PDA

View Full Version : Conceal Carry Now Legal in Wisconsin

Silver350
07-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Carrying a concealed weapon is now legal in Wisconsin - at least in one county of the state.

Jackson County District Attorney Gerald R. Fox has declared that, in light of the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling this week that the Second Amendment clearly applies to the states, he will no longer prosecute people for carrying concealed weapons, or certain other gun related offenses.

Can't belive that no one posted this. What are your thoughts. Do you think this D.A. Actions and word will help or hinder Wisconsin getting a conceal carry?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/97680129.html

That_Guy
07-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Hmmmm.... I wonder if it would even be worth the greef you could get into.

Silver350
07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Probably not. I think its the same for Open Carry even thou it is legal I dont think it is worth the hassle of doing. Conceal Carry I would only do if they fix the laws.

LIL EVO
07-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Once law enforcement knows that any citation or arrest they bring to the DA will just get tossed out they won't cite / arrest anymore!

Rocket Power
07-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't live anywhere near jackson county, until it gets over here it doesn't affect me anymore than florida's ccw

Russ Jerome
07-04-2010, 12:07 AM
One county at a time, gotta start somewhere so its good news for people who dont want to become victoms.

Reverend Cooper
07-04-2010, 12:26 AM
this is good news and a start,lets keep it coming

05caddyext
07-04-2010, 01:36 PM
It is not true that if an officer knows the DA won't prosecute, they won't still cite you. The article clearly says that officers will still enforce what they believe the law is, so they will continue to cite.

fivonut
07-04-2010, 01:48 PM
The article clearly says that officers will still enforce what they believe the law is, so they will continue to cite.

This is a good thing. The officers are morons, by continuing to cite they will force a court ruling. One which will likely end with Wisconsins conceal laws being taken off the books. Then we'll have unrestricted conceal carry.

Doyle was an idiot for vetoing the last two laws that were passed. I'd bet the reason that the Jackson DA won't prosecute is to avoid said court ruling.

70 cutlass 442
07-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Ive talked to a few officers on this matter, and not one has been opposed to conceal carry by law abiding citizens, in fact most favor that over open carry simply because the public wont be frightened.

Russ Jerome
07-04-2010, 02:43 PM
This is a good thing. , by continuing to cite they will force a court ruling. One which will likely end with Wisconsins conceal laws being taken off the books.

Yup and by going to court it gains National coverage like open carry in West Allis and Madison did recently, more publicity that goes pro carry the better. T