it was scrapped due to time and budget constraints. Trejo's fee, as well as the costs for some of the stunt work in that scene, would've put them over, so his role was combined with that of Tool (Mickey Rourke) as story purpose and Wickham (Gary Daniels) in terms of finding Sandra's hideaway."

"Sylvester Stallone broke his neck while filming the fight scene with Steve Austin."

"On October 24th, 2009, Sylvester Stallone was joined on screen for the first time ever, with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis. The scene, which took six hours to film, sets up the plot of the film."

"How is Arnold Schwarzenegger in the film if he is still governor of California?

He is only in the film as a cameo appearance, he was not paid and he was only on set for about 6 hours total. Even still, it's entirely possible he was on vacation while he filmed his role and 6 hours on set would not affect his gubernatorial duties. The scenes with Schwarzenegger where also shot in a studio at night, so the governor had not to film during his political working time."

badass88gt
11-29-2010, 12:08 AM
So I finally got around to renting this, I was pleased. Not much as far as "Oscar-worthy" but it wasnt meant to be. This was just a pure kick ass movie with big action stars, and reading online I found Stallone wants to do a sequel with all the guys plus Jean-Claude Van Damme, Charlie Sheen, Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, Carl Weathers, Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Chuck Norris, Lorenzo Lamas, and Lou Ferrigno.

That would be an action fan's wet dream...

wikked
11-29-2010, 12:15 AM
No way Hulk Hogan could be in an action movie these days, he ends up in a hospital just bending over. He is a wreck.
Other than that... :thumbsup

Yooformula
11-29-2010, 12:54 AM
So I finally got around to renting this, I was pleased. Not much as far as "Oscar-worthy" but it wasnt meant to be. This was just a pure kick ass movie with big action stars, and reading online I found Stallone wants to do a sequel with all the guys plus Jean-Claude Van Damme, Charlie Sheen, Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, Carl Weathers, Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Chuck Norris, Lorenzo Lamas, and Lou Ferrigno.

That would be an action fan's wet dream...

lol aside from dwayne/vin, a bunch of wrinkled, old has-been action stars....great. the losers was 10X better.

badass88gt
11-29-2010, 01:12 AM
I actually chuckled when I read Charlie Sheen and Mr. T, but I bet they would find a way to make it cool with all those has-beens. Hell, look at Dolph, he is terrible but yet still served a purpose. Ferrigno is still in incredible shape for an old fart, Vin and The Rock are ok, not too sure about the rest though.

Karps TA
11-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Sheen was ripped in the Hot Shot Part Duex. Not sure he could put down the booze long enough to get in shape though. Nor do I think he cares too.

I for one am all for it. More testorone packed action movies, less faggot in touch with their feeling vampire/werewolf movies.