PDA

View Full Version : Do GM truck brakes need to be bled via pcm?

Yooformula
06-21-2010, 02:03 AM
I have heard that sometimes the brakes need to be pre bled via the pcm/tech 2 if air is introduced into the master. anyone know if this is true? I had some issues with mine and changed alot of items but the brakes still feel a bit spongy.

lilws6
06-21-2010, 08:11 AM
some times they do or wat ive also seen done is take the truck on som gravel roads and jack the brakes to trigger the abs then bleed them. heard it works just as good :goof

Yooformula
06-21-2010, 09:50 AM
some times they do or wat ive also seen done is take the truck on som gravel roads and jack the brakes to trigger the abs then bleed them. heard it works just as good :goof

seriously?

PonyKiller87
06-21-2010, 12:49 PM
seriously?

Worked one mine, bleed them. Then go get the abs to kick in, then go back and bleed them again and it should be good.

Yooformula
06-21-2010, 01:25 PM
after the abs kicks in, do you need to bleed all 4 calipers? stupid question but should the truck be running when I bleed them?

lilws6
06-21-2010, 02:56 PM
na you can shut it off and bleed them just the same. but yea gett the abs pump to acuate and then you can bleed it again :)

brotherbenn83
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I think it is unnecessary, and no the truck does not need to be running. The lines go from the master, to the BPMV, to the individual wheels...you can't really bleed at the wheels without getting fluid through the entire system. There really is no need for the "automated bleed" procedure found on the TECH 2 special functions list for the EBCM.