PDA

View Full Version : whats a good test and tune night?

0TransAm0
06-22-2010, 04:52 PM
i want to run my car a couple times now that i have DR's just wondering what night was the "slower" night of the week?? if my rear end doesn't hold up i don't want to piss off alot of people :rolf

also i don't have a drive shaft safety loop on my car(have one just not installed yet) will it be required??

Prince Valiant
06-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Tuesdays and Wednesdays seem best...last time I went a couple weeks ago was on a Wed, and I could pretty much keeping looping through with no more than 2-3 minutes wait.

WhatsADSM
06-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Yea kind of depends on how fast you think you will be. If traction isn't *that* much of an issue for you then Tuesdays or Wednesdays would probably be best since you can get in a lot of runs easily.

If you need a little better prep Friday would be good, but typically there is a lot going on and you will get far fewer runs in.

Driveshaft loop isn't needed until 11.99 or 11.49 (I forget which one), but since you said you are on the stock rear end I'll assume you are probably okay without the loop.

juicedimpss
06-22-2010, 06:05 PM
take the time to put the loop in it,*IF* you break the shaft or a ujoint you will be happy its in there.

scaleracer
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
If traction is an issue go on a Thursday for slicks only/bike night it may have more cars but better track prep! We went on a Tuesday or Wednsday with our cars and the track wasn't good the cars hook better on the street than there could've just been a bad prep day idk.

0TransAm0
06-22-2010, 07:13 PM
my car hooks Great on the street with a very little burnout.. I'm thinking next wednesday..
and that will give me plenty of time to get the loop in..