PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4!

HP ADDICT
06-23-2010, 03:11 PM
:thumbsupGet it! Mine showed up today. Way faster screen is ultra sharp well worth the 200.

jbiscuit
06-23-2010, 03:13 PM
nice!

HP ADDICT
06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Suprised me showing up a day early.

srt4eh
06-23-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm getting mine tomorrow...Best Buy came through :)

HP ADDICT
06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Lucky guy! When I was at BB today to grab a case they said only 1/3 of the preorders showed up.

REBinc
06-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I think the ios4 is a lot faster overall, I'm liking my 3GS a lot more. It has noticably quicker transitions between apps.

DurtyKurty
06-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I got mine today... I've got a little bit of buyers remorse.

NOT! <---- so 90's

FoxStang
06-24-2010, 01:51 AM
I take it IOS4 is out for dl? Kind of sucks they didn't include multitasking for the 3g, might have to upgrade at the end of the year. Though by then I'll have to see what else AT&T has for smart phones.

WilliamZ
06-24-2010, 02:24 PM
I'd like to get the 4 but I just got my 32GB 3GS back in Feb and I'd have to pay $400 just for a 16GB :(

srt4eh
06-25-2010, 09:40 PM
I just sold my 8GB 3G for $150....I'm happy with paying $50 for my iPhone 4.

Goat Roper
06-25-2010, 10:53 PM
In before Myles says we are all gay for having iPhones

Rocket Power
06-25-2010, 11:14 PM
In before Myles says we are all gay for having iPhones

:rolf:rolf:rolf

Nix
06-26-2010, 12:26 AM
As of late it seems after I updated my iPhone it has been crashing on some sites. I will hit a button and it will automatically take me right back to the apps screen. Or on some apps I will post something and it wont show up but if I check on a home pc it will be there.

Is anyone experiencing issues like or similar to these?

badass88gt
06-26-2010, 12:34 AM
I updated my 3Gs to 4.0, I'm liking it so far, just wish they would figure out the Quicktime player in Safari to allow multitasking. I'm seeing more app updates come out supporting multitask, hoping for more...

NAiLs00
06-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I take it IOS4 is out for dl? Kind of sucks they didn't include multitasking for the 3g, might have to upgrade at the end of the year. Though by then I'll have to see what else AT&T has for smart phones.

I can't say for sure, but I've heard that jailbroken iOS4 on the 3G will allow multitasking. I've been contemplating on doing that myself because I'm annoyed they didn't include it.

My contract isn't up for another 8 months also, so I'll be waiting for an Android phone. The EVO 4G blew me away when I played with it.

*SNOOP*
06-27-2010, 11:14 AM
As of late it seems after I updated my iPhone it has been crashing on some sites. I will hit a button and it will automatically take me right back to the apps screen. Or on some apps I will post something and it wont show up but if I check on a home pc it will be there.

Is anyone experiencing issues like or similar to these?

Yes, I was having some shit going on like that... You have to do a restore and set it up as a new phone... Do not restore from backup... Then sync the phone for your contacts...

Slow5oh
06-27-2010, 12:09 PM
anyone having the antenna issue? I was thinking about it but have been reading around and ended up with a Moto Droid

ND4SPD
06-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Apple's solution to the antenna issue is to not hold onto the phone when you're using it. :D Also, don't drop the thing, Apple's refusing to replace any more shattered cases.

Force4
06-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I have the 3GS and with ios4 it's def a lot quicker. I had the same closing issue til I updated. I think a restore should solve your problem.

srt4eh
06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Apple's solution to the antenna issue is to not hold onto the phone when you're using it. :D Also, don't drop the thing, Apple's refusing to replace any more shattered cases.

haha....just have to be careful not to cover the small black bars on the side. Left handed people are the ones most affected. Get a case for it and problem solved.....everyone should have a case for their phone anyways....

PureSound15
06-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Myles will like this..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Neal Steffek
06-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Oh my god. That just made my day. :rolf

British_Ben
06-30-2010, 10:41 AM
That video was hilarious!

So guys, what's all the hype about with iPhones anyway? I can't for the life of me understand why so many people love this phone.

WhatsADSM
06-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Myles will like this..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:rolf:rolf:rolf That was good.

WhatsADSM
06-30-2010, 11:14 AM
So guys, what's all the hype about with iPhones anyway? I can't for the life of me understand why so many people love this phone.

Because it has an app that builds you an island, then it fucking transforms into a jet and flies you there.

badass88gt
06-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Pretty much. Mine turned into a ferry to get me around Door County last weekend. It was nice.

British_Ben
06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Because it has an app that builds you an island, then it fucking transforms into a jet and flies you there.

Dude. Awesome. I need one.

Now, onto a short interesting read about the iPhone4's antenna issues -> http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/30/iphone-4s-antenna-problem-looks-worse-than-it-is-but-its-stil/

T-Bag
06-30-2010, 01:58 PM
the iphone is far from being the best phone on the market...however its mass appeal comes from the fact it has the apple name on it and has bajillions of apps. The Android market is catching up...although i doubt it'll ever have the app collection the iphone does....but you also have to consider pretty much every android phone stomps the iphone into the ground and aren't on a shit network.

Its like the ipod...the zune kicks the shit out of a similar ipod touch but the name sells.

British_Ben
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
For people with iPhone4 having antenna issues -> http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/01/iphone-4-gets-a-1-alternative-to-pricey-bumpers/

DurtyKurty
07-02-2010, 11:23 AM
but you also have to consider pretty much every android phone stomps the iphone into the ground

I got to ask, and this is an honest question, what constitutes "stomping" another phone into the ground? I have the Iphone 4 and I really like it.... I don't know what an android could do that would make it so much better. Could you give a couple of examples? Again, I am wondering because I keep hearing over and over how much better android is... but how? And please keep to phone related features and not network related stuff.

T-Bag
07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I got to ask, and this is an honest question, what constitutes "stomping" another phone into the ground? I have the Iphone 4 and I really like it.... I don't know what an android could do that would make it so much better. Could you give a couple of examples? Again, I am wondering because I keep hearing over and over how much better android is... but how? And please keep to phone related features and not network related stuff.

Sorry I meant to clarify spec wise. I haven't had much of a chance to play with either to see what I personally like better...but from the little time I have I thought the Evo4 was a much smoother, faster, better setup phone. Another downside to the iphones is the fact that you can't add an SDcard for expansion or portability.

88Nightmare
07-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I believe with the iphone 4 you can use sd cards. However with some of the larger memory units, why would you need to?

88Nightmare
07-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I stand corrected. Iphone4 does NOT support SD, however, When comparing the Iphone4 vs the Droid X set for release middle of next month, the main differences I saw were in camera. Again, Droid ends up with a 8mp camera compared to the iphone4's 5mp. Droid has a larger screen, however iphone has a higher screen resolution. Droid weighs quite a bit more, and is physically larger in every dimension (height/width/thickness). Personally, I think it comes down to personal preference.

WhatsADSM
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
There is a little confusion in here. Android is an operating system... just like iOS4 is an operating system just like Windows XP is an operating system.

Iphone4 (hardware) runs the iOS4 (software)
Motorola was sneaky and named thier phone the droid. So Droid (hardware) runs Android (software).
The HTC Evo (hardware) runs Android (software)

So with that cleared up, hardware wise the iPhone 4 is a little out-classed (although only by a little bit) by the Evo and the upcoming droid; as they have bigger screens and better cameras.

Software wise it is really a matter of preference. The android platform is an open platform so you can find very powerful applications that apple wont allow. On the flip side the apple iOS has been around longer and has more apps and is typically more polished and easier to use.

If you are a "power user" or more of a tech nerd then Android probably will fit you better. For people that use a smartphone for more basic things and are more of an "everyday standard" user then iOS will likely fit you better.

agent orange acr
07-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I believe that the droid x will be able to do flash player, something like that, and I believe a faster processer.
I left verizon to go to at&t and get the Iphone 4. I really like the iphone it does everything I need it to do and does it faster than my old voyager,it looks good, great screen, love using the wifi.
The downside is the network I went to apple holler by the I94 I got no signal and couldn't recieve any calls, went to the grocery store it was useless. I had some vary important call that I never got, nor did it show they called. I hope at&t can better thier network or this will be a long painful 2 years.
The second problem is the "death grip" it a pain but manageable.
overall I like the phone but at&t needs to step it up.

British_Ben
07-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I believe that the droid x will be able to do flash player, something like that, and I believe a faster processer.
I left verizon to go to at&t and get the Iphone 4. I really like the iphone it does everything I need it to do and does it faster than my old voyager,it looks good, great screen, love using the wifi.
The downside is the network I went to apple holler by the I94 I got no signal and couldn't recieve any calls, went to the grocery store it was useless. I had some vary important call that I never got, nor did it show they called. I hope at&t can better thier network or this will be a long painful 2 years.

I had the opposite experience with ATT. I always had signal and if I had very low signal (1 bar), I could still make and receive calls. Now I have had Verizon since late February and have dropped a few calls and can't make or receive calls with low signal. It doesn't bother me too much as this is generally what happens with CDMA networks. GSM seems to be much more robust/better at penetrating buildings. CDMA seems more flaky with signal levels that can change every 5 ft in either direction. That's my experience with the different systems anyway.

WhatsADSM
07-02-2010, 03:42 PM

Flash support has been built into android phones for a LONG time now. I know for a fact many of the older/newer HTCs and even the original Moto droid have it. iPhone STILL doesn't have any support for it.

The G1, Incredible, Evo, already have a 1Ghz processor (like the iPhone4).

Like I said hardware wise the iPhone4 is already a hint behind the curve.

Android based phones(in a large part due to its open source nature) will move very quickly in almost every direction so it will be interesting to see how things play out within the next year or so. IMO Apple will need to step up their game as the competition has really heated up lately.

T-Bag
07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
never had any confusion about droid phones...I just call all phones that run android "droid phones". USCC is actually getting a couple of cool droid phones too...bout time they started to catch up.

WhatsADSM
07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
While we are on the subject. This is a funny one that is by the same guy that did the vid above.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAOtC9QfXac&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAOtC9QfXac&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>