PDA

View Full Version : O-ring Block/Cylinder head question.

DurtyKurty
06-25-2010, 05:08 PM
I am considering O-ringing my cylinder head, but I am having difficulty finding one piece of information on the placement of the O-ring. I know how wide and deep to make the o-ring groove, and I know that it's to be placed over the fire ring. But, I need to know if there is any specifics as to where over the fire ring is the best spot. I don't know if it should be centered, or favor the inside/outside diameter or be a specific distance from edge. I'm using .041 wire with a stock type graphite gasket with the O-ring in the head. Any suggestions?

Dr.Buick
06-26-2010, 04:53 PM
I am considering O-ringing my cylinder head, but I am having difficulty finding one piece of information on the placement of the O-ring. I know how wide and deep to make the o-ring groove, and I know that it's to be placed over the fire ring. But, I need to know if there is any specifics as to where over the fire ring is the best spot. I don't know if it should be centered, or favor the inside/outside diameter or be a specific distance from edge. I'm using .041 wire with a stock type graphite gasket with the O-ring in the head. Any suggestions?

Mine have the ring in the head. with a copper gasket. and everyone does it diffrent. never get the same answer twice