PDA

View Full Version : efi live

lilws6
06-21-2010, 03:06 PM
well go figure the trucks tuned with efi live with a 5way switch. followed the wires and there hooked into a harness up front. so we reconnected the switch and it seems to change somethign not exactly shure what yet, but the idle changes and one of the tunes dumps alot more fuel. got a boost guage from twigbert now just waiting for my 12' boost line to show up at work tomarow :) i think i'll be needing a pillar pod soon tho

emptypockets
06-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Well its good that you figured out whats going on in there. The bad is that you have NO idea where the tunes came from and what there parameters are..... I guess if your happy with it and willing to risk someone elses handy work, just leave it alone. If not, get her flashed back to stock and do your own thing.

Yeehaw
07-19-2010, 11:34 AM
it has a lope idle tune and a smoke tune, the other few settings should be HP tunes, i would stay away from the highest tune

0TransAm0
07-19-2010, 01:25 PM
didn't you get this truck from a private seller? or if it was a dealer can't you ask for the previous owners contact info and and ask the guy what he had done to it and what not?

Yeehaw
07-20-2010, 10:28 AM
didn't you get this truck from a private seller? or if it was a dealer can't you ask for the previous owners contact info and and ask the guy what he had done to it and what not?

a lot of dealers won't give it away

best bet is check with someone like Huckstorf or Dan's Diesel to see if they can figure out what tunes were put in....or reprogram it so you know yourself then what tunes are installed so you don't smoke a piston or smoke that Allison