PDA

View Full Version : Sabor Brazillian BBQ... MMMM!!!!

TheRX7Project
06-21-2010, 06:27 AM
So I took the old man out to Sabor yesterday for father's day. Granted it was expensive as hell ($120 for the both of us, +tip and parking) but it was SO GOOD!

13 different cuts of meat, including filet, bacon wrapped filet, a few different sirloins, chicken, lamb chops, pork and beef tenderloins, even homemade sausage... oh yeah, ALL YOU CAN EAT, and served to you right at your table! Extremely flavorful and so very tender, there was not a cut of meat I didn't enjoy.

I highly recommend this place to the carnivores here. You will not be disappointed!

The way they serve it is very different. You have a "coaster" that is red on one side and green on the other. When you want more meat, you flip it to green, and the servers come around with their meat, one by one, and ask you if you want some. If you do, they carve it right off the spear for you (or with the smaller cuts, slide you off a piece). When you've had enough (or want some time to catch up), you flip to the red side and they leave you alone. When the green side is up, all bets are off. We had to flip to red on more than one occasion, just to try and get caught up with what was on our plates!

If you go there, and DON'T find at least one cut of meat you don't thoroughly enjoy... you must be a vegetarian.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

HITMAN
06-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Yeah, a bunch of my friends and I ate there about three years ago. It was like being in meat eater heaven. It was very modern looking inside and the staff was excellent. Also, along with the meat cuts being great, the rice was very good and the fried bananas kicked ass. At the time we went it was $46 per person tax, tip and bar tab not included. Sounds like it's gone up a bit since then.

TheRX7Project
06-21-2010, 08:29 AM
At the time we went it was $46 per person tax, tip and bar tab not included. Sounds like it's gone up a bit since then.
That's what it was (I think it was $48ea), but I included our drinks in the $120.

Prince Valiant
06-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Went there and enjoyed it as well...to me it struck me as a "eat for the experience" type place, and while very good, thought there were better examples of selections of the meat types they served. IIRC, I really really like the sirloin....the pork by contrast left me disappointed.

It's a great way to start a night of drinking as we did, or as a place to go as part of a bachelor party.

HITMAN
06-21-2010, 10:09 AM
the pork by contrast left me disappointed.

See, now if it's that parmesan crusted pork you're talking a about, I really enjoyed that. I know the taste of food is one of the most subjective things there is, but IIRC, I thought that pork might have been one of the tasteist items I had there. It's tough to argue individual food choices. Sample a million diners and you'll probably get ten million opinions. Eh, viva le difference!

Prince Valiant
06-21-2010, 10:28 AM
I believe they have different versions of different meats based on the nights...iirc, the pork that disappointed me was some kind of lemon pepper/lemon marinade type that turned out dry and lemony...

DR.FORD
06-21-2010, 10:42 AM
I went there some months ago with my wife and friends. The spread was great, and the selection of meats was almost endless! Only thing was some of them were waay too salty, but I'm sure it was the preparation process they use for that particular item. It was not cheap, but then again was worth the cost!:thumbsup

HITMAN
06-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I believe they have different versions of different meats based on the nights...iirc, the pork that disappointed me was some kind of lemon pepper/lemon marinade type that turned out dry and lemony...

Ok, that would make sense. Like I said, we had gone about three year ago on a Saturday night, so things may have changed.

Grilling pork requires some diligence and lemon pepper is easy to get carried away with.

TheRX7Project
06-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Brazilian food is traditionally "over seasoned". The more traditionally cooked items usually do taste like they have too much seasoning. I did have a piece of some kind of tenderloin (I think) that I felt was a bit overseasoned, but it was still good. And yes, that parmesan pork was EXCELLENT.

HP ADDICT
06-23-2010, 12:23 AM
I was there on fathers day also. I have been there about 5 times now! Only thing that pissed me off was getting my car back from the valet with hand prints all over it? Excellent place to eat.