PDA

View Full Version : Corey Hart

Lash
06-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Who woulda though :stare

Pushing up on the 1/2 point in the season and he's 4 in RBI's and 3rd in HR's in ALL OF BASEBALL.

Where was this when the Brewers were actually good? :chair:

wikked
06-20-2010, 10:03 PM
He's been drinking out of the green coffee pot...

VroomPshhTsi
06-20-2010, 11:41 PM
steroids...

wikked
06-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Speaking of... have you seen Giambi lately? I swear he had a nightcrawler on his bicep the other day, ohwait, that was a vein.

jbiscuit
06-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Hart is totally doing roids. He looks bulkier than ever and hits the ball now with some actual power. Roids aren't a no no unless you get caught.

Karps TA
06-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Didn't he get contacts or his eyes fixed? I think he couldn't see the ball before.

Plus he's gotten a little bit better at not swinging at every junk pitch throw out and down.

Lash
06-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Didn't he get contacts or his eyes fixed? I think he couldn't see the ball before.

I think you're right. I remember him wearing glasses for a few games.

PB86MCSS
06-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm confident that Hart will regress back to flailing at every low and away slider...but happy with his performance so far. He has ability, no doubt. Contact is about the same, just hitting it harder and further than before, which is nice.

tommyt5078
06-27-2010, 08:23 PM
It's the bat, see the front page of the journal :banana1:

I'm glad he's doing good, do to the contract thing.

Karps TA
06-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Theres rumors that we could be trying to trade Hart to Seattle for Cliff Lee.

Also talk of trading Gamel for Lee.

Also talk that we would then trade Lee for a couple younger pitchers...

Could be interesting.

PB86MCSS
06-29-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm not opposed to a three way trade to get good pitching, but any notion of getting Lee to keep for the year is foolish.

I haven't heard these rumors though myself.

Karps TA
06-30-2010, 07:40 AM
I heard it on Baseball Tonite on ESPN last night, and then googled and found this article

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413111-mlb-trade-rumors-could-cliff-lee-come-to-milwaukee-a-year-late

I personally don't see it. They just seem so far out right now. There's like 10 teams in the National League with better records then them.

Karps TA
07-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Why do I have a feeling his performance last night is going to be how his season will go this year? Terrific first half, jack shit in the second.

jbiscuit
07-13-2010, 08:13 AM
^ same thing I was thinking. His performance last night was total fluke. Luck luck and more luck. I was shocked when I turned it on and he had belted 10 already. I thought to myself, "great he'll be leading going into the second round and then look like an idiot when he wiffs at 6 pitches and fouls off 4..."

flyin_blue_egg
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
^^you gotta realize that he went what first or second in the 1st round...then went last in the second round...he got all hyped up for it and then had to sit around for 1 1/2 hours between ABs. WTF did you think was going to happen??

DirtyMax
07-13-2010, 01:28 PM
^^you gotta realize that he went what first or second in the 1st round...then went last in the second round...he got all hyped up for it and then had to sit around for 1 1/2 hours between abs. Wtf did you think was going to happen??

qft

Karps TA
07-13-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm sure the long wait had alot to do with it. But c'mon like anybody will be surprised if in the second half of the season Corey Hart suddenly remembers he's Corey Hart.

jbiscuit
07-13-2010, 02:21 PM
everyone else had to sit around too. They have a cage in the dugout for the guys to take swings. So you are saying he can only hit homeruns when he is warm or hasn't been sitting around? Can he only hit homeruns between 2pm and 4:15pm too? Only after a good meal? On Tuesdays? With his lucky socks? Nobody else had a problem getting up there and whacking some homers. And they didn't whine they sat too long.

Hart looks at himself as a power hitter now so got hit some homeruns then. 13 right out of the gate was impressive but choke choke choke in the second round, sorry

Lash
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I guess I'm the only one who thinks he'll have a good 2nd half. Time will tell.

flyin_blue_egg
07-14-2010, 10:58 AM
everyone else had to sit around too. They have a cage in the dugout for the guys to take swings. So you are saying he can only hit homeruns when he is warm or hasn't been sitting around? Can he only hit homeruns between 2pm and 4:15pm too? Only after a good meal? On Tuesdays? With his lucky socks? Nobody else had a problem getting up there and whacking some homers. And they didn't whine they sat too long.

Hart looks at himself as a power hitter now so got hit some homeruns then. 13 right out of the gate was impressive but choke choke choke in the second round, sorry

he's the only one that had to sit around that long...the other 3 guys that made it to the second round were the LAST THREE TO GO IN THE 1st!!!! Add on to that that Cabrera, Ramirez and Big Poppi were the first 3 to hit in the second round and hart BY FAR sat longer then anybody else combined.

jbiscuit
07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
^excuses. He got off to a bad start in the second round and choked. Plain and simple. No other excuse. As a PRO, he should be ready to hit at any time, anywhere. The next excuse will be that he can't hit homeruns cuz the Cali air is too thin. Or it was too hot out. Or he forgot his Gatorade...when the real reason is he choked. If he only sat for 30 minutes then he would have hit some in the second round is what you are saying then?

Karps TA
07-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I'll give him the time inbetween excuse.

But yesterday in the actual game, wow was he swinging at shit nowhere near the plate. I hope that was just trying to be a hero stuff. That looked alot like Hart of all last season. Low and outside by 3 feet, I think I'll hack at that.

flyin_blue_egg
07-15-2010, 12:27 PM
^excuses. He got off to a bad start in the second round and choked. Plain and simple. No other excuse. As a PRO, he should be ready to hit at any time, anywhere. The next excuse will be that he can't hit homeruns cuz the Cali air is too thin. Or it was too hot out. Or he forgot his Gatorade...when the real reason is he choked. If he only sat for 30 minutes then he would have hit some in the second round is what you are saying then?

i still don't get why you don't understand that an 1 1/2 hour layoff will effect anybody....thats the one thing i hate bout the derby. the guy that hits the most in the 1st round goes last in the 2nd round. the other 3 guys in the second round (as i've already said) were the last 3 to go in the 1st round, meaning they sat for an 1 1/2 hours COMBINED.

Lash
07-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Well, thats a good start to the 2nd half for Corey.

Karps TA
08-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Well they just gave Hart a 3 year ext for 25 mil.

lauratristin
11-24-2010, 05:34 AM
I am sure Hart does not regress to waving at each slider low and away but happy for it. It has the ability, no doubt about it. Please contact is about the same, just hit harder and longer than before, which is nice

STANMAN
11-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Thread necromancer?

brotherbenn83
11-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Way to go resurrecting the thread 1 month post-world series...which of course did NOT feature Corey Hart.