PDA

View Full Version : Bucks sign Drew Gooden

wheelsofsteel
07-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Just announced...

Bucks sign Drew Gooden to a 5 year $32mil deal

I am sure there are still moves to come as we now have a log jam in the PF spot.

nismodave
07-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Just announced...

Bucks sign Drew Gooden to a 5 year $32mil deal

I am sure there are still moves to come as we now have a log jam in the PF spot.

$32 mil for 5 years for an 11 point 8 rebound a game player? What a fucking joke.

Fuck the Bucks and the NBA.

wheelsofsteel
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
You saying that Gadz 5 for $36 was better???
Atleast Gooden is a serviceable player and he'll dish more assists then minutes Gadz would have played.

I agree, a 5 year deal is further out then I am comfortable with as I would have rather seen a 3 year deal. But it is what it is.

Karps TA
07-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I'll say meh on this. I loved the Maggette trade last week though.

Hopefully they can resign Salmon, or rid themselves of Redd. or both. And they need somebody to play Bogut's position when he's out injured half the year and in crunch time.

DirtyMax
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I like the signing just like I liked the Maggette trade. I hope they eat the remainder of the Redd experiment. He really screwed Jennings up when he came back.

Gooden probably won't be here in 3 years anyways... this is like his 9th team already, LOL.

CobaltSSTuner
07-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I think salmon will be gone....IMO

wheelsofsteel
07-02-2010, 07:27 AM
"Heard" Salmons agreed to sign with the Bucks for 5 year/$42mil but can't be inked until July 8th.
Both Salmons and Gooden have year 4 and 5 club options. Hammonds on his way to back to back exec of the year awards with stuff like that.

hrsp
07-04-2010, 03:07 AM
not to bad of deals...a bit much for both but ive seen ALOT worse signing than this...we have ALOT of depth and skiles loves to use a deep rotation...once redd is gone next year we can add another quality player....or if there is a god we can trade him this season to a team trying to shed salary and will give up a quality player...

if redd stays and can stay healthy he would be a very good 6th man type player...i know 17mil for a 6th man is INSANE but we have to try and make the best out of the situation...he's a very nice man and i hope he can stay healthy...if he can he is a very good scorer and a knock down shooter...but he's as fragile as t-mac...WOW...lol