PDA

View Full Version : 138+mph traps

Bee
06-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Ok we lowered boost with only 520whp from the 571whp and now we are traping these speeds...better traction with lower power. time isn't so good, but when bugs are figured with traction...haha we'll see!!! :banana :banana also got many other bugs figured!!! this summer will be a battle!!!! :wooo I might even take it to hwy100 and do rolling starts with all you guys...haha!!! j/k :rolleyes:

happy racing guys!!! :sleep

deciuss
07-01-2004, 12:27 AM
sup bee glad to hear some things are getting worked out. (the tranny cooler that you put in owns btw)

jbiscuit
07-01-2004, 08:24 AM
very impressive

TuffEnuff
07-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Rolling starts?

How ricer.....

scubastang
07-01-2004, 11:47 AM
sooo what your not posting E.T? what was your 60?

Not trying to be a as$ or anything, but for a performance shop's all out drag car I am not impressed so far, even at your supposed "low boost" settings.

I mean christ for example, there is this car Barry's 92 LX (http://www.turbomustangs.com/feature_cars/barryd.htm) that does 10.17 @136 with full weight, stock shortblock, rearend, fuel system, and computer. :rolleyes:

Then I'd be impressed :xmas

animal
07-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Me thinks you should do a rwd conversion on there. It's the only logical step :)

GRNDNL
07-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Ok we lowered boost with only 520whp from the 571whp and now we are traping these speeds...better traction with lower power. time isn't so good, but when bugs are figured with traction...haha we'll see!!! :banana :banana also got many other bugs figured!!! this summer will be a battle!!!! :wooo I might even take it to hwy100 and do rolling starts with all you guys...haha!!! j/k :rolleyes:

happy racing guys!!! :sleep

WOW...... :wooo

Good job guys!.....Let me know when you ready, your killin' me with MPH but we'll see if you can spool and launch that thing on a Pro-Tree...... ;)

Maybe I'm just an old guy but I still think you should just turn that thing around and run it the correct way down the track.......would think it would be much easier to launch..... :shades

Hey Scuba, bring your car down also, you can take on the winner.......

BOSS LX
07-01-2004, 06:47 PM
:thumbsup
Whats that thing like on the big end?

Bee
07-01-2004, 08:12 PM
scubastang: that is highly your opinion as I am not impressed with rear drives doing low 10sec. And yes this is my opinion. You are indeed quicker and we are just slightly faster, but again whatever you feel is up to you. I saw a GN do that same time you posted. He was doing low-mid 1.5s 60ft. we are doing midish 1.6... Also scuba, here is another point that I don't usually like to mention: "you are about 3 times bigger in displacement and using two turbos" ....yeah yeah....we are lighter like a tin can and weigh like a rice....LMAO!!! :wstupid :banana

I'm here to post and give people props....not to bash.... how many domestic/import FWD people/shops have 10sec cars approaching 9sec in the upper midwest. what about even 11sec cars???

How many people have rear drive 10sec cars street or full drag in the upper midwest...TOO MANY!!! :woo: either way...grndnational guy and boss lx in here and other 10sec street/strip cars are very impressive.. no matter what!!! i've seen them run and sh1t props out to all of them!!! :thumbsup

no offense to you guys,,, just making the point to scubastang about FWD cars and the so few of us running these times and trap speeds. Across the states this would be usual in general, but around these area where we are from...believe me you'll find almost no one attempting this fwd battle... props to us or not....i give myself and my pitcrew a pad in the back :thumbsup

see you guys out there!!!

Bee
07-01-2004, 08:31 PM
:thumbsup
Whats that thing like on the big end?

Boss, it is like a rocket.. i think i was like airborn at a point!!! hehe!!! :burnout 6-10rpms in 3rd gear was like 2 seconds...i'm just estimating.. not sure!!! the needle just flys like crazy... in 4th I finish at 8.5K rpms which is about 140mph. We would like to finish in 4th at 9.8K rpms which is about 150mph. will take time and alot of effort... :xmas

GRNDNL
07-01-2004, 09:32 PM
How much MPH are you picking up in the last 1/8th?.......

Al
07-01-2004, 10:24 PM
"you are about 3 times bigger in displacement and using two turbos" ....yeah yeah....

My assumption with your goal (as well as that of engine design in general as well)-- Do the same or more with less

Quick pointer- some 60 ft readings can be off when the front wheels are off the ground.

Also, I thought you sold the civic and bought a supra?

Not surprized about the high end of your civic. Do you have a front spoiler? Like those ones that sit a few inches off the ground and stick a half of a foot out the front.

deciuss
07-01-2004, 10:49 PM
bee makes a good point about fwd cars in WI. there really are not that many cars actualy trying to push into the 11's even 10's 99% of what you see out there are people that try to race in imports with a muffler and some intake nothing else.

props for a fast fwd hopefully i will start creaping closer to the 13's and maybe one day high 12's with a auto 4 door vic

scubastang
07-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey Scuba, bring your car down also, you can take on the winner.......

lol I would LOVE to but its a jackstand racer at the moment :mad: . I am honing the welding skills and trying my best to get this damn SC61 on a car by end of summer, funding not withstanding.

Bee - I meant no disrespect or offense, as that mph is very very nice! Its good to see people trying different things and reaching lofty goals! I sincerely hope you hit 150 traps as well. I guess my point was if a import oriented shop is going for a lofty performance car, I would think something like a supra or 240sx based chassis or something more respected would make a lot more sense (again take it with a grain of salt). IMO dragging FWD is like trying to stick a special olympian in the regular olympics. I would love to see you rock a t88 glided supra :thumbsup

Good luck and I'll shut up now :ban:

ponyride00
07-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Hey Bee, I talked to a couple of your guys wendsday at the track. The car looked awesome. Just wondering what broke on the last run.

Bee
07-02-2004, 10:38 PM
scuba stang.... sorry if i offended you... just want to come in here and chit chat ok bro.......really though....no offense guys... really just like to give props as when people give it to us...man it really helps and inpsires. :thumbsup

Bee
07-02-2004, 10:41 PM
PONY: last run we broke a diff... axles held up fine and gears still went in and all is fine, just the outer gear on the diff took a crap..haven't pieced it, but i have a feeling either the spider gears or the other gear of the diff.

when we ran 10.5s@137-138mph it was pretty darn hot/humid. 85 or so degree.. when we attempted our last run it was somewhere around 65-70 degree.... Would've loved to have turned in 140mph....but too bad :crying

car will be ready very soon!!! :rockwoot: