PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an xbox 360 Hdd transfer cable

Silver86
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
that i can borrow?

Cleveland Dave
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
there a one time use cable from what i heard. i got mine shipped from microsoft.

pw_cc_runner
07-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Not true on the one time use Dave, with the most recent updates the transfer cable is A LOT more useful if you have multiple hard drives. The console can actually access specific content on both drives simultaneously now instead of the all or nothing way it originally was. They sell the cable alone at Best Buy for $20 or online a little cheaper, but the important part is to make sure you have the corresponding CD as I believe that is required to be in the drive for the cable to operate.

Here is how the thing currently works from m$:
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=937279&lcid=1033&category=hardware

Silver86, since you are in Saukville I would have no problem swinging by with mine and giving you a hand with the transfer one night after work.

Silver86
07-03-2010, 11:33 AM
already got it transferred... winds up a co-worker had one and gave it to me.

Moparjim
07-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Just to clarify, I have one that I got back when I bought an Elite a few years ago and I bought a new 360 last week and used it to transfer my stuff from the Elite to the new one, and my sons stuff from the original to the Elite.

It works more than once, and you do not need any cds or anything just plug it in and it shows both drives and you transfer the data from one to the other.

pw_cc_runner
07-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Just to clarify, I have one that I got back when I bought an Elite a few years ago and I bought a new 360 last week and used it to transfer my stuff from the Elite to the new one, and my sons stuff from the original to the Elite.

It works more than once, and you do not need any cds or anything just plug it in and it shows both drives and you transfer the data from one to the other.

excellent, good deal on not needing the CD

Cleveland Dave
07-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Not true on the one time use Dave, with the most recent updates the transfer cable is A LOT more useful if you have multiple hard drives. The console can actually access specific content on both drives simultaneously now instead of the all or nothing way it originally was. They sell the cable alone at Best Buy for $20 or online a little cheaper, but the important part is to make sure you have the corresponding CD as I believe that is required to be in the drive for the cable to operate.

Here is how the thing currently works from m$:
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=937279&lcid=1033&category=hardware

Silver86, since you are in Saukville I would have no problem swinging by with mine and giving you a hand with the transfer one night after work.

good to know...well in that case if anyone needs one i have one available.