PDA

View Full Version : WOW What A Nite

Dr.Buick
06-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Coop and myself took the GN out to Gus's got a little lost and some sweet older lady stopped to help us out. She got ahead of us and snapped some pictures of us driving down the road..

Than whyle at Gus's there were a lot of great people, We even seen Don Johnson

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt265/twin-turbo-gnx/don003.jpg

So we left stopped by Hwy 100 to shoot the shit for a little whyle. Decided to leave well a Hafe mile up the road we get this.

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt265/twin-turbo-gnx/don004.jpg

Nicest Police officer I have ever benn pulled over by. Gave me a 10 day for a inop headlamp and said have a nice nite. :rolf
He did ask are thoes chutes on the back ,,,, :rolf

Prince Valiant
06-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Great to see that the car was out...when is your first trip down to the track coming up?

Dr.Buick
06-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Great to see that the car was out...when is your first trip down to the track coming up?

Be there done that!

Reverend Cooper
06-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Officer was gonna give Jim a breathalyzer cuz he couldn't think of any other reason someone would think it was ok to drive a car like that on the street. You must be drunk son.

bigloc
06-27-2010, 09:59 AM
wow !!!!

Prince Valiant
06-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Be there done that!
Well, post up a pic then! I want to see what an 11 second time slip looks like :goof

jbiscuit
06-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Drivin that thing down highway 100 lol. Streetcar!!! Plus drove it all the way out to gus's? Damn!

SmokinRAM114
06-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Ur headlight worked when u left oscars I believe

Dr.Buick
06-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Ur headlight worked when u left oscars I believe
The left front does not work, as not from day one of hid install.

scaleracer
06-27-2010, 11:44 AM
It was cool to see it out! Sucks you got pulled over but at least they let you off.

Slow5oh
06-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Saw you last night car looks great. I was gonna stop to check it out but didn't think the cop would appreciate that haha

Waver
06-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Damn, I missed this? I didnt get out till later.

WickedSix
06-28-2010, 10:02 AM
you were heading south about a minute or two behing him when he went to load it up nic

Nick 1
06-30-2010, 05:50 PM
It was nice to see the car in person @ Gus's !!!!!!!!!

Bad Ass Buick !!!!!!!!!!!

Reverend Cooper
06-30-2010, 06:33 PM
ahahahaha Don Johnson was at the track day doing 62mph on the straight lol

SpdRcrZ
07-01-2010, 11:01 PM
I see my old middle school in the background in that first pic...... back then, Gus's used to be "The Trojan Horse", and then it was "Michael's" while I was in HS.

I love GN's!

u_say_go
07-02-2010, 09:20 AM
LMAO @ the Don Johnson (rick almandi) comment.

Waver
07-02-2010, 12:40 PM
you were heading south about a minute or two behing him when he went to load it up nic

Ah, that stinks........oh well, there will be other times to see it

Mallett Vette/Diablo
07-05-2010, 05:59 PM
ahahahaha Don Johnson was at the track day doing 62mph on the straight lol

You guys are pretty brutal. Maybe you didn't know I picked up the car the day before GTTrack days after having the rims redone by ProjectTwo and a local Firestone tire shop. They messed up the balancing and each front wheel was 12 to 14 ounces off on weights. I found the problem when I tried to go over 80 on the track. I only ran two sessions with the Lambo and parked it, too dangerous. I thought I was driving one of those Latino cars with all the batteries in the trunk...the front end was hopping and shaking so bad. Mike, the lead instructor added insult and asked if I needed an instuctor because I seemed to be going a little slow. I told him I was having front end "car issues" and he said "sure you do."

I don't recall seeing any of you passing me when I ran 160 up the main straight during the one session I took in the Vette.

Don Johnson

Dr.Buick
07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
That seeks like a ton of weight on the front rims. I was not at RA, so no way I chould pass you. I will say this I have raced a lot of cars if there is a problem don't take the car to the track.

nismodave
07-05-2010, 06:36 PM
If you were having that much trouble with the rims. You should not of had it on the track at all. You didnt notice when you drove the car to the track?

Congrats on reaching 160. You must be proud.

Dr.Buick
07-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Congrats on reaching 160. You must be proud.[/QUOTE]

I have done 160 in 1320 and in my stock car.

Mallett Vette/Diablo
07-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Apparently Reverend Cooper likes to make fun of someone when they're having car problems. Why not try to make "positive" comments when posting?

Prince Valiant
07-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Apparently Reverend Cooper likes to make fun of someone when they're having car problems. Why not try to make "positive" comments when posting?positive comments come out all the time....it's just who limits themselves to only positive comments?

Someone sees something funny, we point it out...even if deemed negative by another.

I mean, seeing an exotic going up a front straight slower than my insight could would be hilarious in my book. Sucks that it was you who provided us that image...oh well, move on from it. Not like we're laughing at a big accident; just a car going slow when it shouldn't have.

Dr.Buick
07-05-2010, 06:45 PM
The rev had problems too before he went to RA, but I addressed them before he went. I am not saying you are not a nice guy, but the way you drove into Gus's sat nite makes it easy to make fun of you sorry.:durr

Ps I have big ears but it's from all the woman hanging on over the years. Lol

Yooformula
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
If you were having that much trouble with the rims. You should not of had it on the track at all. You didnt notice when you drove the car to the track?

wow kinda brutal, I think he posted that he didnt know he had the problem prior to taking it to the track, "I found the problem when I tried to go over 80 on the track.". Normally most people wouldnt assume the tire shop fucked up their newly balanced tires. My car seems smooth till I hit 80-90mph then it shakes like nuts.

nismodave
07-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Well even if he didnt know about it on way to the track. So he did 65 all the way up there....ahem.

He did more than a few laps at RA. When you are going that slow all the way around, even in lower classes, you become a giant roadblock and danger to others.

Mallett Vette/Diablo
07-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Nope...no trouble driving 70 on the way to the track...but once I tried going over 80 at the track, it felt like the front end was going to shake off...plus I checked with the shop and asked if the wheels had been balanced when I picked up the car...apparently "Hoseb" not Jose had done the balancing...

Dr.Buick
07-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Looks lime you need a better shop to work on your cars lol.

Reverend Cooper
07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
ummmm,Just so you know I was just joking,but now it just seems like you have no clue.
Positive.car is cool
neg. you can"t drive cool car.
so solly lol

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
if you have any issues with a car, never take it on any track.

Dr.Buick
07-05-2010, 08:28 PM
The little 2.6L Nissan would dust that lambo. Lol.

Word on the street you big $$$$$ lambo got passed by a Neon? Tell me it's not true!

stealthy1ss
07-05-2010, 08:37 PM
I believe that there was a little neon that was running down the yellow vette in the corners at RA.

1320PNY
07-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Any Haters in here? Damn. If a guy buys a Lambo...look out...he's a loser.

Personally, congratulations on your purchase. Second, even if you are recently single and looking for girls half your age, dressing like Don Johnson is not going to do it, even with a Lambo.

The best thing to do with a car like that is do a class at RA. If you learn the track, then learn the car on the track, then do open track days, it's much better. Obvioulsy, you cut it too close with the repair/track day. Always give yourself a week or two of good weather to check the car out before you head up there, or take a mechanic and a full trailer with you to the track.

Hope you enjoy your new ride this summer!

P.S. Mike Cooper couldn't pull off that look when Miami Vice was still on the air and he's a little butt hurt. :goof

nismodave
07-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Nobody called the guy a loser. Or did I miss something??

Reverend Cooper
07-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Any Haters in here? Damn. If a guy buys a Lambo...look out...he's a loser.

Personally, congratulations on your purchase. Second, even if you are recently single and looking for girls half your age, dressing like Don Johnson is not going to do it, even with a Lambo.

The best thing to do with a car like that is do a class at RA. If you learn the track, then learn the car on the track, then do open track days, it's much better. Obvioulsy, you cut it too close with the repair/track day. Always give yourself a week or two of good weather to check the car out before you head up there, or take a mechanic and a full trailer with you to the track.

Hope you enjoy your new ride this summer!

P.S. Mike Cooper couldn't pull off that look when Miami Vice was still on the air and he's a little butt hurt. :goof

Not but hurt at all I again was just joking around obviously only you can do that and get away with it.lol
Sean have you ran you car at RA?
and Yeah no one called him a loser at all.
hating would entail me being jealous of him or the car,mine went fast than 63 on the straight and I have never wore melon colors nice try,FAIL

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-05-2010, 09:05 PM

Whammy

Reverend Cooper
07-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Nobody called the guy a loser. Or did I miss something??

ding ding ding,we have a winnah

Reverend Cooper
07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Whammy

Fuck you Ben,where is your car?

Yooformula
07-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Fuck you Ben,where is your car?

Whammy

:rolf

michelle
07-05-2010, 09:21 PM
You guys are pretty brutal. Maybe you didn't know I picked up the car the day before GTTrack days after having the rims redone by ProjectTwo and a local Firestone tire shop. They messed up the balancing and each front wheel was 12 to 14 ounces off on weights. I found the problem when I tried to go over 80 on the track. I only ran two sessions with the Lambo and parked it, too dangerous. I thought I was driving one of those Latino cars with all the batteries in the trunk...the front end was hopping and shaking so bad. Mike, the lead instructor added insult and asked if I needed an instuctor because I seemed to be going a little slow. I told him I was having front end "car issues" and he said "sure you do."

I don't recall seeing any of you passing me when I ran 160 up the main straight during the one session I took in the Vette.

Don Johnson

Bummer that you had bad luck at a track event. I've seen it happen at many track events that I have been too. Getting them rebalanced is sure better than hitting a wall or even going in the gravel trap.

Have you taken the Lambo to other track events? Can't say I have seen a Lambo at the tracks I have been to actually on the track. Usually they are the car someone drove to the track only to jump into another cool car for the event. :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
07-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I will agree mechanical issues suck,I had one that almost kept me from going.agree with michelle that can suck royal ass.
see i kinda knew there had to be a reason for the 62 mph straight

michelle
07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I will agree mechanical issues suck,I had one that almost kept me from going.agree with michelle that can suck royal ass.
see i kinda knew there had to be a reason for the 62 mph straight

I was glad to see you guys found the problem on your car early enough to fix it and fix it good. :woo:

Reverend Cooper
07-05-2010, 09:42 PM
yeah not only could it have sidelined me,but it would have been a major safety issue thats for sure,Jimbo took care of it where other people would have quit

MoCkiN U
07-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I'll be nice to dude just cause I dont know anyone who owns a lambo just so I can bum a ride sometime ........ :banana

Didnt Sean do a RA track day with you guys this summer already??? I know he took it out there last year too. Shit driving the hell out of that car is what he does

Reverend Cooper
07-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I dunno thats why i asked,my car gets driven too, alot

Irish
07-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Funny thing is, more than half the people making fun of him here, wouldn't have the balls to do it to his face.

PureSound15
07-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Funny thing is, more than half the people making fun of him here, wouldn't have the balls to do it to his face.

True. I can't imagine anyone would be willing to give 'er hell on the track if there was an inkling of a problem with their $10-30k car, let alone if it was a lamborghini. I do see the issue with running so slow on the track though.

Nice car :thumbsup

Todd Z
07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
I've met rick a few times, he is a very nice guy. As one of the guys putting the event on I would have like to known about the wheel issue. We could have had it fixed locally. If unable to fix it he would have been asked to stop.Our chief instructor did put some help in his car. I was told it was because he was going slow. I figured because he did wreck a car there already he wanted to take it easy and protect his car. I will be contacting Mike (chief instructor) to find out if he was aware of the wheel problem.

I did see his Vette moving along pretty good later in the day Monday while in a students car.

I do ask all the volunteers please be respectful to all our drivers. We will have another event next year and would like to see them back again.

Reverend Cooper
07-06-2010, 07:06 PM
I deffinitely would have been able to get the wheel issue rectified that day for him if needed.Its to bad no one new. I was merely joking is all. hopefully Rick is not so mad about a bit of ribbing,gotta admit its ironic to see fast ass car go that slow is all.

C654321
07-09-2010, 12:33 AM
I've seen that Lambo. It's a beautiful car. I think he also has a Mallett Corvette that makes just under 700hp on pump gas and is a daily driver, not bad.

Dr.Buick
07-09-2010, 07:26 AM
I've seen that Lambo. It's a beautiful car. I think he also has a Mallett Corvette that makes just under 700hp on pump gas and is a daily driver, not bad.

I'm Happy for him!!!!!!! Lets line up his 700hp pump has car vs a little 240 E85 car at the track. or my 1600 HP PUMP GAS CAR ,:thumbsup Money cant buy brains just woman and cars. :rolf

Todd Z
07-09-2010, 07:37 AM
I'm Happy for him!!!!!!! Lets line up his 700hp pump has car vs a little 240 E85 car at the track. or my 1600 HP PUMP GAS CAR ,:thumbsup Money cant buy brains just woman and cars. :rolf

5 runs at Great lakes = You win!

5 laps at RA = He wins!

C654321
07-09-2010, 07:47 AM

I was in no way implying that his daily driver could beat your purpose built drag car, simply that I like his car. However no no to imply anything from my next statement I will simply say it "DR BUICK YOUR AN ASSHOLE"

Dr.Buick
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I was in no way implying that his daily driver could beat your purpose built drag car, simply that I like his car. However no no to imply anything from my next statement I will simply say it "DR BUICK YOUR AN ASSHOLE"
yes i am a asshole so FUCK OFF

C654321
07-09-2010, 09:17 AM
By the way "DR BUICK" I saw your car at Gus's too and thought it was a pretty cool car... Not sure why you have such a negitive attitude....

Dr.Buick
07-09-2010, 09:19 AM
By the way "DR BUICK" I saw your car at Gus's too and thought it was a pretty cool car... Not sure why you have such a negitive attitude....
Joe said I'm a cocksucker so do't mind shit I say. I took what you said the wrong was. I'M SORRY. i thought you were a buddie of his that just came to talk shit about his rides. I'm sorry again fot what I said

JMG853
07-12-2010, 08:33 AM
The gentlemen you speak of is Rick, who is a great guy. I am sure you would share the same opinion too if you met him.

He has raced at RA a number of times over the years and is a experienced driver, not a novice.

Todd - Glad Rick was able to attend your event - I have heard nothing but good things about GT Track Days. Glad it went well.