PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tools and a Rolling Tool Chest

scubastang
06-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Mods not sure if this is the right forum but I thought it would get the most looks.

I got most of my tools stolen late last year and haven't replaced many yet. I am looking for anyone selling craftsmen/SK/Snap On/Mac even Husky etc tools. I can go buy my own but I thought someone might have some stuff to unload. Cheaper the better as they have a lifetime for a reason and I don't care if they are Snap On versus lets say craftsmen ;)

I am also specifically looking for a descent sized roller chest/drawer style tool chest. Really anything. Also if you know of anyone like mechanics retiring etc etc let me know ASAP as I want to buy something soon before Sears traps me :goof

Thanks,

Steve

2QUICK4U
06-29-2004, 10:02 AM
scubastang,

My friend Paul has a Snap On rolling tool chest. It's black and is almost new! Give him a call. His phone number is 414-840-4452 and he can give you more info on it. Tell him Rod told you about it.

scubastang
06-29-2004, 10:20 AM
scubastang,

My friend Paul has a Snap On rolling tool chest. It's black and is almost new! Give him a call. His phone number is 414-840-4452 and he can give you more info on it. Tell him Rod told you about it.

Ok sounds good but maybe I should clarify before I call him. I assume this is something like the typical $3K+ Snap On roller chest....I don't wrench enough to justify this. Let me know what sort of size/est.price it is before I call.

-->I am looking to spend under 600 for the chest. Tools I want to stay the same but obviously price is dependent on what is there.

2QUICK4U
06-29-2004, 11:58 AM
I do not know the size but this thing is big!! I think he is looking to get $5000 for it. I do know it was $7500 brand new! So I guess it will not work for you.

pOrk
06-29-2004, 03:04 PM
I have a few extra top boxes ( Craftsman ) and a tall lower single bay craftsman. They are older - but both myself and my old man upgraded. Prolly would let go for dirt cheap.

wikked
06-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Found this at Sears on clearance the other week for $60!
http://www.turbotuners.net/jeff/chest.jpg

scubastang
06-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Found this at Sears on clearance the other week for $60!

**** I want something bigger, but thats perfect! Is there any more left on sale? Where is it. Let me know ASAP. That will be a nice secondary set to store some of the odd ball crap!

Keep em coming guys!

Thanks

wikked
06-29-2004, 09:16 PM
It was the one in Brookfield Square mall, I didnt see any others, but I didn't ask if there were more in back either or anything.
It's better than the dresser drawer I was using :D
Maybe it's my Craftsman luck... couple years ago I got a 3/8 socket set (metric & sae) w/ratchet, on clearance for like $12. Who can resist :)

Yooformula
06-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Did you say they were selling that entire rolling tool chest for only $60???

wikked
06-29-2004, 10:06 PM
yep they "were", bottom+top...not sure if you could find another since it was about a few weeks/month ago.