PDA

View Full Version : lefty first basemens glove

theavenger333
06-20-2010, 11:37 AM
hey i've got a kid i coached in freshman ball, and he was playing first base quite a bit, but the glove he had was old as dirt and finally is done. plays in the city leagues, family has very little money. anyone have one lying around, doesn't matter if it's older, just in decent shape. i can recondition it or maybe retie it if need be. i gave my catchers mitt away on here i think, just seeing if anyone has a lefty first basemans glove

Car Guy
06-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Just to clarify, lefty as in a glove for the right hand...???

Prince Valiant
06-20-2010, 08:18 PM
if you're still looking when I get back next weekend, I'll check with the the various teams at greendale if they've got any extra...

theavenger333
06-20-2010, 10:09 PM
correct, a first basemens glove, that is for a left handed thrower, aka it goes on the right hand. kid's family is poor as shit, he's managed to stay clean for awhile, and he really loves first base. thanks pv

Silver350
06-21-2010, 11:00 AM
, he's managed to stay clean for awhile,

What do you mean by this?

1997 Trans-Am
06-21-2010, 01:28 PM

prolly takes a shower everyday now :goof

theavenger333
06-21-2010, 08:55 PM

kid had to do community service at age 14. lives in a rough neighborhood and his brother deals drugs, carrys a gun. this kid got in trouble quickly but learned his lesson and had managed to stay out of trouble. baseball is one of the things he enjoys now and has kept him away from bad things.

moels
06-21-2010, 11:31 PM
I will try to pop over to a sporting goods store tomorrow if I get a chance. If they have a lefty 1st basemen's glove for a decent price, I will buy it for the kid and get it to you. If he gets one in the meantime, one of my kids can use it when he gets older.

If a kid is interested in a sport and it helps keep him out of trouble, I always try and see if I can help keep him playing.

Silver350
06-22-2010, 04:28 PM
I will try to pop over to a sporting goods store tomorrow if I get a chance. If they have a lefty 1st basemen's glove for a decent price, I will buy it for the kid and get it to you. If he gets one in the meantime, one of my kids can use it when he gets older.

If a kid is interested in a sport and it helps keep him out of trouble, I always try and see if I can help keep him playing.

Thats what why I asked the Question I asked. I thought about getting him one also. Wonder if BCM could start like a small Charity to help an induvidual like this where we can open a paypal or something that members can donate money for.

theavenger333
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM

thats pretty great of you guys to do, honestly i'd buy him one but i really cannot afford it. i think it was you moels, that i gave my old catchers mitt to i just wondered if anyone had a 1b mitt.

moels
06-22-2010, 08:58 PM
thats pretty great of you guys to do, honestly i'd buy him one but i really cannot afford it. i think it was you moels, that i gave my old catchers mitt to i just wondered if anyone had a 1b mitt.

It was me that picked the catcher's mitt up for my son. Another reason to make me want to pick this up for the kid. I didn't have time to get one today and I will try to do it tomorrow after work. I will post up here if I pick one up and we can figure out where I can get it to you.

mrz28M6
06-23-2010, 06:56 PM
otherwise i have one stevie! it just needs to really be reconditioned.

theavenger333
06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
that would be good dusty, where you working abouts these days? shoot me a pm