PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 116

VroomPshhTsi
06-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Didn't see a UFC 116 thread yet and figured it's never too early.

Saturday July 3rd
9 pm

Lesnar vs. Carwin

Who ya got?

It seems most are picking Carwin seeing that Lesnar finally has someone as gigantic as himself to fight. Plus this is Lesnar's first fight back from illness. Logic would point to Carwin but I just can't pick against Lesnar.

Lesnar by stoppage.

Lash
06-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Carwin by K.O. 1st round.

SBC-Fox
06-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Lesnar has what 7 months of training and built up fustration having given up his belt due to illness. I'm thinking lesnar will win but it will be a good fight, I sure was wrong about the Liddell fight but i cant see Lesnar k.o. in the first round .

T-Bag
06-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Didn't see a UFC 116 thread yet and figured it's never too early.

Saturday July 3rd
9 pm

Lesnar vs. Carwin

Who ya got?

It seems most are picking Carwin seeing that Lesnar finally has someone as gigantic as himself to fight. Plus this is Lesnar's first fight back from illness. Logic would point to Carwin but I just can't pick against Lesnar.

Lesnar by stoppage.

Carwin is no where near Lesnar's size, even though he is a large dude....Lesnar is freakishly big.

I'm a fan of both guys, but I keep seeing Lesnar knocked out in my head. Good battle no matter what! :headbang

Car Guy
06-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Carwin is no where near Lesnar's size.

From what I read (which is a LOT on a daily basis) Carwin's 'everyday' weight of 280-285 is nearly identical to the 'new and improved' Lesnar's. Lesnar has Carwin by 1" in both height and reach but Carwin's hands are larger.....:D

Either way I have Carwin by T(KO) in the second round.....:banana1:

T-Bag
06-23-2010, 06:43 AM
From what I read (which is a LOT on a daily basis) Carwin's 'everyday' weight of 280-285 is nearly identical to the 'new and improved' Lesnar's. Lesnar has Carwin by 1" in both height and reach but Carwin's hands are larger.....:D

Either way I have Carwin by T(KO) in the second round.....:banana1:

Read all you want, did you see the dudes next to each other after the Carwin vs Mir fight? Not even close!

wheelsofsteel
06-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Read all you want, did you see the dudes next to each other after the Carwin vs Mir fight? Not even close!

Lesnar was wearing cowboy boats with a heal on them and Carwin was barefoot.

Car Guy
06-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Lesnar was wearing cowboy boats with a heal on them and Carwin was barefoot.

In addition to the 2-3" heels Lesnar was wearing a suit which adds to his size appearance.....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pBWa31-QiJk/S6_xxl_gzsI/AAAAAAAABVs/xoNP_91e3Dk/s640/UFC+111+Carwin+Lesnar+2.jpg

T-Bag
06-23-2010, 12:37 PM
we'll see when both of them are in the cage together

brotherbenn83
06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Carwin by stoppage! The dude is a beast. Lesnar has always used his size advantage, and while he is entertaining, I don't feel he is technically as proficient. Carwin is a fighter...not an ex-wrestler, ex-football player, ex-Coors Light pitchman. I just feel he is a better all around fighter. Either way, it will be a SHORT fight and quite explosive to watch me thinks.

Lash
06-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Either way, it will be a SHORT fight and quite explosive to watch me thinks.

Indeed.

I don't see it making it past the 1st round... or early 2nd at the longest.

T-Bag
06-23-2010, 08:19 PM
watch it be boring as shit and go to decision

hrsp
06-23-2010, 11:04 PM

i hope not...either way i say it ends in 1st...

Car Guy
06-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Tyler I was wrong, just listened to the conference call again between Lesnar and Carwin. With the new diet Lesnar said he currently weighs 265, Carwin is at 285.....

brotherbenn83
06-24-2010, 12:25 AM

GSP is not part of the fight....

wheelsofsteel
06-24-2010, 07:44 AM

Please tell me this is sarcasm

Karps TA
06-24-2010, 08:50 AM

LMAO. :thumbsup

brotherbenn83
06-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Please tell me this is sarcasm

Why is a guy nicknamed "rush" always taking a boring ass 25 minutes to get his decisions?

wheelsofsteel
06-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Out of 22 total professional mma fights only 7 went to a decision.

BR3W CITY
06-24-2010, 03:47 PM
I think its gonna end in the 2nd round with a sloppy k.o. but I won't pick sides. I can see lesnar getting gassed going into the second, and dropping guard long enough for Carwin to nail him with one of those canned-ham fists.
OR
Carwin tires out due to trying to fight off lesnars size (lets face it, Carwin hasn't been fighting guys of that avg size either) and the fight ends on the ground from stoppage.

94greenbandit
06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't think Lesnar will gas out like you think he will in the 2nd. Not sure who to pick. Should be a good fight regardless.

On a side note, where is everyone watching the fight

Car Guy
06-25-2010, 11:12 PM
On a side note, where is everyone watching the fight

Not sure yet; if nobody hosts I will pay the piper and go to Champps or Hooters in Brookfield. Buffalo Wild Wings is literally one mile from me in Oak Creek but their food is okay at best and the TV arrangement is terrible. Romine’s on 27th and College also shows the fight but I was told the place is a zoo during any PPV event.....

EvolvedRegal
06-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Not sure yet; if nobody hosts I will pay the piper and go to Champps or Hooters in Brookfield. Buffalo Wild Wings is literally one mile from me in Oak Creek but their food is okay at best and the TV arrangement is terrible. Romine’s on 27th and College also shows the fight but I was told the place is a zoo during any PPV event.....

Ill be at the BW's on Howell. It's a easy walk back home for me. Might want to get ther around 7 to get a decent seat if you have more than 5 people.

moels
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Weigh-in's on Spike right now!

T-Bag
07-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah...so after watching the weigh-ins Lesnar is in fact a bit bigger than Carwin. I think Carwin has the bigger arm's but Lesnar's torso is just fricken semi truck.

Z28Envy
07-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Fuckin tapped him out hahahahahhaha

T-Bag
07-03-2010, 11:59 PM
bwahahaha

Nice shots by Carwin though, but obviously they really had very little impact as Lesnar was fully alert by the end of the round.

Lesnar DWARFED Carwin in size. Can't believe how huge he actually is until you put him next to another extremely large heavyweight.

Reverend Cooper
07-04-2010, 12:04 AM
anyone that didnt think Lesnar would win needs their head examined

Z28Envy
07-04-2010, 12:07 AM
When lesnar first went down I was worried. Rosenthal did a great job of not stopping a title fight to fast. You could see carwin slowing down with each punch. Lesnar is one tough guy to weather that and you could see carwin was tired when he came out. I thought when lesnar took him down so easy that lesnar was going to be able to pound on carwin now but I dam never shit when he tapped him and he did it so right and patiently that I was suprised he was so smart about it.

Carin definetly hits like a truck but I guess it takes more than that to take out lesnar hahahaha

Z28Envy
07-04-2010, 12:15 AM
I was also very happy to see lesnar more respectful now! I think maybe he won some of the people back that turned on him after the mir fight!

Reverend Cooper
07-04-2010, 12:24 AM
lesnar is bad ass period.makes me laugh at how so many told everyone he would never do shit he was a washed up fake wrestler

Lash
07-04-2010, 12:51 AM
bwahahaha

Nice shots by Carwin though, but obviously they really had very little impact as Lesnar was fully alert by the end of the round.

Lesnar DWARFED Carwin in size. Can't believe how huge he actually is until you put him next to another extremely large heavyweight.

Please.
Lesnar isn't THAT much bigger to use words like 'dwarfed'.
And I can gaurantee that those first few shots by Carwin were closer than you think to putting Lesner out.

As soon as Carwin landed on his back I knew he was fucked after how gased he was. There's now way Cain is beating Brock. This dude might hold the belt until he retires.

Lash
07-04-2010, 12:53 AM

Seems pretty easy to make that case AFTER the fght. Care to make your predictions BEFORE the fight next time? :punch:

spooln30
07-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Am so glad the ref didn't stop it. Brock was taking a pounding but hung in there. For a massive guy Carwin is a powerful and fast striker. Brock is a very tough fighter. Brock deserved to win. I think with his health issue it made him more humble. Good fights tonight.

hrsp
07-04-2010, 02:56 AM
cant lie i was worried in the first but i think the ref did a great job of not jumping in to stop it to soon...alot of times when i guy is throwing alot of punches at the head they stop it regardless if a HUGE percent are htiing the gloves or the arms of the fighter...

happy for the guy...he almost died and is still a tough SOB...he used the word humble which was nice to hear...

also nice that he earned 400k for a nights work!

94greenbandit
07-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Well I was definitely surprised that Brock used a submission to win a fight, kind of shows he is evolving his game which will be dangerous for years to come.

I thought Lesnar was in trouble when he was scrambling away and didn't want to get hit anymore. Carwin looked like he was going after a wounded deer :).

Also nice change of pace to see Lesnar respectful to his opponent nad even complementing Shane. Definitely a changed man

VroomPshhTsi
07-04-2010, 01:08 PM

So where was your pre-fight prediction? It's MMA, anything can happen. Easy to talk crap AFTER the fight.
(note: I picked Lesnar, check first post)

VroomPshhTsi
07-04-2010, 07:14 PM
For those that missed the fight (before youtube pulls it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9R3-VWdic

Yooformula
07-04-2010, 10:48 PM
video gone but I just dl'd the entire ppv and will watch later tonight.

Anakonda69
07-04-2010, 11:19 PM
damnit i wanna see it i missed it.