PDA

View Full Version : Shop dog killed...

Crawlin
06-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Where's the crying smiley?

God dammit. So it's my last day at stretch's today, and i come in to find out that the owner's son accidently backed over the shop dog last night and killed it. A horrible death from how they described it. I was sick to my stomach. She was a golden lab and was at most 6-7 months old. They were finally able to pick the puppy up at Easter time. I played with this dog probably at the least, an hour out of my regular 8 hour work day. She was the best dog i've ever known. i didn't have a pet when i was young, my family was allergic except me. So this was "my" pet in a way. Fun loving puppy. Would knaw on your hand and bite it, but knew from the very beginning of at what point it was too hard. Would just playfully do it. Honestly, I think it was slightly retarded but maybe that's just how a puppy is at that age. Just watch her slide along the shop floor chasing after a ball. Didn't know how to stop early and slide to the point where she would want to be and would end up just sliding into or under a counter/desk. Today was supposed to be a happy day being my last day there, but it turned to ****. i feel for the son who's 16. My boss' wife was just devasted. She looked like a complete wreck. She came up to me and hugged me for a long time because of how much she knew i cared for the pup. And she felt so bad that on my last day I couldn't play with her anymore. Today just sucks. Just needed to vent

Chris

Stangman98
06-30-2004, 07:25 PM
That really sucks Chris! How the hell did the dog get run over!!! :wtf
Did they take it to the vet to try to save it? I have had dogs since I was born and they are the best pets in the world. My wife loves cats, I have grown to love them too, but they are not by any means a dog. :puppyeyes :(

PB86MCSS
06-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Thats a sad story, especially since it was so young... who was the buffoon who ran it over? Jeeze.

I'm a cat person but theres quite a few nice dogs too :thumbsup

Crawlin
06-30-2004, 08:17 PM
It was my boss' 16 year old son who ran it over. At the shop, there are large trucks atht he dog can easily run under. Well, it came running around the corner of the garage when she heard the noise of the truck, and came running and the shortest route was under the truck like normal. She hit her head on the axle of the truck(lifted chevy Z71) and got dazed and the son didn't know she was under there. he continued to back down and the front tire ran over her. From what i was told, lots of blood needed to be cleaned up, and i know they TRIED to get her to the nearest vet, but it was so severe there was no way to save her. It just kills me thinking about it. No ones fault at all, just one of those god awful unfortunate accidents.

Chris

SSmike1
06-30-2004, 09:09 PM
I Love Dogs!
mans best friend!
the good thing is..
they are not humans.
you can always get another one!

unforgiven302
06-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Thats a bad roll of the dice, sorry to hear that...I used to have a yellow lab/golden retriever mix, it was an awesome puppy...before it was 2, it ran out into the middle of the street and got hit :( Broken back, had to be put down at the vets :crying

Cryptic
06-30-2004, 10:05 PM
man :puppyeyes that sucks

Pantera99GS
06-30-2004, 10:29 PM
That really freakin' sucks man. Its easy to get emotionally attached to animals. I know I'll be devastated when I have to put my dog down.

Prince Valiant
06-30-2004, 10:55 PM
I does suck to lose a dog...believe me, I know. :(

PonyKiller87
06-30-2004, 11:20 PM
I know what your going through, my parents are taking our dog in tomorrow to be put down. Big fluffy white samoya, used to be the friendlies, funnest dog ever, but the last year or so her health has gotten pretty bad. You can tell just lookin at her that shes in a lot of pain. I guess I know its the right thing to do but it really does suck having to do it. The really crappy part is they wont let me get another dog.

Bad-TSi
07-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Bad news man, and what a horrible way to go.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-01-2004, 03:13 PM
I went through that also with my 1st dog.

I now have a Bearded Dragon and as wierd as it seems- even with a lizard there's an attachment.