PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner TV problems again

Neal Steffek
06-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Anyone else have their TW coming in all messed up or am i the only one this mourning?

Ricky Bobby
06-24-2010, 06:39 AM
u and alot of others i know there was 800 extra calls after the storm tues night so there still could be some problems we are still working on it

0TransAm0
06-24-2010, 06:39 AM
mine didn't even work for about 15 min.. works now tho.

03Seville
06-24-2010, 07:35 AM
It seems that the majority of the problems have been resolved but Im sure theirs still a few that we're working on.
Problems shouldn't last long though, if it just started this morning Im sure it's something that we are already working on.

Neal Steffek
06-24-2010, 07:55 AM
mine didn't even work for about 15 min.. works now tho.

Same here. Mine works now also. I love how TW says they never have outages, yet once a month the shit doesn't work. :fire

03Seville
06-24-2010, 07:59 AM
We actually still are having a problem in parts. It's a freezing issue that is being worked on right now.

edit: Prob cleared now in all areas. shouldnt be having anymore issues

brotherbenn83
06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Same here. Mine works now also. I love how TW says they never have outages, yet once a month the shit doesn't work. :fire

Yeah what kinda BS cable company can't stand a random WI tornado?:chair:

03Seville
06-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah what kinda BS cable company can't stand a random WI tornado?:chair:

lol

Silver86
06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
must be a Milwaukee thing... cause out by me, ive never had an issue with TW...

Firefighter Z
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
I have been having problems for the last 2 months with internet and cable from TW. I got new router and box and still the same problems. I'm getting upset with their customer service and these 2 year contract deals are bs.

03Seville
06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I have been having problems for the last 2 months with internet and cable from TW. I got new router and box and still the same problems. I'm getting upset with their customer service and these 2 year contract deals are bs.

Have you had a tech out? the majority of the time it not a bad box or router... their is usually an underlying issue somewhere causing everything.

Car Guy
06-24-2010, 04:23 PM

I thought TW did not require contracts.....:confused

Z28Envy
06-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Mine was freezing this morning up here in Plyouth but wsan't doing it for long. This is the first time I have had a problem with the actual cable feed. The digital boxes on the other hand are fucking junk. I have gone through 4 already!

Z28Envy
06-24-2010, 04:25 PM
I thought TW did not require contracts.....:confused

You can lock in a lower rate for 2 years. Then you're entered into contract.

Firefighter Z
06-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Have you had a tech out? the majority of the time it not a bad box or router... their is usually an underlying issue somewhere causing everything.

I had a Tech come out 2 days after I got my replacement router box which was only for internet and not for phone cause TW Southridge didn't have my phone router box. The day before the Tech came out, the internet started working. So the day of when the Tech came, I walked out and gave him the router back, told him everything is so far working, he looks on his computer and says that my connection is good...
I explain whats been going on and he states that a lot of people been having the same problem as I but they don't know whats causing it.

On the 18th everything when out that is TW... Phone, Internet, Cable. I call the billing department, payment isn't due for a few days, so I pay it anyways. I call the number for outages, Automated voice states that I have an outage.

Yesterday I had no internet Again.

03Seville
06-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I had a Tech come out 2 days after I got my replacement router box which was only for internet and not for phone cause TW Southridge didn't have my phone router box. The day before the Tech came out, the internet started working. So the day of when the Tech came, I walked out and gave him the router back, told him everything is so far working, he looks on his computer and says that my connection is good...
I explain whats been going on and he states that a lot of people been having the same problem as I but they don't know whats causing it.

On the 18th everything when out that is TW... Phone, Internet, Cable. I call the billing department, payment isn't due for a few days, so I pay it anyways. I call the number for outages, Automated voice states that I have an outage.

Yesterday I had no internet Again.

At the moment we have still have quite a few random spots where the internet is messed up from the storms but if you have been having these intermittent problems for awhile you should def give TW a call and get one of us back out their. Even if the tech says that signal looks good on his computer it doesn't mean that their isn't another problem. Signal is only one of the things we look at, their are many more odds & ends that could cause you problems.

lordairgtar
06-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Mines working here in Muskego.

Steve03CVPI
06-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I have cable, phone and internet with Time Warner, never had any problems at all.

Lash
06-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Even with an outage every now and then, it's still 200x better than DTV that I had.

Steve03CVPI
06-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I have cable, phone and internet with Time Warner, never had any problems at all.

Sure as shit I said that and phone, cable, and internet were off for almost 2 hours today.:fire

Silver86
06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
shouldve knocked on wood... last night... all my HD channels were all pixelated and skippy... on both of our tvs

looks like its back to normal now...

BR3W CITY
06-27-2010, 05:05 PM
i had the same happen. I could only get fx and discovery channel without glitching... and I had seen what was on before :(

brotherbenn83
06-27-2010, 06:55 PM
I have a similar issue with my HD channels at times, but the normal channels work fine. Any of our TWC insiders have info on this issue?

03Seville
06-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I have a similar issue with my HD channels at times, but the normal channels work fine. Any of our TWC insiders have info on this issue?

If you're having consistent issues than give TW a call... Their no reason that you should be having problems on a regular basis and you should get a tech out there.

It's really hard to diagnose anything without actually being at your house, their are countless little items that could possibly cause your problems.

Korndogg
06-27-2010, 08:01 PM
my signal is always fucked up on at least a couple of my HD channels at any given time. I live in an apartment though so I imagine that plays a role in it but I pay just as much as everyone else so I still shouldn't have these problems. I don't know if an amp would help or anything like that.

03Seville
06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
my signal is always fucked up on at least a couple of my HD channels at any given time. I live in an apartment though so I imagine that plays a role in it but I pay just as much as everyone else so I still shouldn't have these problems. I don't know if an amp would help or anything like that.

Being in an apartment really has no affect on it, TW's system is designed for the area it is in, so their should be more than enough signal in your apartment to go without a problem.

I live in an apartment and have no issues except of course for the occasional problem that is usually quickly back to normal.

Ricky Bobby
06-27-2010, 09:19 PM
mark u shut up :rolf my shit was also blocking and tiling yesterday on a couple ch must had been an area prob cause my shit is perfect yo :goof

Korndogg
06-28-2010, 06:15 AM
mark u shut up :rolf my shit was also blocking and tiling yesterday on a couple ch must had been an area prob cause my shit is perfect yo :goof

lol I've been telling you for like a year now I've been having problems..

Ricky Bobby
06-28-2010, 08:54 AM
well u live 3blks away and never call me so lmk when u want me to stop over and ill check it out :rolf

Neal Steffek
06-30-2010, 05:04 AM
And my cable TV is out again. Fisrt is froze up, now just a black screen. WTF.

Z28Envy
06-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Yep same here up in Plymouth. Tried calling and the line was busy.

b4mytm
06-30-2010, 06:22 AM
cable is out here too....

fly5150
06-30-2010, 06:37 AM
locked up down here. Internet is fine though. :)

MY4RCDGSX
06-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Locked up here too. Phone and Internet up and running though.

ND4SPD
06-30-2010, 07:11 AM
I got nothing either... Probably because I was raving about them in a different thread.

BR3W CITY
06-30-2010, 08:05 AM
yup no cable here either...

03Seville
06-30-2010, 08:10 AM
It was an area issue, suppose to be fixed now. All of TW was affected by it...

Neal Steffek
06-30-2010, 08:37 AM
It was an area issue, suppose to be fixed now. All of TW was affected by it...

I have to ask, what are these "issues" that TW has ALL the time. I can see if they are going to update the firmware in my box, or roll out more channels, but damn, once a week our TW goes out. The sad part is TW used to, or still does talk about how their service never goes out like Sat but yet in fact they go out way more.

03Seville
06-30-2010, 08:47 AM
I have to ask, what are these "issues" that TW has ALL the time. I can see if they are going to update the firmware in my box, or roll out more channels, but damn, once a week our TW goes out. The sad part is TW used to, or still does talk about how their service never goes out like Sat but yet in fact they go out way more.

We have our issues like any other provider has and Id never deny that... but the fact is we don't have nearly as many outages as satellite experiences.

Our issues are few and far between though, if you are having problems on a weekly basis than there's something wrong with your services, not TW system...

CPonyGo
06-30-2010, 08:51 AM
so what are the issues...is it like hope and change? ;)

Rocket Power
06-30-2010, 09:25 AM
We have our issues like any other provider has and Id never deny that... but the fact is we don't have nearly as many outages as satellite experiences.

In my experience, satellite outage last a couple minutes, cable outages were normally hours.I'd rather have a few minutes, hence why I have sat :)

03Seville
06-30-2010, 09:54 AM
In my experience, satellite outage last a couple minutes, cable outages were normally hours.I'd rather have a few minutes, hence why I have sat :)

I agree to an extent, I mean I had satellite for a couple years when I lived in an area that didnt have cable and I really never had a problem with DTV, dish on the other hand was a neverending nightmare for me :fire...

william schlosser
06-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I live in Racine and mine was out 2hrs this morning.

Ricky Bobby
06-30-2010, 05:01 PM
yea somehting this morning broke and was out till 730 they said

Neal Steffek
07-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Time Warner TV and Internet was out for an hour earlyer this mourning, and for an hour about the same time the other day. Being out at 3AM may not bother most, but for someone like me who works at night, and thus is up all night on my nights off it blows.

Ricky Bobby
07-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Time Warner TV and Internet was out for an hour earlyer this mourning, and for an hour about the same time the other day. Being out at 3AM may not bother most, but for someone like me who works at night, and thus is up all night on my nights off it blows.

have u had a tech out lately to look at it also we do alot of our updates to equip between 1 and 3am

Neal Steffek
07-21-2010, 07:41 AM
have u had a tech out lately to look at it also we do alot of our updates to equip between 1 and 3am

I have no problem with "updates" but if they are going to do an update why not let us know before hand? That way I don't have to spend a half hour on hold trying to talk to someone.:fire

Ricky Bobby
07-21-2010, 03:30 PM
I have no problem with "updates" but if they are going to do an update why not let us know before hand? That way I don't have to spend a half hour on hold trying to talk to someone.:fire

i just recieved another call from them thats 3 calls in 3wks telling me they will be doin updates lol wonder if ur not home when they call or sumfin

Neal Steffek
07-21-2010, 04:16 PM
i just recieved another call from them thats 3 calls in 3wks telling me they will be doin updates lol wonder if ur not home when they call or sumfin

Could be. I never answer the phone if it starts with a 1-800, 1-888, 1-877 #'s.