PDA

View Full Version : I drew this little car.

lordairgtar
06-23-2010, 11:32 PM
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz182/vixen_015/Picture003.jpg
This was for a friend I met from New Zealand. I gave it to her when she visited this country. I know her from karaoke forums and we met at a karaoke show in the Chicago area when she took a vacation to the US meeting a bunch of us karaoke nuts all over the country. Note where the steering wheel is. It's a Nissan Micra. We don't get those here.

1997 Trans-Am
06-24-2010, 06:51 AM
http://assets.knowyourmeme.com/i/3374/original/Cool_story_bro_.jpg

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
06-24-2010, 07:16 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you do great work.

TraceDaddy
06-24-2010, 08:17 AM
I drove one when I was in Ireland. They do live up to the name "Micra".

And one of these days I need you to do another one of my car now that the look has changed. Do you do that during your Thursday meets?

GHOSST
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
karaoke show? They have those? Wow... more power to you bro...

STANMAN
06-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I was hoping to see a pic of the couple you drew at the Borchard show. The colorful VW with the matching blender, lol. Sunny and I joked that this would be the only opportunity you would ever have to use those color pencils!

lordairgtar
06-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Actually Stanman, the colors get used quite a bit. I did a Scooby van (not the one at Borchardts), a couple of Mopars and AMCs with those special colors from the 60s and 70s.

lordairgtar
06-24-2010, 10:46 PM
I drove one when I was in Ireland. They do live up to the name "Micra".

And one of these days I need you to do another one of my car now that the look has changed. Do you do that during your Thursday meets?
Yes, they are small. What we pay per gallon, they are paying per liter. They need those small cars with 1.5 engines to afford the fuel. I asked if anyone drives bigger cars they build over there (similar to Australian cars) and she says they tend to be used as special cars or executive cars. Their Prime Minister drives a Ford Falcon (awesome car on it's own). Aussie muscle cars are big, but not driven everyday.