PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Tornado

mr.gone1985
06-24-2010, 08:41 PM
While I am very lucky that my house is still standing, this has been a experience of a lifetime. I certainly don't have the most damage but it looks like I'm out of my house for about 3 months. I am only showing pictures of my house because I am willing to share my story and don't want to show others damage. To tell the truth I'm so sick of people passing through just to see it and making it harder for those trying to help. I know people are interested but it does add to the cayous. It is a complete roller coaster ride of emotions from the looters and lose to the help complete strangers are so willing to give. The whole thing has shown there are truely more good people out there than bad. It is amazing how much better the area looks just 3 days later. I am only showing outside pictures right now because I was told not to let people see the inside until things are in place as to what to do with the house. All I can say is the inside is full of glass, leaves, water, shingles, and tree branches.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr43/mrgone1985/001-3.jpg

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr43/mrgone1985/002-1.jpg

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr43/mrgone1985/007.jpg

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr43/mrgone1985/009.jpg

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr43/mrgone1985/005.jpg

Karps TA
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Shitty! What is that sticking out of your back window?

I can only imagine the amount of sight seers out there. We had a ton of them through Muskego as well. My road was closed off, and I'd never seen so many people having to back up into my driveway to turn around from cars I didn't recognize.

03Seville
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
wow, im glad everyone came out ok in the end... sry to hear about your house though, i couldnt imagine being in your position..

mr.gone1985
06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Karps TA;653125] What is that sticking out of your back window?

It is the drapes from my son's room. Thank God we weren't sleeping because our beds were covered in glass.

xxtremeteam
06-24-2010, 08:54 PM
I think he is talking the third pic? sorry and hope they get you home faster than 3 months

mr.gone1985
06-24-2010, 09:03 PM
The drapes are hanging out of my son's bedroom (3rd picture) and my room (the 4th picture).

michelle
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Wow, that's heartbreaking to look at, but great to hear everyone is okay in your house and in the surrouding area.

Best wishes as you recover belongings and begin rebuilding.

b4mytm
06-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow,so sorry this happened to you,but glad that you and your family are ok.

moels
06-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Amazed at the damage it caused. My brother owns American Signal and donated a siren to Eagle after their system didn't sound during the tornado. He's in this news video near the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dKYB7yJz5Q

Flicktitty
06-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Jim, Good to hear you are doing ok. I was actually in the area tonight and took a quick drive through the area. truly is heartbreaking to see.

like i said in the text the other day if you need anything please feel free to let me know what you need.

xxsn0blindxx
06-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Wow I think I'd puke if that happened to my house. Good luck with the repairs and hope all goes well.

Yooformula
06-25-2010, 12:07 PM
wow. thank god nobody was hurt and sorry to hear you have to go through this shit.

mr.gone1985
06-25-2010, 07:21 PM
It is not as bad as I thought it would be to see my house like this. Yes it sucks but so far things are not looking as bad as thought. Granted that could change but when you go through this you look at things different. I walked out of my basement wondering what I would see and glad to be alive. What was happening at that point to the house didn't really matter. I thought my house was bad and then I saw my neighbor's houses and they are half gone. I felt even more lucky then. All the things most important to me were unharmed. I saved all of the pictures I needed, computer, and a few things that I know my son would want. The rest I was willing to lose with no regret. One of the last things I checked was my car. While it is important, it is still can be fixed or replaced. I still haven't pulled the car out of the garage to look at it. Maybe I will have time this weekend.

Slow Joe
06-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Wow, good to hear you're all doing good, and that your house is still standing.

I don't even know how I'd react in that position. I'm thinking that's one of those moments you're happy you have insurance.

Ricky Bobby
06-28-2010, 01:32 PM
glad you and fam are fine

emptypockets
06-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Posterchild for needing good homeowners insurance!!! Glad You and Your family made it out of that ok!

97z2801ss
06-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Glad your okay man sounds crazy!

94greenbandit
06-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Glad to hear that you guys are ok.

My wife and I with the kids were driving back from Milton when the storm was starting to get bad. Turned onto NN from E towards Mukwonago and got a flat tire. We got back in the car at 8:58 and I guess as soon as we got home(EE and I) the tornado hit. It was scary to hear that we were that close with having to change a tire during the storm. I couldn't imagine if it were 15 minutes later what would have happened especially with my wife and kids in the car. Just lucky I guess

MoCkiN U
06-28-2010, 10:02 PM
what was it like being in the basement during all of that? Could you hear the destruction happening above or was it just over quick? I have never been in something like that and would probably be scared shitless but faking it for my family.

At least you guys came out of it okay. Thats most important as you know I guess

CPonyGo
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM
My girlfriend's condo was in the middle of the f1 in Muskego..her place was untouched but go 40 ft in any direction and roofs trees and ac units were gone...

if you need anything in the way of flooring or help in repairs of flooring plz send a note..good advice and work..will help in any way to ease your costs and get you back in...

mr.gone1985
06-30-2010, 02:03 PM
what was it like being in the basement during all of that? Could you hear the destruction happening above or was it just over quick? I have never been in something like that and would probably be scared shitless but faking it for my family.

At least you guys came out of it okay. Thats most important as you know I guess

I'm not going to lie I was shaking like crazy!!! I was scared but only for a brief second thought that this was the end for me. Once the glass started breaking from the wndows I knew things were pretty bad. Then you could hear the wind just whipping through the place and the house making sounds I've never heard before. It only was really bad for about a minute or so, but felt much longer. There was the pre-tornado winds, torando, and then the winds as it left. Not to mention the strong strom that came with it all. I learned a lot about myself and how I'm going to be prepared in the future.

mr.gone1985
06-30-2010, 02:06 PM
My girlfriend's condo was in the middle of the f1 in Muskego..her place was untouched but go 40 ft in any direction and roofs trees and ac units were gone...

if you need anything in the way of flooring or help in repairs of flooring plz send a note..good advice and work..will help in any way to ease your costs and get you back in...

Thanks I'll keep it in mind. Right now everything is going good with insurance and the company do the work so hopefully I won't need any other help.

flyin_blue_egg
07-01-2010, 12:50 PM
i'm glad to hear you and your family made it out OK...i'm guessing somebody already said this but i'll say it too...while you may have lost some memories (pics etc) those can be replaced, along with the damage to the house fixed, but the life of a family member can't.

mr.gone1985
07-01-2010, 05:48 PM
i'm glad to hear you and your family made it out OK...i'm guessing somebody already said this but i'll say it too...while you may have lost some memories (pics etc) those can be replaced, along with the damage to the house fixed, but the life of a family member can't.

To tell you the truth I didn't lose any pictures that were important to me. Right after the tornado went through I ran around the house gathering all of the pictures and got the computer and monitor to safe place. I put all of the pictures into a cooler and covered it. I also put the computer in a cooler and covered it with plastic. I then got the fire box to a safer place from water.