PDA

View Full Version : J and R Concrete, ever heard of them?

pOrk
06-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Called a few places and these guys gave me the best bid, but I can't find any reviews on them online, good or bad. Anyone ever use them or know their work? Looking to add 275 sq ft onto my driveway

Yooformula
06-22-2010, 09:10 AM
are they just going to pour and you do the setup work or did you plan on them doing everything?

pOrk
06-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Everything

WickedSix
06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Where are they out of? I used to work with a guy named Rob that had a concrete side business. IT was just him and a couple other guys, but they did some nice work.

Car Guy
06-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Eric, take pictures of the area you would like to add concrete to and post them in this thread or send them to me. I will forward them to my cousin who might be interested, did not think of him when you contacted me the other day. You might pay more through him compared to others but I can guarantee the work will be top notch.....

jbiscuit
06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Nick's Concrete...same dude that does the stump pulling etc. Great prices and had a nice album of his work.

pOrk
06-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I thought about using Nick but all the reviews I've read of his concrete work aren't very good, and they did Central Bark where Lisa works and its graded ass backwards. Everytime it rains they have 2 inches of standing water they need to squeegee to the edge of the patio.

0TransAm0
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I thought about using Nick but all the reviews I've read of his concrete work aren't very good, and they did Central Bark where Lisa works and its graded ass backwards. Everytime it rains they have 2 inches of standing water they need to squeegee to the edge of the patio.

they need to get that shit mudjacked.. lol

awsomeears
06-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Cheapest bid for concrete = Poor prep and Finish !!!

Justin is right my cousin has done plenty of it but he may not do it anymore, I know for larger jobs they used this one guy that poured my fathers Massive Slab. Still looks mint to this day ( 7 years ago ) one side was 4" all the way up to 20" because of the back yard sloping down.....